Tennessee Softball 2024

Better cancel that Belmont game next week! ;)
It may end up that way. Was originally supposed to be the Tuesday after Carolina because this week’s LSU series was scheduled as a Saturday-Monday series in the initial layout. But one school had a facility conflict on another weekend, which resulted in three Saturday-Monday series being changed and we ended up with Tennessee’s only midweek being on the worst possible week.

Open weekends during SEC play makes zero sense also
There are only 13 teams in the SEC, so somebody has to have an open weekend every week. How would you suggest avoiding an open weekend when there is an odd number of teams?

Most teams host a home tournament or a nonconference series on their off weekend, as Tennessee did.

There are only 13 teams in the SEC, so somebody has to have an open weekend every week. How would you suggest avoiding an open weekend when there is an odd number of teams?

Most teams host a home tournament or a nonconference series on their off weekend, as Tennessee did.
Now now, you're using logic. Think out of the box. c'mon

Tennessee softball is in a good place going into this weekend.

With a record of 12 and 3, we are 3 games ahead ( in the loss column) of Texas A@M who sit at 12 and 6. Obviously, Texas A@ M has played 1 three game series more than us. Those extra three losses can be attributed to LSU, who swept Texas A@M at LSU. Ironically, we play LSU this weekend in Knoxville. LSU with a 10 and 8 SEC record (6 and 4 on the road) will be a challenge. Meanwhile, A@M takes on Ole Miss, who are struggling in conference play sitting at 3 and 12. I expect A@M to sweep Ole Miss.

Florida with a record of 10 and 5 play South Carolina at home and should be favored to win the series. South Carolina sit at 5 and 10 and are struggling. I would not be surprised if Florida gets a sweep.

Using our home field advantage this weekend, we need to play with purpose and intensity to maintain our lead.

Go Lady Vols. Let's repeat as regular season champs!

One inning is not even close to a valid sample size. If they can't throw in SEC games, then why are they on the squad? If
you have four pitchers--but then say, "But I can only throw 2 of them in SEC games, you've done a poor job of roster management
with respect to pitching.

Top 25 4/17/24 Wednesday

TimeVisitorHomeBoxVideoTV/Stream
3:00 PM23 Boston University(281)Rhode IslandBox Score
4:00 PM3 Stanford(191)UC DavisBox Score#5 Stanford vs. UC Davisespn+
4:00 PM4 Duke(145)UNC GreensboroBox Score
4:00 PM(288)Alabama State16 Florida StateBox ScoreAlabama State vs. #18 Florida Stateaccextra
6:00 PM(118)USC Upstate14 GeorgiaBox ScoreSouth Carolina Upstate vs. #9 Georgiasecplus
6:00 PM(288)Alabama State16 Florida StateBox ScoreAlabama State vs. #18 Florida Stateaccextra
6:00 PM3 Stanford(191)UC DavisBox Score#5 Stanford vs. UC Davisespn+
6:00 PM(241)SIU Edwardsville10 MissouriBox ScoreSIU Edwardsville vs. Missourisecplus
6:00 PM4 Duke(191)UNC GreensboroBox Score#3 Duke vs. UNC Greensboroespn+
7:00 PM(136)Nicholls State20 LouisianaBox Score
7:00 PM24 Kentucky(86)Western KentuckyBox Score#23 Kentucky vs. Western Kentuckyespn+
7:00 PM11 Texas A&M(62)North TexasBox Score#12 Texas A&M vs. North Texasespn+
7:00 PM7 Oklahoma State(43)Wichita StateBox Score#6 Oklahoma State vs. Wichita Stateespn+
7:00 PM(37)South Alabama17 Mississippi StateBox ScoreSouth Alabama vs. #17 Mississippi Statesecplus

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo
One inning is not even close to a valid sample size. If they can't throw in SEC games, then why are they on the squad? If
you have four pitchers--but then say, "But I can only throw 2 of them in SEC games, you've done a poor job of roster management
…dammit, @turbovol . 😉

I have said this before, not going a pitcher to be in this freshman class was rough. Not really sure what the issue was because it seemed like in the past that was a guaranteed. As much as I would like to use the whole staff it just isn’t as practical, I mean I am sure Orsini & White could do better, they just sometimes leave the ball too much over the white.

Reactions: volinjax
I have said this before, not going a pitcher to be in this freshman class was rough. Not really sure what the issue was because it seemed like in the past that was a guaranteed. As much as I would like to use the whole staff it just isn’t as practical, I mean I am sure Orsini & White could do better, they just sometimes leave the ball too much over the white.
Y no freshman pitchers?

White is hurt so that leaves just Orsini so no. Yes they have been slow to change on roster of pitchers. Guess your new to UT softball. Go back and look over the last 20 years, usually only have 2 to 3 pitchers on roster with a large drop off between pitcher #2 and Pitcher #3

White is hurt so that leaves just Orsini so no. Yes they have been slow to change on roster of pitchers. Guess your new to UT softball. Go back and look over the last 20 years, usually only have 2 to 3 pitchers on roster with a large drop off between pitcher #2 and Pitcher #3
TY, ‘67. Yes, pretty new on this thread. Speaking for myself…

Didn’t we lose an underclassman portal pitcher?

White pitched 1 inning in SEC play in 2023
White has pitched 1 inning in SEC play in 2024
So 2 innings in 2 years with an ERA of 3.50

Orsini pitched 4.1 inning in SEC play in 2023
Orsini has pitched 5.2 innings in SEC play in 2024
So 10 innings in 2 years with an ERA of 3.50

Pass

That would be most college softball rosters, and not just UT.

Most schools have a huge drop between 1 and 2. And then another large drop after that. We are fortunate to have really solid options at 1 and 2.

Right now the 2025 Roster has 3 pitchers:

Karlyn Pickens
Peyton Tanner
Erin Nuwer

White graduated
Orsini tried to leave last year, probably this year

Need a transfer but don't know that Karen will go after one

VN Store

Back