'12 TX WR Connor Crane

Would take both of them. Crane is very impressive in his film. Both him and Hedegus have good speed and size and get seperation from DB's. Would definately take both. Crane has a good QB throwing to him too. Definately couldnt go wrong with either but would take Crane first. But again both are impressive and would take either or both. Hope Crane committs while hes here.

At the end of the article on VQ, he said he plans on taking his time on a decision. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a commit during the visit.

At the end of the article on VQ, he said he plans on taking his time on a decision. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a commit during the visit.

Never get high hopes on what a teenager does. Hope he's a Vol by signing day that's all that matters.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hegedus is blowing up the camp circuit. Apparently he's gotten much better since last season, so it will be interesting to see how he does in his senior year.

I do like Crane's film better however.

2* on ESPN, ranked 127, 9 spots in front of Hegedus:

Crane is one of those guys you can't help but like. There will be faster and quicker players in the class, but with Crane you get consistency and a guy that knows how to get open. He catches the ball extremely well, runs adequately, not great, but he can play inside or outside and is really good when inside vs. zone coverage. He is a Brian Finneran type. Has long legs and good size. Has potential to be an effective guy in the red area and flashes these traits at this level. Gets into routes quickly and works to get open. He's not going to offer a lot at the next level after the catch, but is a big target as an intermediate-to-deep receiver and knows how to utilize his size. Attacks the corners leverage and consistently utilizes his strong hands to get an outside release. Can be difficult to jam off the line and reroute. Runs crisp routes. Doesn't show great separation speed and burst out of his cuts, but attacks the football with arm extension and has a large catch radius. Is a difficult matchup for linebackers underneath on drags and option routes. Snags the ball well in traffic and can absorb the big hit. Adjust his body well to the downfield throw and difficult pass. Crane does not run great nor is he an explosive guy with the ball in his hands. He is steady and productive and tough. Solid prospect with many redeeming traits.

2* on ESPN, ranked 127, 9 spots in front of Hegedus:

Crane is one of those guys you can't help but like. There will be faster and quicker players in the class, but with Crane you get consistency and a guy that knows how to get open. He catches the ball extremely well, runs adequately, not great, but he can play inside or outside and is really good when inside vs. zone coverage. He is a Brian Finneran type. Has long legs and good size. Has potential to be an effective guy in the red area and flashes these traits at this level. Gets into routes quickly and works to get open. He's not going to offer a lot at the next level after the catch, but is a big target as an intermediate-to-deep receiver and knows how to utilize his size. Attacks the corners leverage and consistently utilizes his strong hands to get an outside release. Can be difficult to jam off the line and reroute. Runs crisp routes. Doesn't show great separation speed and burst out of his cuts, but attacks the football with arm extension and has a large catch radius. Is a difficult matchup for linebackers underneath on drags and option routes. Snags the ball well in traffic and can absorb the big hit. Adjust his body well to the downfield throw and difficult pass. Crane does not run great nor is he an explosive guy with the ball in his hands. He is steady and productive and tough. Solid prospect with many redeeming traits.

A lotta racist iyam

Per Hubbs, he will be visiting today. He is very excited about the offer he received from the vols and wants to see what UT has to offer. Will be here for only one day.

Per Hubbs, he will be visiting today. He is very excited about the offer he received from the vols and wants to see what UT has to offer. Will be here for only one day.

Wasn't he supposed to have been here two days ago? I may have been thinking of someone else. Either way I hope visit goes well. GBO!

A lotta racist iyam

I think there's a pre written analysis of all white receivers that you can just copy and paste for these things. "Not the fastest or most athletic but dependable and runs great routes.." etc

Going by what Sab said Hegedus could be a key for Prinz next year, so all other things being equal (or close to) I'd choose Hegudus. Also fun for Kessling pronounciation.

Crane enjoyed his visit. Two words he used to describe UT...."great" and "ridiculous"

Simply put, it's Charlie B. He is bringing back WR U. His background and the players he has coached over his career is sick. I can't think of a college receiver's coach that has his resume. He is the shiznit.

VN Store

Back