Ohio State 0 bench points

Interesting fact. Tennessee will want to push the pace and wear their starters down and Ohio State will be trying to slow the game. UT has some size and can defend their perimeter shooting game better then most teams.

yes i think this is a very good matchup for us. JP on turner?

should we start... maze, flop, tatum, jp, chism?

lauderdale - F 6-8 260
turner - PG 6-7 210
lighty - G/F 6-5 225
diebler - G 6-6 210
buford - G 6-5 200

chism
JP
tatum
maze on diebler since there is no way flop will stay with diebler. not that diebler is quick... but flop won't want to run around and follow diebler since he's pretty good at moving without the ball to get open.
flop on buford

Last edited:
Now is the time to try to speed up the tempo a little. Attack the basket and try to get them in early foul trouble.

i really like UT in this matchup... wayne and brian should have a field day inside... the key will be how well JP can guard evan turner.... if he plays to his potential defensively i think tennessee really has a great shot

I'll say this, I as a fan am not afraid of OSU at all. And I know the players arent.

I feel like we should, and will, win this game!

GO VOLS!!!

The good thing about playing a team without a bench is that it allows Pearl to gameplan for 40 minutes of the same thing.

OSU isn't able to change lineups and offer different looks which really favors UT.

ya know... turner is a decent/good ball handler but OSU seems vunerable to a full court press. i dunno... thinking out loud here... i wouldn't say lighty, dieb and buford are good ball handlers.

they are definitely most comfortable in the half court.

The key will be shutting down Diebler. Wayne will likely be on Lighty, and I like his size advantage on him. We can't afford to leave Diebler open all day.

The media will gush all over OSU. I hope our team gets a chip. Josh Bone will be on someone part of the game. Wear em out.

OSU only plays 6 players. Need to wear them down. I think we got a good shot at them and then No Iowa or Mich St. The guys on CBS were saying it could be a all ACC or Big 10 mid west showdown. Hope its Tennessee . We can beat Ohio St.

With that small lineup I wont even worry like hell when Pearl comes off the bench because they dont really have that much of a size advantage on him at any position.

I really, REALLY, like this matchup!

We have great perimeter defense to stop that doofus from shooting the three's.

I believe we can beat the Blow-hio State Suckeye's!!!

The key will be shutting down Diebler. Wayne will likely be on Lighty, and I like his size advantage on him. We can't afford to leave Diebler open all day.

uh.... wayne on lighty is not a matchup i like. wayne on lighty is 2 fouls for chism in the first 5 minutes guaranteed.

we have to start a smaller lineup.

uh.... wayne on lighty is not a matchup i like. wayne on lighty is 2 fouls for chism in the first 5 minutes guaranteed.

we have to start a smaller lineup.

You might be right, but I like our size advantage with Wayne and Brian out there.

VN Store

Back