'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

Wow, I just saw that we didn't get Rettig. If we don't get Scroggins im going to set my avatar as Tim Tebow untill we finally get a qb to commit to us. Trust me no one wants to see that.....

Wow, I just saw that we didn't get Rettig. If we don't get Scroggins im going to set my avatar as Tim Tebow untill we finally get a qb to commit to us. Trust me no one wants to see that.....

You will attract the announcers from CBS and ESPN. They will sit and stare and discuss how awesome it is you like to touch little boys p***'s in a foreign country. :)

What's the deal with all of these west coast QB's?

Is there not a decent QB for our new scheme that lives east of the Mississippi?

What's the deal with all of these west coast QB's?

Is there not a decent QB for our new scheme that lives east of the Mississippi?

There is Baty and Mason. I don't think coaches are to hot on them. They have been reviewing them for awhile and have not offered. We will see if that changes.

Last edited:
There is only a few people who are fascinated. Most think if we take him we struck out on a lot of guys. Although, I will say he is decent. Not going to tear down walls. His potential is limited but he seems smart and well schooled.

Other then that it is the BJ Coleman affect. He is close and these other guys are far away. He is a UGA fan btw guys. If they offer he will gladly go ride their bench for 4 years.

Grayson is a Vol fan even if he is far away. He grew up watching Peyton. I can see the imitation when he throws. But he is a different kind of Athlete then Peyton.

Last edited:
UGA wont offer him either. No chance. I dont even really see him as an SEC level prospect even at a school like Vandy or Ole Miss.

There is only a few people who are fascinated. Most think if we take him we struck out on a lot of guys. Although, I will say he is decent. Not going to tear down walls. His potential is limited but he seems smart and well schooled.

Other then that it is the BJ Coleman affect. He is close and these other guys are far away. He is a UGA fan btw guys. If they offer he will gladly go ride their bench for 4 years.

Grayson is a Vol fan even if he is far away. He grew up watching Peyton. I can see the imitation when he throws. But he is a different kind of Athlete then Peyton.

I would take about any QB with Peyton's work ethic right now.

This is the "sleeper" QB prospect that intrigues me more than anyone because he has a very good combination of skills. He is an accurate passer, he has good height and has very good speed and athleticism for a QB. Arm Strength is a question but he has a very nice set of skills.

I'd take this kid over Mason any day of the week, twice on Saturdays. I don't understand why we don't offer him to be a no. 2.

This is the "sleeper" QB prospect that intrigues me more than anyone because he has a very good combination of skills. He is an accurate passer, he has good height and has very good speed and athleticism for a QB. Arm Strength is a question but he has a very nice set of skills.

So, you like him better than Manley, Bray, etc.?

Do you like him better than Rettig?

I ask because I know next to nothing about evaluating prospects.

Of all the kids that have been mentioned and discussed here, his highlights impress me least.

I'm sure he's a good kid and all that but if you are taking Lamaison/Newton you don't need this kid occupying a scholarship that can be used next year.

So, you like him better than Manley, Bray, etc.?

Do you like him better than Rettig?

I ask because I know next to nothing about evaluating prospects.

My main concerns about Grayson are his arm strength and his throwing motion. His mechanics need work for sure but that is true for most high school QB's. I like his athleticism a lot and he is an accurate passer.

From what I've seen up to this point I probably do like him better than the 3 other QB's you mentioned.

Keep in mind though this class for QB's is really bad. The only elite QB prospect is Heaps. The others out there are all pretty average this year.

I watched the highlight films, and I have mixed feelings about it. I really don't see the accuracy that some of ya'll are bragging about. Several of the balls were underthrown and his receivers made good grabs. I like his athleticism, but I think he is very raw as a passer. He has a strange throwing motion where it looks like he is pushing the ball. He does gets the ball out quick or makes a play with his feet. I say it's a gamble.

He looks nervous in the pocket to me... and that's against weak HS competition. Arm strength is a major, major issue.

I watched the highlight films, and I have mixed feelings about it. I really don't see the accuracy that some of ya'll are bragging about. Several of the balls were underthrown and his receivers made good grabs. I like his athleticism, but I think he is very raw as a passer. He has a strange throwing motion where it looks like he is pushing the ball. He does gets the ball out quick or makes a play with his feet. I say it's a gamble.

Yes he underthrew passes but they were all over 30 yards. He was right on on any pass I saw under thirty with plenty of muscle. I don't know about whether he pushes or not but I know you don't either J Love so I feel better about it. :p

Drinks this week and open watching?

He looks nervous in the pocket to me... and that's against weak HS competition. Arm strength is a major, major issue.

His pass protection is awful you would be nervous too. He has 2-3 sec pockets. His Center is awful I watched some game highlights on you tube. The center nails him in his ankles or over his head like every game. Arm is not major major weakness. He has been evaluated at several camps all said he had good arm strength. And he was thowing with the likes of Manley and Nottingham.
He throws some zip passes around 20 yards in that film. I agree that over 30 he is way behind a Scroggins or Heap.

His team is not that good. He makes them good.

The wookie with the kippah sure seems to be sold on this guy.

I nominated myself official Grayson PR guy. I am by no means saying in 2010 he is as ready as Scroggins. Scroggins is clearly ahead of him. You do not have to be an "internet evaluater" to see that:p Grayson might be the smartest and most athletic QB in this class though.

And you don't want to see what Jewish Wookies do when you make them angry.:shades:

His pass protection is awful you would be nervous too. He has 2-3 sec pockets.
A 3 second pocket is a great pocket in the SEC... and he's not playing against SEC DL's or DB's.

Arm is not major major weakness. He has been evaluated at several camps all said he had good arm strength.
Maybe he's improved significantly but it looks weak on the film he's posted as highlights.

His team is not that good. He makes them good.

He doesn't play in a very strong area for football. Washington and Oregon as wholes don't play very good football. Even if he were a one man team, he should look better than that. Sometime he takes off before there's any pressure at all.

Seems like Crompton was widely condemned last year for not hanging in the pocket, right?

VN Store

Back