Sittin in school...

Stlvolman

and all my classmates are trash talkin they dont think we got a shot against SDSU.:crazy::eek:lol: Then they say by some chance if we win we will get blown out by G-town:lolabove:. Does anybody agree?

and all my classmates are trash talkin they dont think we got a shot against SDSU.:crazy::eek:lol: Then they say by some chance if we win we will get blown out by G-town:lolabove:. Does anybody agree?

I could certainly see UT losing to SDSU or getting blown out by Georgetown. Depends on which team shows up.

SDSU may be thinking the same thing about us. Let's just hope they've been listening to, and believe all of what the supposed experts think....they can just show up and beat us.

Tell your classmates to watch the UT-GT game last year. GT isn't blowing anybody out. The only people that think that are those that worship the Big East.

We beat Gerogetown last year with basically the same rosters

I could certainly see UT losing to SDSU or getting blown out by Georgetown. Depends on which team shows up.

I could also seem them upsetting GTown, and making a run in this tourney like we have not seen before

It's impossible to predict what this team will do. You would like to think they will find enough motivation to go out and prove everyone wrong, but I've learned my lesson from expecting anything from this team.

There's a wide range of expectations for this team. We should make it to the elite 8.

Agreed, and would add that the same thing could be said for almost every team in the country. Kentucky looses to South Carolina, a team that didn't even make the tourney, Kansas looses to us, Texas started by lighting the world on fire and then falls apart at the end. That I think is what makes March so magical. You never know... speculation is almost pointless, and it's all a blast to watch.

Agreed, and would add that the same thing could be said for almost every team in the country. Kentucky looses to South Carolina, a team that didn't even make the tourney, Kansas looses to us, Texas started by lighting the world on fire and then falls apart at the end. That I think is what makes March so magical. You never know... speculation is almost pointless, and it's all a blast to watch.

Not really. We all know that Collins, Wall, Cousins, James, etc will all atleast show up with their game faces on. I'm not really sure if some of our best players will be interested in this game or not. Sometimes Hopson's body language seems like he doesn't really like basketball. That he is just playing because everyone said he was tall and should go try to play.

One, I think UT was more gassed than KY with the extra game. However, I've seen too many times where some or all the team seems to lose focus. That's backed up by team comments on a loss they should have won if clicking on all cylinders, mentally and physically. I've seen too many comments from players after such losses, saying they needed to re-focus, or they needed to prepare better, and didn't play as hard as they should have, etc. A truly good team comes out focused every game, and give it's best effort every game. This group is a little bipolar.

Couple things to look for.

1) I think Georgia Tech has a real shot at beating Ohio State. I think Lawal and Favors can do work on Ohio State's bigs. If Georgia Tech's guards can find a moderate level of consistency then Ohio State is probably in trouble.

2) It would not surprise me at all to see Kentucky fall to Texas in the second round. If Texas could put it together for 1 game they could take down the Cats. Which would make my March so much better.

3) Houston's coach has won something like 9 or 10 games as a double digit seed in the NCAA tournament. They also have the nations leading scorer. I like Houston over Maryland.

4) Georgetown is a good matchup for us. They turn the ball over a lot. I will be interested to see Greg Monroe and Chism go head to head. Last year Chism was in foul trouble for most of the game and played only 12 minutes before fouling out. Tyler Smith had 21 points for us in that game. Somebody else is gonna have to score the basketball for us if that happens again. Tatum also went 5-6 from 3 against Georgetown last year. We're gonna need a little more of that from Cam if we're gonna advance in this tournament.

5) St. Mary's is capable of making the sweet 16 also IMO. Samhan is one of the best bigs in the entire tournament and if they are hitting shots they will be very tough to beat. I like they're matchup with Richmond because of Richmond's zone. St. Mary's is more than capable of busting it.

I will confess that I think the hungry vols show up and that I have them picked to make it to the final four. And yes I will be making a small animal sacrifice........

When you're having to say if about a team's guards, it's a problem.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Don't get me wrong, I think Tennessee can beat both of those teams, and I think they have the motivation now.

VN Store

Back