'10 WA QB Garrett Grayson

Yet another guy that could easily tear it up in the SEC with the right coaching, which Im thinking we have. Expect about 10 more to come out of the woods in their senior year.

No doubt about it, but how much of evaluating turns out to be luck when it comes to getting that really special player? Look how many NFL scouts and GMs swing and miss when drafting QBs.

thats why there is no reason to get our panties in a wad in July about a '10 qb.

Al Davis thinks the same way, except when Gruden convinced him to take chance on Gannon, which is the only time the Raiders have been good in forever. Shuler, Leaf, Russell, George all cannons not enough touch or bright enough. Rettig's arm just get him consideration if the coaches think he is actually coachable a bright guy etc he is worth a shot but arm strength is just one factor like any other. Favre was good cuz of arm and mobility and heart. Manning is the ultimate student of the game with a good arm. But some like Gannon or Brees have other abilitied like an ability to throw a ball that is very catchable and right on target hitting guys in stride while moving around from different arm angles that makes them great. Sorry for the rant just not a fan of the get the guy with the cannon philosophy.

rant on my friend i couldnt have said it better myself, i mean hell just to narrow it down leaf probley had a better arm than manning coming out of school, leaf is a convicted fellon and manning is a MVP and has a superbowl ring, well leaf could have one to if the manning brothers invite him to any partys LOL.

Amen....and MOST inportant...they have WATCHED the kids play in person, not a highlight tape.

Its fun to talk about how good some kid is from Tim-buc-two, but how many on this site have ever seen Scroggins, rettig, Grayson, ect...play in a game???

BTW...I like the fact the kid wants to play for UT.....not just where he can play the quickest.

Tim-buc-two? Seriously?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I heard this guy could play some football and he wants to be a volunteer. Anyone heard something new?

Im with you on this one Jewbaccah 100%. The kid is just dying to play for UT. I wish he were getting more attention.

Rettig
Grayson
Newton

Get those 3 enrolled and Id worship the ground Kiffin walks on.

Why does evryone want Newton. He is a spread QB and a thief. You must be bad to get kicked from UF. Half their team is doing time but still play. We have lamison coming in and then 2 '10 QB's and probably 2 '11 QB's no need to grab him.

I dont know about everyone else, but for me its simple, because the kid is a stud. He is a hellva football player. He can throw a mile, is accurate and if the play breaks down, can make something happen with this feet.

Why does evryone want Newton. He is a spread QB and a thief. You must be bad to get kicked from UF. Half their team is doing time but still play. We have lamison coming in and then 2 '10 QB's and probably 2 '11 QB's no need to grab him.

cause he has a lot of potential and getting a second chance at something big will sometimes change people for the best

This is not the type of QB that could lead us to championships....

Because....

I mean I think he is certainly not a start in 2010 guy but who knows even of that really. He is basically a wild card. Has physical tools but played against very weak competition and really has a lot to learn on a higher level. But as far as accuracy and footwork he is an A+ athlete as QB. He needs to learn a lot though I agree.

I am not saying he is as ready or close to as ready as Scroggins but no one knows how this kid would develop with our coaches.

For those who are not aware Grayson has been to camps and has already out performed the likes of Connor Wood(UT-austin), Manley, Nottingham, and Franklin. So if you are looking at scout or rivals and saying hey he is not ranked it is because he plays in Vancouver, WA.

FWIW, even Idaho didn't offer the kid and they are the ultimate laughing stock of the D1 Northwest schools.

FWIW, even Idaho didn't offer the kid and they are the ultimate laughing stock of the D1 Northwest schools.

He has no interest in Idaho. Has Idaho offered Rettig or Scroggins? He has said he wants to play in the SEC. He has said specifically us. But he is talking to other teams. He may end up at a different school maybe a Pac-10 or other. But he would not even return Idaho's phone calls thanks though for being so positive.:eek:k:

VN Store

Back