Recruiting Football Talk VII

Nothing I guess. What has the done exceptionally well?
Nate Oats
Lance Leipold
Josh Heupel
Bobby Hurley
Scott Frost
Best finish in the LEARFIELD directors cup in school history here
Back to back SEC all sports titles
Back to back record setting fundraising in school history
Record revenue here at TN

If u you oh are gonna troll at the very least bring some actual facts to the table. Since your question has been answered, how about answering what exactly White has done wrong in your opinion?

I have no harsh criticism I’m just not crowning him a genius for hiring the football coach from his previous school. It worked but even Dave Hart hired Barnes.
The man hired Nate Oats out of a high school math classroom to freaking Buffalo (after having a very successful run with Bobby Hurley) while also getting Lance Leipold to the same school.

Then he went to UCF and hired Scott Frost and Josh Heupel. UCF fans were practically crying when he left.

He’s widely regarded as one of the best AD’s around.

There’s much more here than just the Tennessee tenure, and even that has been stellar. White has been phenomenal in every aspect of every tenure at every school. Best in the business.

The man hired Nate Oats out of a high school math classroom to freaking Buffalo (after having a very successful run with Bobby Hurley) while also getting Lance Leipold to the same school.

Then he went to UCF and hired Scott Frost and Josh Heupel. UCF fans were practically crying when he left.

There’s much more here than just the Tennessee tenure, and even that has been stellar. White has been phenomenal in every aspect of every tenure at every school. Best in the business.

He did hire Oats as HC but he was already on Buffalo’s staff. Doesn’t make it less impressive but just for clarification purposes. His hires have been fantastic thus far

I really believe he's the best AD in America. If not the very best, then definitely top5.

He did hire Oats as HC but he was already on Buffalo’s staff. Doesn’t make it less impressive but just for clarification purposes. His hires have been fantastic thus far
Yup. Just saw that, and you’re right - it’s still impressive.

Also, Kim Caldwell reminds me of the Leipold hire. All he had ever done before Buffalo was absolutely dominate DII, and now he’s considered one of the best coaches in the game. Winners win.

It's mind bottling that people can live through what we had, then get someone as competent as AD White and not be able to recognize the difference.
We’re literally in the glory days now of being one of if not the best departments in the country. If someone can’t enjoy that, I don’t have time for them.

Is this a surprise?

He started last year after pili got injured, but I think that was mostly a product of a thin and inexperienced linebacker room. It was clear in many games that he had potential, but was not yet ready. He probably got a taste of starting and didn’t want to be passed up by an increasingly talented young linebacker room. There’s plenty of film on him now so some team may be needing the help and be able to give him the role he wants. What causes an Elijah herring to go portaling and a kaleb Perry to be content with a special teams and backup role? Who knows. I think it’s a product of him being “good enough to be here” but not “definitely better than his peers” in regards to our linebacker room and rotation. Don’t think it will have huge impact unless we can’t stay healthy or if the move was made not on good terms and affects the relationship with caleb (doesn’t appear to be the case). Honestly, younger spillman showing out in the spring might be what pushed him out. If I’m him I’m not worried about being behind pili with his injury history, but if im falling in the back half of telander/carter/herring/spillman/smith, as a junior with a full year of starting sec film, I’d probably test the portal too. Either way, wasn’t gonna be a clear cut starter. Good problem to have.

Not really. He’s about fourth in the pecking order after Spillman’s performance in Spring imo.

Caleb might not be far behind…once again jmo.
I’m excited about Caleb. Think he jumps Joseph to start next year. If either was going to transfer, I’d put money on the latter (unless herring is able to go to another prominent D1 school and they are also willing to give Caleb a clear path to starting). That said, players in our linebacker room right now having a different experience than our dline right now. If I’m Caleb, no way I’m leaving garner and an opportunity to be the starter next year after pearce has gone nfl.

People seem to forget that he's old money when it comes to athletic department leaders. His whole family has been in D1 athletics for at least a couple generations. They have a lot of power and connections when it comes to collegiate sports.
He has shown to not be content with mediocrity either, see Harper, pretty good is not good enough. He gives you whatever you need to succeed and expects results. He's just a winner and expects his coaches to be winners. He's a leader and exactly what we need, a perfect fit for us.We have deserved him after the garbage we've had over the last 15+ years.

VN Store

Back