I'm hearing great things about Dooley

hamburgerVol

From all indications the recruits, parents, and high school coaches that have met with CDD have came away very impressed. A parent should be very pleased with CDD as a coach and as a person, especially compared to the last head coach. I think we will be able to get some commitments from some prospects that did not feel comfortable with the prior staff.

I really hope so. It still worries me that some Universities offer extra-curricular benefits for the player and family members to those that commit to their program. Some families that come from a low-income community might pick that over a program that is honest, loyal and forthright. GBO!

This is great news but where are you getting this info from?

It has been coming in from everywhere. Every story about CDD's recruiting treks is that all the recruits, parents, and high school coaches love him.

From all indications the recruits, parents, and high school coaches that have met with CDD have came away very impressed. A parent should be very pleased with CDD as a coach and as a person, especially compared to the last head coach. I think we will be able to get some commitments from some prospects that did not feel comfortable with the prior staff.

From all indications, he has been on the Job 1 week and we have gotten 1 commitment and no Defensive coordinator.

:dunno: But as long as everyone is impressed..and feels comfortable..

This is great news but where are you getting this info from?

Per Dave Hooker

Marc Berman didn’t know what to think of newly hired Tennessee coach Derek Dooley — until he met him Thursday.

“I think the visit went well,” said Berman, who is the coach at Miami Hialeah High School. “I was very impressed with coach Dooley.”

Berman said he was particularly impressed with Dooley’s plan to rebuild UT’s football program. That plan involves recruiting two Hialeah prospects who Dooley met: defensive linemen Corey Lemonier and Calvin Smith.

“Now, it’s a matter of what my kids think,” Berman said.

Smith, who was committed to UT before the Vols’ latest coaching change, seems more likely to end up at UT than Lemonier.

“I would think so,” Berman said.

Smith, who is 6-4 and 265 pounds, is considering Alabama, where he is scheduled to visit this weekend, North Carolina, Florida State and Illinois.

Lemonier is a 6-5, 225-pound, defensive end with room to grow. He said this month that he is down to UT, Florida State and Auburn.

While the two could end up at the same school, Lemonier said playing together in college isn’t a strong factor in their recruitment.

yep the recruits love him so much they are lining up to sign papers right now. wait we have 15 commits again.

This guy has been here 7 days what do we expect? IM sure he is doing everything he can to resolve all the issues just give him time. My thoughts are that he is surrounding himself with people he respects and trusts. Not the ones only in it for a paycheck. I hope these coaches are hungry for a chance to prove what they can do and put us back on top. Maybe just wishfull thinking ?

What other coaches is he looking at to add to the staff

I would guess it will be more of young assistants from smaller programs wanting a shot I see this being CDD style. Finding tallent in smaller programs that might be overlooked.Just a idea could be wrong.

What other coaches is he looking at to add to the staff

The DC from the 0-16 Detroit Lions of 2008 is a strong possibility. This staff keeps getting better and better a no name coach hired today and now this potential clown.

Don't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy and secure inside that these coaches are what is being considered for your beloved Vols.

The DC from the 0-16 Detroit Lions of 2008 is a strong possibility. This staff keeps getting better and better a no name coach hired today and now this potential clown.

Don't it make you feel all warm and fuzzy and secure inside that these coaches are what is being considered for your beloved Vols.

i have thought about this, but the whiskey is making me all warm and fuzzy:)

From all indications, he has been on the Job 1 week and we have gotten 1 commitment and no Defensive coordinator.

:dunno: But as long as everyone is impressed..and feels comfortable..

damn man, give him a chance...he's been recruiting and trying to replace coaches at the same time...one week?...go VOLS!

My contacts tell me that Dooley is JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED....Michael Jackson's Doctor. Just what we need to replace Fulmer and his 5-7 record....a coach no one's ever heard of from a much smaller school in the WAC, who's record THIS YEAR was even worse (4-8). I'm feeling it...the Big Orange pride! Can you guys feel it?

Time out...grab a swig of Kool-Aid, and your Pom-Poms...and let's sing it! All together now! "Dooley-Dooley...he's our man. If we can't believe it, no one can!"

Tampa bay wont let berry go they announced that today and i read today that chuck smith asst. Coach from the jets that used to play at ut and the vikings dl coach i much rather have the vikings dline coach and who we getting for rb coach todd mcnair from usc is out there i know everyone iin volnation hates usc but this guy can recruit

I see some of us have been spoiled by the "all-star" coaching staff mentality. Just give these coaches a chance, whether you like the hires or not. If they want to be a part of our Big Orange family, then I say welcome them, support them, and shut the hell up lol.

I wouldn't mind Gunther Cunningham. 40 years of coaching experience.

yep the recruits love him so much they are lining up to sign papers right now. wait we have 15 commits again.
Exactly...I heard that there was a riot in Miami over recruits fighting amongst themselves to be the 1st guy to sign papers for Coach Hinshaw. This wasn't a homerun. It was a foul ball that caught the umpire in the cods.

Tampa bay wont let berry go they announced that today and i read today that chuck smith asst. Coach from the jets that used to play at ut and the vikings dl coach i much rather have the vikings dline coach and who we getting for rb coach todd mcnair from usc is out there i know everyone iin volnation hates usc but this guy can recruit

that right there is one heck of a single thought

Damn man, take a breath...punctuation is your friend.

Exactly...I heard that there was a riot in Miami over recruits fighting amongst themselves to be the 1st guy to sign papers for Coach Hinshaw. This wasn't a homerun. It was a foul ball that caught the umpire in the cods.

:disappointed: Forgot to take your happy pills again didn't you TENN?

What do you expect? The way some of you "fans" are acting, it's no wonder.

Dooley has been given a very difficult situation. Do you think you could step into a kids living room and convince him to sign with your university in 2 weeks after only just meeting him? While doing this you still need to hire a staff also. Don't forget that most job changes usually do not occur this close to signing day. Most hot assistants have already made their moves.

VN Store

Back