Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

The FL fans I know seem to think Weis is going to build their "dynasty" back up. I'm not sure they understand that he's not going to stay long enough to do that. This move is all about Charlie Weis. It has nothing to do with helping bring the FL "dynasty" back. He could care less about that. This is about him getting himself in the college game again. The stop at FL is temporary. If this were a long-term fit then I'd be worried for the rest of the SEC. However, its not and everyone, well most everyone, knows this.

Coaching at UF is top notch in the college ranks, no denying that.

The move on CWs part from KC to UF is a little hard to figure tho.

This move really isn't that surprising to me. He was about to get fired at KC. A great opportunity in the college ranks opens up and he takes it because he's about to be unemployed but more importantly, he loves the college game. He wants to be a HC in college again. FL is the stepping stone he's been waiting for.

I agree, something about this doesn't seem right.

But I'll take it, for better or for worse.

You can't get much worse than our last OC.

The FL fans I know seem to think Weis is going to build their "dynasty" back up. I'm not sure they understand that he's not going to stay long enough to do that. This move is all about Charlie Weis. It has nothing to do with helping bring the FL "dynasty" back. He could care less about that. This is about him getting himself in the college game again. The stop at FL is temporary. If this were a long-term fit then I'd be worried for the rest of the SEC. However, its not and everyone, well most everyone, knows this.

What some of the fans here don't seem to get is Weiss is a much better OC than HC, and our offense is upgraded instantly by his presence.

Whether he stays one year or five years is anyone's guess, but I'll take fatass over dumbass all day, every day.

This move really isn't that surprising to me. He was about to get fired at KC. A great opportunity in the college ranks opens up and he takes it because he's about to be unemployed but more importantly, he loves the college game. He wants to be a HC in college again. FL is the stepping stone he's been waiting for.

For what? Making the playoffs and turning KCs offense around.

Unless he keyed the owners BMW Im not seeing where he gets fired.

I know the gators have alot of money, but I can't believe they can outbid a NFL team. He is OC with the Chiefs right?

He's still drawing a paycheck from Notre Dame, and UF is spending approximately $1.3M less a year for its current head coach compared to the last one.

Considering the worst UF offense in your lifetime put up 31 against UT, any upgrade at OC should be a cause for concern.

Reading this thread you'd think UT has the 6 game winning streak, not UF. :eek:lol:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's times like this where I'm reminded why I didn't like you at first.

It's times like this where I'm reminded why I didn't like you at first.

LW forgot to mention that we didn't exactly trot out one of our better defenses either.:)

When you got a true FR DE that has moved over to DT because you really don't have anyone else. That speaks volumes.

LW forgot to mention that we didn't exactly trot out one of our better defenses either.:)

When you got a true FR DE that has moved over to DT because you really don't have anyone else. That speaks volumes.

So we're both right. :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back