Goodbye Oregon Football

And helping a kid go to school is not the same thing as recruiting.

You do realize that not even your own counterparts are agreeing with you, right? It's hilarious to watch you try to keep retreating even though you are already in a corner.

jesus. kelly sent him a PERSONAL NOTE thankign him for his help in setting up recruiting visits. what friggin other evidence do you need?

Helping to make travel arrangements and scheduling is not recruiting a kid to go to that school. The act of scheduling does not create a recruiting advantage.

I think that some people, in their zealousness to see Oregon punished, are losing sight of the rules intent. Lyles being involved somehow with the scheduling of a trip was not, to any degree, the thing that any recruits decision hinged on.

"If Lyles organizes this trip, I'm in!"

It is when you get paid for it. As stated many times before, at the time Lyles was paid by UO, he could no longer advise kids on where to play football.

No. He can't promote a single school. There is no available evidence demonstrating that he did promote a single school. He delivered services to multiple schools and repeatedly denies steering kids anywhere.

He is considered a booster.

By who?

You do realize that not even your own counterparts are agreeing with you, right? It's hilarious to watch you try to keep retreating even though you are already in a corner.

What "counterparts" are you referring to?

And what point have I retreated on?

Helping to make travel arrangements and scheduling is not recruiting a kid to go to that school. The act of scheduling does not create a recruiting advantage.

I think that some people, in their zealousness to see Oregon punished, are losing sight of the rules intent. Lyles being involved somehow with the scheduling of a trip was not, to any degree, the thing that any recruits decision hinged on.

"If Lyles organizes this trip, I'm in!"

No. He can't promote a single school. There is no available evidence demonstrating that he did promote a single school. He delivered services to multiple schools and repeatedly denies steering kids anywhere.

By who?

The common sense is weak in you my young padawan. You are not yet ready

if this isn't recruiting what the hell is? why do you think oregon went through lyles to set up these visits in the first place? why not do it on their own and bypass him completely if lyles was simply just a secretary arranging flights?

I was wrong. Wheaton may yet prove to be worse than utgibbs. He is in VegasVol territory now.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Willie Lyles situation could have Oregon Ducks and Chip Kelly in serious trouble -- College football - ESPN

The bad news: Lyles' story, as he's now telling (and seems comfortable telling the NCAA), is going to be very hard for Oregon to defend. His actions likely would get him classified as a booster. Worse still is that he's basically telling reporters that 11 months after Oregon paid him $25,000, Kelly and another staffer contacted him to get him to scramble to send them some kind of recruiting materials, which sounded a lot like a cover-up was in the works.

Here's where the Will Lyles-as-a-viable-recruiting-service explanation is going to fall apart: Major college programs are not shelling out $25,000 for recruiting services sight unseen. Even spending $10,000 is a lot, but Lyles is listed as a "national" recruiting package for Oregon. That means they should've expected, or been paying for, so much more.

Wheaton, this is for you

"NCAA rules allow conversations and information gathering between agents and student-athletes, but agreements and receiving extra benefits are not permitted," NCAA spokeswoman Stacey Osburn said Thursday. "Under NCAA rules, an agent is any individual that markets or promotes a student-athlete. Essentially, it doesn't matter how the individual classifies themselves - whether it be 'agent,' 'runner,' 'financial adviser,' 'cousin,' et cetera — but rather the important distinction and focus is on what activities this person is doing for the student-athlete."

LSU comes up amid NCAA investigation of 'street agent' - USATODAY.com

Oregon is raining on the parade with its recruiting scandal - San Jose Mercury News

Chip Kelly's Contract Leaves Little NCAA Violation Wiggle Room | KEZI

7.02.a.3 Termination by University for Just Cause, defined as - "A serious and knowing violation of any law, rule, regulation, constitutional provision, bylaw, or interpretation of the University, PAC-10 Conference or the NCAA, which may, in the reasonable good faith judgment of University, reflect or impact adversely upon University or its athletic program or which may result in University being placed on probation by the PAC-10 Conference or the NCAA..."

lacheseastrunk_airjordancashgift.jpg

if this isn't recruiting what the hell is? why do you think oregon went through lyles to set up these visits in the first place? why not do it on their own and bypass him completely if lyles was simply just a secretary arranging flights?

Where has it been established that they "went through" Lyles for the visit? If Lyles, on his own, called up Oregon one day and said that Seastrunk wants to visit on such and such day, that is hardly going "through" Lyles for anything.

As far as what recruiting is, I always thought that it was acts to convince a kid that they should go to a school. What do you think it is?

It sounds like your interpretation of it is so loose that eating a sandwich is recruiting if it happens to occur while a coach is on their way to talk to a PSA. In my view, at that moment, the coach isn't "recruiting." He is simply eating a sandwich.

Where has it been established that they "went through" Lyles for the visit? If Lyles, on his own, called up Oregon one day and said that Seastrunk wants to visit on such and such day, that is hardly going "through" Lyles for anything.

As far as what recruiting is, I always thought that it was acts to convince a kid that they should go to a school. What do you think it is?

It sounds like your interpretation of it is so loose that eating a sandwich is recruiting if it happens to occur while a coach is on their way to talk to a PSA. In my view, at that moment, the coach isn't "recruiting." He is simply eating a sandwich.

At least you're consistent.

Going through someone is exactly as you described.

just got banned from educk asking why they fired the guy if they didn't do anything wrong. it's like china over there.

what did you do................... wear ADIDAS???

He really has no other choice at this point. It will be entertaining to watch the house of cards come tumbling down.

i dont understand why he is so desperate for us to buy what he is selling. our opinion means absolutely nothing in this matter. is he trying to make himself believe?

VN Store

Back