Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to start annoying the wife by using all the dumb sponsor names for everything in everyday conversation. It'll be fun enough irritating her on its own, but the payoff will come when she herself refers to Gonzalez making the "Bellsouth Call to the Bullpen" (or whatever it's called now). Sort of like my Kirk Herbstreit/Herb Kirkstreit project from five years ago. She still isn't sure what his name is.

Wow...that's lame...

Still comedy gold when she calls him Herb Kirkstreit and then throws something at me five years later. It'll be just as funny in five years when she can't get something like "Safeco insurance run" out of her head either, because it will annoy her every time it comes up.

This is the sort of lame entertainment you resort to when you've been married 18 years.

Best thing at the end of this game was Gonzalez going straight to Venters in the 7th when the game was on the line, rather than waiting until the 8th.

I was referring to the ball that Freeman skulled and hit the mound resulting in an easy dp...

Ha. Well, deliberately annoying my wife by saying something silly over and over again is admittedly lame too.

Freeman and Heyward both scorched balls that should have scored runs late in this one. Amazing how the offense decided to show up in the last few innings.

(I'm sure the pitching had nothing to do with it.)

Freddy is making these guys look great at first. They just have to get it in the general vicinity of the bag and he makes the scoop.

Insane pick and throw by Gonzalez to nd the game. I'm enjoying having a power forward playing 1B.

Freeman has probably 8-9 runs this season with stellar defense. Hopefully he gets it going at the plate now.
It looks to me like the light is coming on at the plate for Freeman. He's hitting the ball hard and isn't getting fooled very often. Hitting 6th will only help him.

That was the type of win that can get you guys going, especially offensively. Play of the game was the backhand dive by Chipper and the stretch by Freeman. Chipper showed his arm is still ridiculously strong because he literally flipped that ball to first on a line. If he had stepped into it he wouldn't have got him. That was impressive.

I came to the realization last night that I throw a lot like Venters, minus 8-9 mph's...ha...must be nice Johnny...

Anyone with espnInsider, there is an article up about batting order... Heyward is the picture on it, of course.

Amazing how everyone can feel great after a big win like tonight. It always feels good. :)

And...I'm going to get absolutely torched for this, but Freddie Freeman reminds me a lot of Adrian Gonzalez, with his ability to scoop and how he can take the ball opposite way so well. I don't think he'll have 40 homer power though.

The starting pitchers have to stop giving up all these early runs. Playing from behind in the 1st or 2nd inning has gotten old.

So much for momentum carrying us. Really hope we can win today.

This team is sad. Have good pitching, very good players, yet they continue to suck it up every night. What a joke.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back