'11 GA WR Vincent Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a piss poor judgment but we haven't heard much about him since he has arrived. I seriously doubt he would get any pt at db next year. I'm not sure if he likes it up here or not. Knoxville is different from Miami. The only way I see him staying is if he gets moved back to receiver. Like I said just a gut feeling.

I know this is a piss poor judgment but we haven't heard much about him since he has arrived. I seriously doubt he would get any pt at db next year. I'm not sure if he likes it up here or not. Knoxville is different from Miami. The only way I see him staying is if he gets moved back to receiver. Like I said just a gut feeling.

ok. well with the guys coming in at db, is there a chance that he does get moved back to receiver?

Meline is not very happy in Knoxville at this point. It's not that simple though and things can certainly change. Could be just a first time being away from home thing that will heal over time, could be pissed about redshirting, or could be a legitimate issue that causes him to leave.

That said, Eric Gordon went through the same issues (as do a lot of freshmen) and nothing ever came of it. I think Meline will be fine eventually.

Is Dallas a Sigma Phi Omega? Looks like he got some kind of goofy fraternity hand signal going in his pic.

Meline is not very happy in Knoxville at this point. It's not that simple though and things can certainly change. Could be just a first time being away from home thing that will heal over time, could be pissed about redshirting, or could be a legitimate issue that causes him to leave.

That said, Eric Gordon went through the same issues (as do a lot of freshmen) and nothing ever came of it. I think Meline will be fine eventually.

Meline came in all arms and legs, looking like a project with great potential talent.

ok. well with the guys coming in at db, is there a chance that he does get moved back to receiver?

I would assume the staff will move him back to receiver. From what I have seen with Ted seems more comfortable there. With Martin Thomas Loften and Randolph coming in on top of us not losing a db for next year he wouldn't see the field. He has added some weight. Meline Williams and Dallas would be ok in my book as far as slot receivers go. I hope he sticks it out in Knoxville.

I would assume the staff will move him back to receiver. From what I have seen with Ted seems more comfortable there. With Martin Thomas Loften and Randolph coming in on top of us not losing a db for next year he wouldn't see the field. He has added some weight. Meline Williams and Dallas would be ok in my book as far as slot receivers go. I hope he sticks it out in Knoxville.

Meline's going to be moved back to offense. Also from an athletic standpoint he's as good as anyone outside of Hunter. If he gets the offense down we're good to go.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
Ok, now I say we have 2 commits who are 3* and deserve 4* bump....

Brian Randolph + Vincent Dallas

Those are the only 2 I see. People wearing orange shades my say otherwise.

Bottom line: Brian Randolph needs to be ranked above Pat Martin at DB. I don't see how that doesn't happen before the final ratings are released.

Judging by offer lists, I think Kerbyson would get the bump to 4 before anyone else that we have committed.

Ok, now I say we have 2 commits who are 3* and deserve 4* bump....

Brian Randolph + Vincent Dallas

Those are the only 2 I see. People wearing orange shades my say otherwise.

Bottom line: Brian Randolph needs to be ranked above Pat Martin at DB. I don't see how that doesn't happen before the final ratings are released.

So Bam you don't think Kerbyson needs the bump?

He's a 4 on Scout...very close on ESPN...and I think if each service (especially Rivals) would project him as a guard (which everything I've heard says he will be) then he'd be a slam dunk 4* by all services

Kerbyson has had some pedestrian camps too.

so I dont expect a bump from him, unless he's just goes out there knockin kids out on film

Rivals had him as the 7th most impressive player at FNL ahead of guys like Nick O'Leary, Cam Clear, and Nick Waisome.

That sounds like he stood out to me.

Meline will def be moved back to WR, Meline has a ridiculous wingspan. He needs to add some weight to his frame. If Meline would put in the work ethic this offseason he could be a good contributer at WR for us.

Meline will def be moved back to WR, Meline has a ridiculous wingspan. He needs to add some weight to his frame. If Meline would put in the work ethic this offseason he could be a good contributer at WR for us.

I agree. I was on the field pre-game for the UAB game and right in front of the defensive backs. Meline looked incredibly awkward working as a corner in the drills they were doing. He would be better utilized at WR. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back