WWE Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You saying kids didn't like The Hulkster?
2. Isn't that a good thing if Cena is a heel?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's not that they "didn't like" him, but more that the kids weren't the focal point. Teens and young adults were the focal point, thus the more violence allowed. Now the WWE seems to be trying to get those mid-90s teens to get their kids to enjoy what they enjoyed, but knows that they can't put the same product out because those mid-90s teens are slightly more mature and don't want their under-10s/tweens watching Attitude or Monday Night Wars era brutality.

If you want to still sell Cena stuff, no it's not a good thing. The only people buying his stuff are the ones who get it because he's a good guy. His merch gets no sales if he's a bad guy. Only the good wrestlers who turn heel seem to keep their merch sales decent.

It's not that they "didn't like" him, but more that the kids weren't the focal point. Teens and young adults were the focal point, thus the more violence allowed. Now the WWE seems to be trying to get those mid-90s teens to get their kids to enjoy what they enjoyed, but knows that they can't put the same product out because those mid-90s teens are slightly more mature and don't want their under-10s/tweens watching Attitude or Monday Night Wars era brutality.

If you want to still sell Cena stuff, no it's not a good thing. The only people buying his stuff are the ones who get it because he's a good guy. His merch gets no sales if he's a bad guy. Only the good wrestlers who turn heel seem to keep their merch sales decent.

The WWE is always going to sell merchandise whether Cena is a fan favorite or not. To use that as a reason to keep him face is ridiculous, imo.

The WWE is always going to sell merchandise whether Cena is a fan favorite or not. To use that as a reason to keep him face is ridiculous, imo.

I would be shocked if he hasn't produced the most money in merch in WWE history. If he turns heel, the kids will not want to cheer for him, but nobody else is there to take that spot (save Mysterio, and he's pretty much as high as he can get). The cash cow they have needs to stay face or they lose the demographic completely.

I would be shocked if he hasn't produced the most money in merch in WWE history. If he turns heel, the kids will not want to cheer for him, but nobody else is there to take that spot (save Mysterio, and he's pretty much as high as he can get). The cash cow they have needs to stay face or they lose the demographic completely.

Kids will not just stop watching. They will find someone else to cheer for and buy that merchandise. They will still watch to see their former hero get his butt kicked.

Kids will not just stop watching. They will find someone else to cheer for and buy that merchandise. They will still watch to see their former hero get his butt kicked.

I don't think they'll just go cold turkey. I don't, however, think they'll buy up any other merch like they did for Cena. The only person in WWE that has kids wrapped around his finger like Cena is Mysterio. There will be a significant drop in merchandise sales if Cena goes heel.

I really didn't know what to think about it except it was great. Now that I have read the spoilers for next week, it definitely is a work. Still, kudos to Punk. Best performance in a long time.

I think Mysterio could easily take Cena's place.

+1. Not only do the kids love him, but the adults don't hate him like they do Cena. I will say he isn't my favorite, but he does entertain me (Mysterio that is). All they would have to do is get a heel that is easy for kids to hate (Punk, Heel Cena, heck even Truth) and put Mysterio in a feud with him for the title and kids are hooked.

Was funny. I wish that match would have gotten 5 more minutes. I expected it to be very fast paced though, and it wasn't.

There were a few things I really didn't get about that match. One was when Sin Cara used the headscissors toss to send Bourne out of the ring. He stared for a couple seconds, went off the opposite rope, then slid out of the ring. They stared at each other for what seemed like 2.3 hours, then calmly got back in the ring.

I don't think they'll just go cold turkey. I don't, however, think they'll buy up any other merch like they did for Cena. The only person in WWE that has kids wrapped around his finger like Cena is Mysterio. There will be a significant drop in merchandise sales if Cena goes heel.

Good, it will force the WWE to actually field a good product to make sales rather than pander to prepubescent little bastards whose parents can't say no.

Good, it will force the WWE to actually field a good product to make sales rather than pander to prepubescent little bastards whose parents can't say no.

I agree that I would love it.

I don't think the risk is worth it to Vince et al.

There were a few things I really didn't get about that match. One was when Sin Cara used the headscissors toss to send Bourne out of the ring. He stared for a couple seconds, went off the opposite rope, then slid out of the ring. They stared at each other for what seemed like 2.3 hours, then calmly got back in the ring.

That was weird. At first, I thought they were trying to show mutual respect. But Idk if that was it. It was weird. They have knew for a week they were going to have a match. Idk how you can't put together a better one than that with those two guys. They could have the building going crazy, yet they have it at a crawl pace.

And what happened to Sin Cara's back flip rock bottom thing off the top rope? I understand everyone can't do that, but Bourne is one who can.

never thought I'd say this, but I think I actually miss the Luchadores.

I'm also to the point where I hate entrance music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back