Recruiting Football Talk VII

I used to think of Al Wilson as Alvin Mack. "Open up a can of kick ass and kill 'em all, let the paramedics sort 'em out."
That was one of my favorite tennessee games ever…. I was part of the crowd for the movie the program(shot during Tennessee and South Carolina game)…. I caught a field goal that day…. We wearing Fire Majors shirts and had Tennessee fans taking pics with us… We were also acknowledged by Andy Mccullough and other vols as they left the field. It sucks we lost that day. I feel slightly guilty about the fire Majors shirts… He was a great Tennessee Vol!

Have him see an Orthopedic Sports Medicine doc. May have cam impingement of the hip. He could also have a hip labral tear. Iliopsoas bursitis or tendinitis.

First, take him to a PT, make sure hip adductors are equally flexible to the opposite side and with full range of motion.
Same thing for hip abductors, hamstrings and especially the Iliopsoas muscle. With a big injury to a muscle, significant muscle tightness can cause subsequent pain and disfunction.

Hopefully this will help.
Thank you…. I appreciate your help!

Sad thing is, I think he was serious when he said it. He also said Deion is gonna be UFs next coach and he would absolutely kill it in recruiting.
I hope this is true. Deion will absolutely kill FU. He is a fraud, the equivalent of an infomercial diet pill. The only thing better would be Deion at Alabubba, that would be so great.

What’s the thoughts on the Lady Vol transfers?
Syracuse and Miami girls are forwards and both big-time rebounders. The Miami transfer Spearman was a top-30 recruit out of high school and second-highest rated player from GA behind FlauJae (sp?) Johnson (LSU). She was All-ACC freshman 2 years ago. Syracuse transfer Latham was #72 in last year's class and this year was All-ACC freshman team.

That makes our forward group Hollingshead (6'5"), Latham (6'2"), and Spearman (6'4"). They can run the court and rebound back out to our shooters on the offensive end. Spearman also has a knack for blocking shots.

Yeah, Norm from Cheers could hit that. Baseball is a game for non-athletes who want to stand around and spit. Seriously if people think that it's no big deal could just one time face major league pitching, just stand there, they would soil themselves.
I dont think we'd soil ourselves. Undoubtedly its one of the most difficult things to do consistently in sport. Granted someone who throws 90+ can do something most people cannot, and it DOES take a great deal of mechanics to do so. Hitting it is in same vein. Saying an MLB athlete is even near the same level athlete as an Olympian, soccerx player, or triathlete - those things are not in same realm.

Also hitting a baseball isnt akin to throwing a javelin, pole vailting, or even doing a gymnastics routine. Bartolo Colon and Fernando Valenzuela wept.

I dont think we'd soil ourselves. Undoubtedly its one of the most difficult things to do consistently in sport. Granted someone who throws 90+ can do something most people cannot, and it DOES take a great deal of mechanics to do so. Hitting it is in same vein. Saying an MLB athlete is even near the same level athlete as an Olympian, soccerx player, or triathlete - those things are not in same realm.

Also hitting a baseball isnt akin to throwing a javelin, pole vailting, or even doing a gymnastics routine. Bartolo Colon and Fernando Valenzuela wept.
You have 100ms, or the blink of an eye’s worth of time, to decide to swing or take.

On top of that it’s a round object trying to hit another round object moving at 85-100mph.

It’s the hardest thing to do in sports and even scientific research says so.

The only way that this is accurate is if CJH told them that he would spot the other coaches 10 places to make it fair. And he’s still better than most of the top 6 on this list.

How far up the list will he climb after this season?

15-0🤠
Yeah, I don't get it. Everyone was saying it would be 5 years before becoming a bowl eligible team on a consistent basis. What he has done is miraculous. Lightyears ahead of most on that list. Imo

Also I see Rory is going back to the PGA board. I never believed he would go to liv..

No, you're right. Baseball players are the bottom feeders of the athletic world. Baseball players are fat, drunken slobs who drive straight piped trucks.
Soccer players and olympians are peak of fitness elite athletes, who eat only organic non GMO food, pick up after themselves, and drive at worst, hybribs.
And nobody cares about or watches them (except limp wristed Euros and starving pygmies in New Guinea). Rugby now that's a good game.

You have 100ms, or the blink of an eye’s worth of time, to decide to swing or take.

On top of that it’s a round object trying to hit another round object moving at 85-100mph.

It’s the hardest thing to do in sports and even scientific research says so.
love that science gets used when it's beneficial and refuted when it fits an agenda. i agree it's difficult. but it isnt same as any of those other things. nor are they the same thing.

No, you're right. Baseball players are the bottom feeders of the athletic world. Baseball players are fat, drunken slobs who drive straight piped trucks.
Soccer players and olympians are peak of fitness elite athletes, who eat only organic non GMO food, pick up after themselves, and drive at worst, hybribs.
And nobody cares about or watches them (except limp wristed Euros and starving pygmies in New Guinea). Rugby now that's a good game.
IMG_6391.gif

What is your case? That "Science" is a catch-all category that isn't to be questioned? As opposed to the definition of "science", which is to always question and refute if possible, so that "science" can be generally useful...?

I mean, seriously. Science is the process of questioning science to improve science. Science is a collection of claims, each of which can and should be tested and judged. It's not a monolithic idol.

VN Store

Back