Defensive tackle
Gainesville, Florida
Gainesville
Ht: 6'4"
Wt: 245 lbs
Class: 2011 (High School)

Jordan Williams - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Jordan Williams Profile

Williams wast at camp yesterday and now holds a Vol offer.

He also has offers from Oregon, Arkansas, Maryland, Vandy, USF, NC State, Iowa St, Louisville, Syracuse, Duke, etc.

He is another FL guy that has not been rated yet due to them not having a FL recruiting analyst for a while.

"I think they've got a great staff here," Williams said of what stood out the most about the Vols at this point. "It's a great campus, I like everything I've seen so far but the coaches stand out to me right now. Coach Dooley seems like a great guy and I like the things that I've learned so far."

"They have been talking to me about getting up here for camp or a visit for a couple of months now. I'm glad I was able to make it."

- Rivals

Yes his weight is up to date. He just projects as a DT and apparently has the frame to hold the weight.

J.C. Copeland was on the small side too.

Is his weight stat up to date because he is on the small side for a DT.

small side? he is at a LB weight.... guess thats why he is a 2 star....

I mean not trying to be negative but it seems like they are not going for many 4 and 5 stars...

i mean another example is that the QB that commited to us is a 3 star and is not even ranked in the top 150 and they said that he was the #1 QB on their board.... i mean he seems like a good player but that kind of worries me they where not going after a little more talented people...

I mean not trying to be negative but it seems like they are not going for many 4 and 5 stars...

i mean another example is that the QB that commited to us is a 3 star and is not even ranked in the top 150 and they said that he was the #1 QB on their board.... i mean he seems like a good player but that kind of worries me they where not going after a little more talented people...

Worley (our 3 star QB commitment) was #1 on Kiffin's board when he was here as well.

Worley was #1 on UT's board before the last staff left.

This kid is a project.

Dont think he's a project at all. you are thinking in terms of Nose Tackle but Hes ideal size/frame for 6 Technique DE in a 3-4. He's a DT now but with our planned multiple looks he would project to play a position like Dareus at Alabama

Dont think he's a project at all. you are thinking in terms of Nose Tackle but Hes ideal size/frame for 6 Technique DE in a 3-4. He's a DT now but with our planned multiple looks he would project to play a position like Dareus at Alabama

I was thinking he would be more of a DE than DT well at least until he grew into the position.

Didn't LV say that "He is another FL guy that has not been rated yet due to them not having a FL recruiting analyst for a while. "

We aren't offering just anybody. I am sure CDD, CCS, and staff see something good in this guy. Heck maybe its because he is a class act and can play football

Jordan is Trevarris Saulsberry's Teammate and he plays DE and has also played LB

Why does Rivals list this kid as a DT?

If anyone has the frame to move up to DT it's Saulsberry not Williams...at this point Williams would have to put on 40-50+lbs to make that move...

I have to say...Rivals is really disappointing this year...I hope they step it up cause they're usually the only recruiting agency I pay attention to

Why does Rivals list this kid as a DT?

If anyone has the frame to move up to DT it's Saulsberry not Williams...at this point Williams would have to put on 40-50+lbs to make that move...

I have to say...Rivals is really disappointing this year...I hope they step it up cause they're usually the only recruiting agency I pay attention to

Sometimes it's more than weight and instead frame. There are some heavier people that don't have the frame to put on 20 pounds and stay at DE. While there are some around 230 that have the frame to put it on. Marlon Walls is a name that comes to mind.

A guy on VQ is saying that one of TOS is reporting Jordan Williams is likely to commit to us this month.

Sometimes it's more than weight and instead frame. There are some heavier people that don't have the frame to put on 20 pounds and stay at DE. While there are some around 230 that have the frame to put it on. Marlon Walls is a name that comes to mind.

I understand that I just don't know how Rivals sees a guy that plays LB at 230lbs right now and decides his future is at DT...

I could see them thinking he'll be a DE (which I think he will be) but how they make the leap all the way to DT is beyond me

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back