'12 JUCO DB Otis Jacobs (A&M signee)

mooreaj21

Defensive Back
Perkinston, Ms.
Gulf Coast C.C.
HT: 6'1
WT: 180
Class: JUCO 2012

Tennessee has contacted Jacobs, goes to the same JUCO as Darrington Sentimore & is from the same High School that current Vol commit Otha Peters goes too.

Rivals
Film

With a name like Otis he's an old soul and we need him. Get em Dooley!

Jacobs has been committed to Texas A&M since May, but said Friday the firing of Aggies coach Mike Sherman earlier this week might have altered his plans.

"Things have changed," Jacobs said. "I'm just going to wait it out and see what happens with the coaches up there."

Jacobs is an All-Region 23 selection this season with 39 tackles, 2 interceptions and 14 pass break-ups.

MGCCC cornerback Alonzo Lawrence weighing his options | gulflive.com

I like the way reads the qb (in the plays in the video)... Gotta love the reaction of the guy on the sideline when he breaks up the pass at the 1:35 mark.

would he have 2 or 3 years to play? If he were to have 2, then like half of our team will be Juniors...

Lemme try this again: big, fast, and older. Veteran presence who can play and show the younger guys how to play their game.

Dequan Menzie all over. I would like to see him in some bump and run coverage though. He plays cushion ball all the time. He's an athlete though.

I knew someone would say that about CTJ. Hahahahahaha.......wish Wilcox would just take it over somewhat like Saban does with Bama.

This is true, but it needs to be taught by someone other than Terry Joesph.

Randolph and Lanier certainly appeared to be getting no quality coaching....I mean they did not turn into very productive DB's in their first year on campus or anything. And Wagg's didnt have his best season or anything.

We have a Legit Shot here.

If A&M continues to drag their feet in this coaching search, Jacobs may fall right into our laps
Posted via VolNation Mobile

FWIW Jacobs tweeted that in 5 more days he will be heading to Tennessee or Texas A&M.

Is he an absolute take? Seems like our secondary is well represented in this years class.

On another note, if he indeed picks UT, that's a sure sign we are also getting sentimore (even though everyone seems to feel good about him already)

VN Store

Back