1km 5k goal pace
Rest

1km(optional) 🤷🏾‍♂️ pace

10 minute Cool down (easy pace)

Here is how it looked for me:

IMG_2243.jpeg

IMG_2241.png

IMG_2242.png

I tacked on an extra mile of cooldown, but I think this would be a 4-5.5 mile workout.

I like to do interval workouts once a week. This was fun because it forces you to keep something in reserve for each subsequent push.

@Orangeslice13

This one you might enjoy trying. If you want to mix it up a little:

10 minute warmup (easy pace)

1km/.62mi :40 per mile slower than 5k pace
2 min rest(jog or walk)

1km :30 slower than 5k pace
Rest

1km :20 slower than 5k pace
Rest

1km :10 slower than 5k pace
Rest

1km 5k goal pace
Rest

1km(optional) 🤷🏾‍♂️ pace

10 minute Cool down (easy pace)

Here is how it looked for me:

View attachment 636420

View attachment 636421

View attachment 636422

I tacked on an extra mile of cooldown, but I think this would be a 4-5.5 mile workout.

I like to do interval workouts once a week. This was fun because it forces you to keep something in reserve for each subsequent push.
I will absolutely give that a shot soon.
Might have to upgrade my app

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
5k race this morning. Set a PR by 16 seconds. I kind of hate 5ks. I felt like I was bouncing off the rev limiter after .75 miles in. I think my favorite distance is half marathon. You can settle into a rhythm, get a strategy going and then make push.

I love racing.

View attachment 637250View attachment 637251
I think a 5K is the only race I've ever won lol.

A half is probably my favorite distance. Hell, I've ran 15-20ish.

Reactions: VolNExile
I think a 5K is the only race I've ever won lol.

A half is probably my favorite distance. Hell, I've ran 15-20ish.

I really like marathon distance. Only downside is if you want to train for a particular time, it’s a serious endeavor.

I’d like to do a trail 50k at some point.

I really like marathon distance. Only downside is if you want to train for a particular time, it’s a serious endeavor.

I’d like to do a trail 50k at some point.
Any shoes you would recommend? I’m cycling through different pairs based on the days workout but always on the look to be convinced to try others.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I’ve picked up running some this year. Most I’ve done is 8 miles, but my knee starts hurting pretty good around mile 2-3. Been taking a break to see if some rest heals it and have added some stretching, but any tips from the experienced runners?

Reactions: Hunter10139
I’ve picked up running some this year. Most I’ve done is 8 miles, but my knee starts hurting pretty good around mile 2-3. Been taking a break to see if some rest heals it and have added some stretching, but any tips from the experienced runners?
Yup
Have your feet checked and see which shoes work best for you. Hokas work best for me. But that might not be best for you. Get the best possible shoe it makes a huge difference.
2nd find a sports medicine clinic that will teach you an old man running technique. The stride is shorter and it’s more of a shuffling motion and way more efficient. I’m 54 with a knee surgery from the 90s and I run 5 miles 2-3 times a week pain free.

Yup
Have your feet checked and see which shoes work best for you. Hokas work best for me. But that might not be best for you. Get the best possible shoe it makes a huge difference.
2nd find a sports medicine clinic that will teach you an old man running technique. The stride is shorter and it’s more of a shuffling motion and way more efficient. I’m 54 with a knee surgery from the 90s and I run 5 miles 2-3 times a week pain free.
Ditto. The right shoes are so important. A good running store will take care of you. Stretch and massage. Light strength training and/or PT can be beneficial too.

VN Store

Back