2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Agree to disagree. I don’t see much foundation to build on with him as a prospect. Too limited in his potential imo.

I know he’s a freshman but personally I don’t think he would ever crack the rotation at Tennessee. I could be wrong. But that’s just my evaluation/opinion. Like I said hard pass for me.
In fairness aren’t most guys 10-13 on the bench typically guys who “MAYBE” have a <50% chance to crack a rotation? When comparing freshman years where does Cade just stand out head and shoulders above Tucker?

Dubar’s release/shot looks very Lonzo/Melo Ball like.

But in some clips it looks like he starts his motion with the ball on the left side of his body then everything after looks normal.

Chaz’s shot kinda reminds me of JJJ’s
I think that can be fixed and Barnes is known as a shot doctor. Eliminating the extra movement at the beginning is easy if what follows is sound. And it is.

We will have to agree to disagree on that one. 3pt shooters who don't play defense or rebound are much more abundant than athletic 7 footers with the potential to develop into a dominant big man.
Fair enough. The hit rate on those 7-footers with no other known D1 offers is quite low. Why is he such a secret? I'm fine if we take him. I just have no expectations that he will ever play meaningful minutes, and most likely, he transfers our within two years if history is any indicator.

Fair enough. The hit rate on those 7-footers with no other known D1 offers is quite low. Why is he such a secret? I'm fine if we take him. I just have no expectations that he will ever play meaningful minutes, and most likely, he transfers our within two years if history is any indicator.
I shared some further info on him in the 2024 thread…Jamie Shaw of On3 has been pumping him for awhile, had him in his Top 150 rankings at one point also, his stats are much better than Tamba’s were. Never a guarantee and likely would be, but just reason to think he’s probably further along, has more potential than Tamba.

I shared some further info on him in the 2024 thread…Jamie Shaw of On3 has been pumping him for awhile, had him in his Top 150 rankings at one point also, his stats are much better than Tamba’s were. Never a guarantee and likely would be, but just reason to think he’s probably further along, has more potential than Tamba.
Good to know. Like I said, I'm not opposed to him as a lottery ticket. And I wouldn't hold a scholarship, either, so it's a moot point on a decision between him and Anderson if left to me. Holding scholarships isn't a great move anymore with kids essentially operating on one year deals.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
In fairness aren’t most guys 10-13 on the bench typically guys who “MAYBE” have a <50% chance to crack a rotation? When comparing freshman years where does Cade just stand out head and shoulders above Tucker?
Yes because Cade can rebound, shoot off the dribble, and has some meat on his bones. He has a better body to work with. Anderson just doesn’t have the body or skills to be in the same category imo.

Also what Cade did at Belmont as freshman statistically was more impressive imo than what Anderson did at Central Arkansas. A-Sun is a much worse conference.

I get what you are saying, but I’d rather take a guy like Mabar who at least you know has the body and the athleticism to compete in the SEC.

Reactions: Imvolin423
Carolina believes Tyson is locked up and they’re just awaiting greenlight from admissions to go public.

Hubert also flew into Knoxville to meet with Aidoo but his family is prioritizing NIL money and Baylor and Arkansas are splashing the cash.

Yes because Cade can rebound, shoot off the dribble, and has some meat on his bones. He has a better body to work with. Anderson just doesn’t have the body or skills to be in the same category imo.

Also what Cade did at Belmont as freshman statistically was more impressive imo than what Anderson did at Central Arkansas. A-Sun is a much worse conference.

I get what you are saying, but I’d rather take a guy like Mabar who at least you know has the body and the athleticism to compete in the SEC.
I’ll take a 6’9” wing who can shoot and (presumably, given his ties to the school) is happy to have a limited role next year

VN Store

Back