Hat/LawVol

Ok, this is the same crowd that was down on Shaka Smart right? I agreed with the analysis: limited sample size. And yet, now we're pleased with a hire whose sample side is just as limited and whose success is less?
"Pleased" is a stretch.

It's a limited sample size, but what I've seen is encouraging.

I thought I remembered hearing that his roster was made up mostly of JUCOs and cast-offs from other programs. If true, that would concern me when it comes to recruiting.

They went the save the money, mid-major route. That being said I do like the pick if we were not going to sign a big name. He is from a really good tree, has a very solid player/coaching background, was a young cancer survivor, and is a good game day tactician. Grew up in one rough a** city, East St. Louis. Made final five list at Mizzou and OU. Looks like they are trying to go the Dooley route with strong character in addition to the up and coming scenario. Not a bad thing at all if he can win.

I'm not really "Wow this guy is awful" surprised, it's more of a "Wow of the 361 names we heard in the past week, I don't remember hearing his once" surprised.

This just further proves one thing: Hamilton may not be on everyone's favorites list, but he sure knows how to keep'em guessing when it comes to coaches hires.:lolabove:

I kind of had a feeling that if it wasn't Frank, then this (a surprise hire) was likely to happen.

I will bet the Search Firm that researched and recommended him did a thorough vetting job. So, he must have a good track record, coaching style and recruiting skills. We got him, he is our man, and let's get behind him. If he is clean maybe the NCAA won't come down us too hard and we can retain and recruit some great players in the next year or so.

leave just enough wiggle room so that you can lead another rebellion in case he fails.

I'm sure he and the 13 year old Lawyer will give the new coach at least until December to prove something before the new firing campaign takes flight.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm not really "Wow this guy is awful" surprised, it's more of a "Wow of the 361 names we heard in the past week, I don't remember hearing his once" surprised.

Just like the Dooley hire....as much as I wanted Frank I knew we'd hire someone that the majority of us would be saying..."WTF who is that?"

A friend of mine is a Missouri fan, he wanted this guy a lot! He is a great recruiter with ties to East St. Louis and the Chicago area. I will make my final judgement in a couple years, but like the hire for now.

He's the head basketball coach at the University of Tennessee now. This makes him my favorite men's college B-Ball coach in the country.

I don't follow basketball nearly as closely as football, but I guess we took the option of going after a lesser known guy with a lot of potential ... ? Anyway, I don't think Billy Donovan was that well known when Florida took him, was he? Maybe this guy will turn out great. In any event, as long as he conducts himself with class, represents the University and our State well, AND wins games, he'll be fine in my book. HA! Go Vols!

A friend of mine is a Missouri fan, he wanted this guy a lot! He is a great recruiter with ties to East St. Louis and the Chicago area. I will make my final judgement in a couple years, but like the hire for now.

Wait, as someone who lives in St. Louis....ties to East St. Louis is a good thing?

You think he can get Nelly to come here for some games? He has some eligibility I think.

Ok, this is the same crowd that was down on Shaka Smart right? I agreed with the analysis: limited sample size. And yet, now we're pleased with a hire whose sample side is just as limited and whose success is less?

First, he's actually won his conference.

Second, he wasn't bequeathed near the talent that Shaka got from Grant.

At least he has more head coaching experience than Wade Houston. Does he have a son who is a great prospect?

VN Store

Back