Recruiting Football Talk VII

Is anyone else that lives in Georgia having to deal with these ridiculous USPS issues from their new distribution center in Palmetto? I've got a really valuable package that has been stuck there since Monday...hasn't even been scanned in but the seller put an airtag in the box, so we know it's there. I keep thinking about going down there to get it, but I don't want to make a 1.5 hour drive just to be turned away.

Yes. Palmetto is a problem. Most packages go there to be lost forever. . . or at least for 10 days. . .

I know this because I had a package inexplicably routed through there. Luckily, I got mine after only 3-4 days delay. Most people I read about had to wait weeks or just completely lost theirs. Some packages were sent to different countries and some were sent back to their origin location to start the shipment route all over again.

It is wild how many bad stories come out of that place. Hopefully yours goes through smoothly.
Screenshot_20240506_181430_eBay.jpg
My package went from Rochester, NY to Palmetto, GA!?! 🧐

I'm no geographical expert but I'm pretty sure Knoxville is in-between those 2.

View attachment 639063
My package went from Rochester, NY to Palmetto, GA!?! 🧐

I'm no geographical expert but I'm pretty sure Knoxville is in-between those 2.
At least it has escaped that hell-hole. My guitar finally got here today after hanging out in Palmetto for a week. Thankfully it was packed like a tank and is in a carbon fiber flight case.

If I am reading this correctly, it didn’t age well since UT baseball is #1. But with three (3) negatives in the statement…who really knows what you said/meant?

View attachment 639064
He was trying to be a smart ass because I said losing a midweek game to a 15-27 Lipscomb will keep Tennessee from being ranked #1 today.

I was wrong, isn't like that he hasn't been wrong before.

Everyone can't be perfect like Marco.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoVols15
At least it has escaped that hell-hole. My guitar finally got here today after hanging out in Palmetto for a week. Thankfully it was packed like a tank and is in a carbon fiber flight case.
That's great.

I saw "Palmetto" on the tracking information and thought, "where have I heard that before?".
Then it hit me......😳

He was trying to be a smart ass because I said losing a midweek game to a 15-27 Lipscomb could keep Tennessee from being ranked #1 today.

I was wrong, isn't like that he hasn't been wrong before.

Everyone can't be perfect like Marco.
No, no...you didn't say "could"...

Lipscomb had a record of 15-27 and beat Tennessee in Knoxville, that's what will keep Vols from being #1 .

Reactions: MarcoVol
Yes. Palmetto is a problem. Most packages go there to be lost forever. . . or at least for 10 days. . .

I know this because I had a package inexplicably routed through there. Luckily, I got mine after only 3-4 days delay. Most people I read about had to wait weeks or just completely lost theirs. Some packages were sent to different countries and some were sent back to their origin location to start the shipment route all over again.

It is wild how many bad stories come out of that place. Hopefully yours goes through smoothly.
IMG_5894.jpeg

Reactions: knoxvol52
Are they going to pull mcdoubles out of their pants now?
This seems to me like an idea from the NCAA designed to sabotage NIL and alienate fans, so they can regain control, impose caps, and then reinstitute their criminal practice of deciding which teams to permit to cheat with impunity and which others to assail.

Did I not just say I was wrong damn it to hell.

I changed the word in post so I admitted my wrong, like I said nobody and I mean nobody is always right or wrong.
I think you’re taking it too serious brother. I may be wrong, but it seems like they were just busting your chops a little bit.

This seems to me like an idea from the NCAA designed to sabotage NIL and alienate fans, so they can regain control, impose caps, and then reinstitute their criminal practice of deciding which teams to permit to cheat with impunity and which others to assail.
IMG_3581.gif
View from the NCAA office when they made that decision

Just to get ready for football this fall, I just pulled up the Alabama radio call of our 22 game in Neyland!

I strongly urge you to pull it up. I went to the part where we tied it up at 49 and listened and watched their guys in the booth bitch and moan about that pass interference call!
That Barret guy, I think he was a center a few years back was just sick when Bru hauled in that catch with 2 seconds left!

Highly recommend watching!

VN Store

Back