BREAKING NEWS: Janzen Jackson withdraws from school. (merged)

News channel 5 in Nashville said that JJ left for personal reasons and that CDD stated that he and everyone else fully supports JJ.

Also reported that JJ could be back for spring practice and be ready to play next season.

This sounds like JJ had more than he could handle at this time and be able to attend classes, train, pass his exams, ect at this time so he's taking a semester off to try and get everything worked out.

CDD and everyone is trying to help and support JJ as best they can in whatever this situation is all about.

The door is wide open for JJ to return and hopefully that will be in the spring or Summer so he'll be in shape and ready to play next season.

Whatever happens...Tennessee football and life WILL go on and this 1 player won't kill our team.

I wish JJ and his family all the best and I pray that everything will get worked out and that he'll be back on the field next season wearing the big orange.

VFL...GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Obligations to what? There are things more important than football. I know I withdrew from UT for the semester for financial and family reasons and I will be back in the summer. No one knows what is going on, but comparing missed practice time to waliking out on the presidency is ridiculous.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't want him back, I'm tired of Janzen jackson. I wish him the best in his life, but these Scholarships are for the kids that are willing to give there all 100% of the time. we don't need any Brett Farve's.

I tired of Janzen. At some point in his life, he's going to have to realize he has obligations and can't just quit and come back whenever he wants. If Obama had personal issues, would he resign as president and say he wanted to retain his title a few months later? No.

well, a few months w/o Obama would be a good thing.

News channel 5 in Nashville said that JJ left for personal reasons and that CDD stated that he and everyone else fully supports JJ.

Also reported that JJ could be back for spring practice and be ready to play next season.

This sounds like JJ had more than he could handle at this time and be able to attend classes, train, pass his exams, ect at this time so he's taking a semester off to try and get everything worked out.

CDD and everyone is trying to help and support JJ as best they can in whatever this situation is all about.

The door is wide open for JJ to return and hopefully that will be in the spring or Summer so he'll be in shape and ready to play next season.

Whatever happens...Tennessee football and life WILL go on and this 1 player won't kill our team.

I wish JJ and his family all the best and I pray that everything will get worked out and that he'll be back on the field next season wearing the big orange.

VFL...GO BIG ORANGE!!!

Wes Rucker just said the same thing on a Memphis radio interview just now. Said that despite all of Janzen's escapades up there (and they are many), this situation is truly a personal thing and that he has some "demons" to conquer. Still no word on exactly what it is but the kid has some serious issues going one. I wish him well and hope he can conquer them. If he comes back to play, it's gravy for him and UT.

Murder/Robbery? If so, thats too bad. I was thinking maybe a sick mom or something. If its his brother then he needs to realize he has no control and come back to school so he can make something of himself. Getting beck into this bad situation would be foolish. Is JJ gonna help him get out of trouble? Is he goona pay for a lawyer? Or better yet, can he control his brother's actions at all? Not likely.

JJ get out of there while you can. Millions in the NFL could pay dividends to helping your brother out. (therapy/lawyers/rehab/job/etc) Getting your brother to stop acting like a criminal is not your responsibility.

THIS IS JUST AN OPINION but it sounds like there may be some form of mental illness at play here..

If so, many prayers for JJ. I've dealt with it before with family members and it's something you WOULD NOT wish on your worst enemy...

I know people are tired of JJ antics but this sounds very different.. Maybe we can cut him some slack, pray for him and hope he's puts this behind him regardless of football..

I don't want him back, I'm tired of Janzen jackson. I wish him the best in his life, but these Scholarships are for the kids that are willing to give there all 100% of the time. we don't need any Brett Farve's.

Ignorant post, good thing your opinion doesn't mean anything

I don't want to know what it is but it would be nice to know this wasn't self inflicted BS he's putting himself through.

THIS IS JUST AN OPINION but it sounds like there may be some form of mental illness at play here..

If so, many prayers for JJ. I've dealt with it before with family members and it's something you WOULD NOT wish on your worst enemy...

I know people are tired of JJ antics but this sounds very different.. Maybe we can cut him some slack, pray for him and hope he's puts this behind him regardless of football..

I am not sure, but I do not think this is the case. I have a theory --that I have heard circulated around school-- that jives very well with what Hubbs said on the radio today. I will NOT post it.

Unsubstantiated rumor started before the bow game. Almost certainly not true.

Murder/Robbery? If so, thats too bad. I was thinking maybe a sick mom or something. If its his brother then he needs to realize he has no control and come back to school so he can make something of himself. Getting beck into this bad situation would be foolish. Is JJ gonna help him get out of trouble? Is he goona pay for a lawyer? Or better yet, can he control his brother's actions at all? Not likely.

JJ get out of there while you can. Millions in the NFL could pay dividends to helping your brother out. (therapy/lawyers/rehab/job/etc) Getting your brother to stop acting like a criminal is not your responsibility.

All the recent news releases are saying "personal issues" but everything before the bowl game was about "family issues". Wonder if this is a new issue? And I have been able to find nothing showing the guy arrested for murder was Janzen's brother. Can someone link me to that thread? The article below an interview of Janzen's dad pre bowl game.

Janzen Jackson's father: 'He's doing well' GoVolsXtra

This isn't over a family member.... It's a personal matter with JJ. I wish the kid the best and hope he is back by fall.

The guy that is his supposed brother is Aramis Jackson

I have read ALOT of posts going back before the bowl game and someone posted a post asking if that was his brother. This rumor spread from that but nowhere I can find says this is his brother. Can someone actually post something that shows this person is his brother. I can't find it.

This isn't over a family member.... It's a personal matter with JJ. I wish the kid the best and hope he is back by fall.

I have also seen this same post several times over the past couple days but nobody has had any details or said where this "knowledge" was from. Are you friends with him? Friend of family? His dad said it was a "family situation". At least post some insight to why you believe this to be true.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2010/dec/15/vols-dealing-personnel-issues-music-city-bowl-prac/

“Janzen Jackson is dealing with some very, very personal and family issues,” Vols coach Derek Dooley said during a press conference on Wednesday. (Pre Bowl Game Quote)

I have also seen this same post several times over the past couple days but nobody has had any details or said where this "knowledge" was from. Are you friends with him? Friend of family? His dad said it was a "family situation". At least post some insight to why you believe this to be true.

it's being called a personal issue and that's where it stays until Dooley or JJ wants to go into more detail. Some have a better idea what that means but it's not going to be sourced on a message board. If you want to believe it fine but don't expect a link to the KNS to prove it

it's being called a personal issue and that's where it stays until Dooley or JJ wants to go into more detail. Some have a better idea what that means but it's not going to be sourced on a message board. If you want to believe it fine but don't expect a link to the KNS to prove it

I didn't ask what the problem was. I just asked for someone to say where their information came from. I doubt the KNS would give detailed information unless it was a criminal investigation on the player. But the two posts that I provided were coming from Dooley and the kids dad.

I didn't ask what the problem was. I just asked for someone to say where their information came from. I doubt the KNS would give detailed information unless it was a criminal investigation on the player. But the two posts that I provided were coming from Dooley and the kids dad.

the quotes you provided were from before the bowl game.

and a sure way to lose your sources is to start naming them

Lol.. My source is named Willis, as in what u talking bout.

the quotes you provided were from before the bowl game.

and a sure way to lose your sources is to start naming them

You missed my point. In this thread alone you will read that its personal...its family.....that his brother murdered somone....some references to drugs....

If a post that said it wasn't a family issue was preceded by one of these then it would be less likely to be questioned.

I know Janzen...
I know Janzens family...
I talked to one of the coaches....
Janzen told me....

Yes I know the two references I posted were before the bowl game. I find it VERY unlikely that a player left the program for "personal reasons" during one of the preparation for one of the most important games of the year and then withdrew from the university in a little over a month later for two different reasons. Unless you believe the first reason corrected itself in la few days during his last exit.

Dooley and his father said it was a "family" issue just a few weeks ago. Are you saying family issue is no longer an issue and now its a personal issue?

good grief, Dooley said it was a personal issue and the local media said the same. What more do you want since I don't believe Janzen posts here?

you want some locked in source and it's not going to happen. Believe what you want

VN Store

Back