2024 Presidential Race

"During his April 25 interview with The Wall Street Journal, Mr. Dimon was asked for his thoughts on whether “Bidenomics” was working.

“Partially,” he replied. “When you spend that kind of money, you’re going to have growth,” he continued, adding that he supports some of the administration’s moves on industrial policy and infrastructure.

However, he said that many Americans might not experience the benefits, while cautioning that massive government spending is inflationary.

In a similar vein, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) recently sounded the alarm on the Biden administration’s high deficit spending, warning that America’s ballooning public debt threaten to stoke inflation and even trigger financial chaos.
Analysts at the University of Pennsylvania estimate that when America’s debt-to-GDP ratio hits around 200 percent, it will hit the point of no return—when no amount of future tax increases or spending cuts could prevent the government from defaulting on its debt."

Both parties driving the bus over the cliff. We need a president that has the cojones to veto crap bills even if their party authored them.

Save us Rand Paul.
Wall Street, CBO, others sounding the alarm on debt and deficits, but I’ve been assured by some here the debt is in no way a problem. The worker bees just need to work more to have more money to keep their head above water. The fact the purchasing power of the dollar has been eviscerated by 40% in a short twenty years is irrelevant.

Considering your pet peeves posted a while back, you ought to be president and CEO of the grumpy old man club.

You mean my post about the a-holes not pulling forward in the drive-thru when I'm three feet from the order board?

Better not be you...

Reactions: McDad
Great post. You left out a couple. Trump reduced regulations on business and understands providing a more friendly environment to operate. The tax cuts also were also good for the economy. Lowered the cost of capital since higher income earners received a cut as well as lower income earners. Lower income earners spent their cuts stimulating growth and higher earners invested theirs lowering the cost of capital. government benefited with increased revenue and less welfare expenditures, lower borrowing costs etc. He also implemented policies to control the border. Mainly through seeking cooperation from countries in which the illegals were coming. His foreign policy was good as well. There was peace in Ukraine and in the Middle East. Inflation was almost zero due to lowered energy costs and Americans were experiencing their first breath of fresh air economically in decades. The country will be much better off with him in the White House. Nothing genius about any of this. Just common sense which seems to be lacking in this country today.

I agree but I wasn't trying to list all of his accomplishments. I was sharing some distortions with reality.

Still attacking Lincoln huh.

Yet the Habeas Corpus Suspension Act was passed by both the House and Senate. So, no doubt you just hate the government in general.

You might want to consider the *why* here. There was ample compelling reason to do this (as well as the declaration of martial law). The end result was our union was saved and the South's cessation stamped out and slavery ultimately abolished. If you dislike these consequences, it speaks volumes about the real origin of your animus towards Lincoln and Congress.
Even if you were right…

You’re saying the ends justify the means.

[Tyranny nods in approval]

Dude if the truth and you were in the same room you would have to leave.

Lincoln suspended Habeas Corpus in Maryland April 1861 then expanded it all the way into NY, the HC suspension act wasn't passed until April 1863. When it was passed it was passed as an indemnity bill in order to indemnify Lincoln from prosecution.

Still irks you that the South lost, I see.

When it comes to Lincoln's place in history, I think I'll side with the vast number of historians who rank Lincoln as one of the finest presidents ever. Much like Trump, Lincoln seems (to still) evoke divisive tribalism. I'll give you that much.

But Lincoln's legacy remains gold.

an economics major who thinks 20% and growing of gov revenue to be used to pay interest is sustainable.

Numbers are important.

6.8% of our budget covered debt payment in the most recent fiscal year, not 20%.

You got debt? Ever had debt? Had a mortgage?

What was your ratio of debt to salary? Betcha is was 3:1+

And if the decisions that *you* made were logical, how is it that the decision that our government made were not? Our nation's debt ratio is hovering around 1.1:1 - far less than the average American's household debt.

Do you even understand how running a national debt actually improves our standard of living as citizens?

Last edited:
Numbers are important.

6.8% of our budget covered debt payment in the most recent fiscal year, not 20%.

What was your ratio of debt to salary? Betcha is was 300%+
my bad..I thought US spending was 5T last year, not 6T..smdh
Interest payments crossed $1T last year.

No I got zero debt and yes had a mortgage before and it is an investment with applied principle and ownership, not throwing money down the toilet like the Feds. And when I was professionally working I was never close to 300 debt ratio even with a mortgage.

You pay 20k a year in CC interest?

Reactions: whodeycin85
my bad..I thought US spending was 5T last year, not 6T..smdh
Interest payments crossed $1T last year.

No I got zero debt and yes had a mortgage before and it is an investment with applied principle and ownership, not throwing money down the toilet like the Feds. And when I was professionally working I was never close to 300 debt ratio even with a mortgage.

You pay 20k a year in CC interest?

It's clear you have no clue how things work. And if you never approached a 3:1 debt ratio, you probably lived an entitled life or drove a beat-up '73 Chevy Nova most of your life.

For simplicity's sake, go ahead and explain how our current national debt level is bad. Make it simple and straight forward, if you would please.

Still irks you that the South lost, I see.

When it comes to Lincoln's place in history, I think I'll side with the vast number of historians who rank Lincoln as one of the finest presidents ever. Much like Trump, Lincoln seems (to still) evoke divisive tribalism. I'll give you that much.

But Lincoln's legacy remains gold.

As usual you are wrong again. I've stated several times that we are better off that the union won and the country was reunified, it's terrible that Lincoln forced the country to split in the first place. It's terrible how Lincoln conducted the war and treated the people who remained in the union during the war. Only those who are ignorant of history, Lincoln and the lasting damage he did to this country praise him for his actions.

The argument about historians ranking Lincoln one of the finest presidents is lazy. Who are these "historians" what are their qualifications and backgrounds? All anyone capable of reading has to do is research his history and actions and it's apparent that Lincoln was a tyrant who pushed the country into war and started the out of control expansion of the federal government.

As usual you are wrong again. I've stated several times that we are better off that the union won and the country was reunified, it's terrible that Lincoln forced the country to split in the first place. It's terrible how Lincoln conducted the war and treated the people who remained in the union during the war. Only those who are ignorant of history, Lincoln and the lasting damage he did to this country praise him for his actions.
Or only those who disagree with you. Broad statements come back to eat pork.

Numbers are important.

What was your ratio of debt to salary? Betcha is was 3:1+

And if the decisions that *you* made were logical, how is it that the decision that our government made were not? Our nation's debt ratio is hovering around 1.1:1 - far less than the average American's household debt.

Do you even understand how running a national debt actually improves our standard of living as citizens?

Good grief, you and your problem with the truth.

10% of the fiscal year 2023 budget covers the interest payments on our existing/past debt. It does nothing to pay on the principle all the while we borrowed 1.5 trillion to cover the budget. So not only are we not curing any of the principle we are adding trillions to the debt we owe.

It's moronic to compare personal debt to the country's debt since an individual cannot simply print money to cover interest payments and basic spending. Please tell us what happens to individuals who never pay down principle and continue to borrow to meet the interest on their current debt?

Good grief, you and your problem with the truth.

10% of the fiscal year 2023 budget covers the interest payments on our existing/past debt. It does nothing to pay on the principle all the while we borrowed 1.5 trillion to cover the budget. So not only are we not curing any of the principle we are adding trillions to the debt we owe.

It's moronic to compare personal debt to the country's debt since an individual cannot simply print money to cover interest payments and basic spending. Please tell us what happens to individuals who never pay down principle and continue to borrow to meet the interest on their current debt?
They get that debt forgiven by a senile vote buyer?

Or only those who disagree with you. Broad statements come back to eat pork.

No, it's pretty clear one has to be a means justifies the end person and ignorant to consider Lincoln a good president. Or just brainwashed.

No, it's pretty clear one has to be a means justifies the end person and ignorant to consider Lincoln a good president. Or just brainwashed.
That's an ungodly load of people, Hog, you sure your right in the face of this.............?

That's an ungodly load of people, Hog, you sure your right in the face of this.............?

How does this refute my post?

LOL, President Biden enters the rankings at #14

Reactions: Carl Pickens

VN Store

Back