Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schafer has looked really good the last three games.

3-10, and has three walks for a .400 OBP. Also has only struck out twice, two stolen bases, and five runs.

He hasn't had a three game stretch like that all year.

Two other things:

While I'm definitely not sold by any means, Wilkin Ramirez had a very good series and has done well in limited playing time. He might be on the roster for a while.

Dan Uggla his last ten games: 11-35 (.314), with 8 walks (.418 OBP) and 7 extra base hits.

Two other things:

While I'm definitely not sold by any means, Wilkin Ramirez had a very good series and has done well in limited playing time. He might be on the roster for a while.

Dan Uggla his last ten games: 11-35 (.314), with 8 walks (.418 OBP) and 7 extra base hits.
Do you know how long Uggla's hit streak is? I love this addition. Great guy, hitter, and better than advertised D.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

9 games now for Uggla, I think.

Jordan is making his case. I just hope he continues to progress.

Danny Espinosa is really good; just good enough to finish second to Kimbrel for ROY with Freddie third...for now.

I'm not sure we could have won that game a few weeks ago, sans Chipper to boot!

Last edited:
9 games now for Uggla, I think.

Jordan is making his case. I just hope he continues to progress.

Danny Espinosa is really good; just good enough to finish second to Kimbrel for ROY with Freddie third...for now.

I'm not sure we could have won that game a few weeks ago, sans Chipper to boot!

He looks so much better. I think he'll put up a .250/.330/.450 line with 15 homers this break.

Jordan looks so much better his past week. At his first plate appearance, he would have swung at that outside slider Gorzelanny threw on the 3-2 count. Took the pitch, stole the base, and came in to score. That is something we need consistently from him.

Espinosa is really, really good. He's a switch hitting Chase Utley. The way he turned on that Sherrill fastball in on his hands was impressive.

A Braves trades I thought of today:

Rays get: A B prospect (Minor) and C prospect (Milligan) + McLouth
Braves get: B.J. Upton and Sean Rodriguez

Why the Braves do it: Upton is a good player. He's a good fielder. Has a decent stat line this year and has been better (.245/.327/.426 this year. For the month of July .390/.457/.634). He is a very good defender and provides pop in the middle of the order, or can bat second.

Rodriguez has struggled, but we don't need a lot. We need a guy who can play short, and he does. He can play almost any position, and would be a great utility guy off the bench. He's also under team control for a couple more years.

Might be a cheap way to get a right handed bat and a good defender. He isn't the most consistent player, and he's under team control for next year.

Just a thought.

A Braves trades I thought of today:

Rays get: A B prospect (Minor) and C prospect (Milligan) + McLouth
Braves get: B.J. Upton and Sean Rodriguez

Why the Braves do it: Upton is a good player. He's a good fielder. Has a decent stat line this year and has been better (.245/.327/.426 this year. For the month of July .390/.457/.634). He is a very good defender and provides pop in the middle of the order, or can bat second.

Rodriguez has struggled, but we don't need a lot. We need a guy who can play short, and he does. He can play almost any position, and would be a great utility guy off the bench. He's also under team control for a couple more years.

Might be a cheap way to get a right handed bat and a good defender. He isn't the most consistent player, and he's under team control for next year.

Just a thought.

What about why the Rays would do it...?

Good idea Zjc. I think Upton is the best we can hope for. Would love to see it happen. What's the probability of it iyo?

Good idea Zjc. I think Upton is the best we can hope for. Would love to see it happen. What's the probability of it iyo?

2/10

It seems the Braves are set on not trading for a right handed OF bat. They think Prado/McLouth or Schafer/Heyward is enough when they are all healthy. Also, Chipper is progressing very nicely and could play next Monday. The only moves they'll make is for a backup SS and MAYBE a right handed reliever. They might try and dump Lowe, but that makes zero sense to me.

It seems the Tigers have interest in Lowe and we've made deals with them before. It'd be nice to get rid of that contract for next year, but he's always been much much better in the second half (around .500 for his career in 1st half, 28 games over in the 2nd). It would also put alot of pressure on Beachy come playoff time.

Who would the Tigers send our way?

I'm surprised they haven't given up trading with us after the Smoltz and Jurrjens moves.

2/10

It seems the Braves are set on not trading for a right handed OF bat. They think Prado/McLouth or Schafer/Heyward is enough when they are all healthy. Also, Chipper is progressing very nicely and could play next Monday. The only moves they'll make is for a backup SS and MAYBE a right handed reliever. They might try and dump Lowe, but that makes zero sense to
me.
Bad move IMO. This team is playoff bound as is, but they need one more bat IMO, and Bourne, and especially Upton would put them over the top IMO.

Who would the Tigers send our way?

I'm surprised they haven't given up trading with us after the Smoltz and Jurrjens moves.

No idea who we'd get in return, it's just showed up for a few days on insider and DOB has mentioned it in his blog as a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back