Recruiting Football Talk VII

I’m not necessarily even blaming the players for chasing the money. Most won’t have fruitful professional careers so from their perspective, it makes sense to get paid while they can since the rules (or lack of rules) permit them to do so. It’s just not a fan friendly system in the sense that fans have to train themselves to refrain from getting attached to players.
I dont really get bothered by the portal much

It's just the rivalry bouncing and them not giving two craps about it. It's dumb.

I just kinda feel sad for guys like him. Where will he return to in the future? Ole Miss? For one year? Will he root for Ole Miss, Bama and Tennessee the rest of his life? He's just like "I played for Ole Miss, Tenn and Bama and I love everyone!" Barf.

Even in the NFL everyone gets along. It's disgusting.

I want more HATRED.

Without the portal we couldn't have turned over our secondary this year. No space. But in 2 or 3 years' time we could have via high schoolers. I think we upgraded at SDE too.

Plus, we are still under a scholarship limit through 2027 because the NCAA lied and extended it beyond what they had agreed to (while faking ineptitude with teams like Michigan and Bama to deliberately enable them to cheat). You have to pay attention to that outgoing side of the portal too, instead of needlessly freaking out and screaming about the death of football, when we use it wisely.
You talkin to me?

I dont really get bothered by the portal much

It's just the rivalry bouncing and them not giving two craps about it. It's dumb.

I just kinda feel sad for guys like him. Where will he return to in the future? Ole Miss? For one year? Will he root for Ole Miss, Bama and Tennessee the rest of his life? He's just like "I played for Ole Miss, Tenn and Bama and I love everyone!" Barf.

Even in the NFL everyone gets along. It's disgusting.

I want more HATRED.
😂 That’s it! We want the passionate hatred!

You talkin to me?
Nah, I'm just saying to the world. 😂 My pro-portal take. I don't want to argue about it with anyone. Done that. It's not that productive, takes too much space, and would take 3 or 4 times more space to be more detailed.

Also, iirc, you don't mind it.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm just saying to the world. 😂 My pro-portal take.
The only thing I'm hoping for with the portal is that they can reinstall the one time transfer rule after this year.

After this year the covid seniors will be gone, so more spots for high school players will exist. Then if they can limit it back to a one time transfer situation it will be much more tenable.

I do like the roster building aspect. We wouldn't be where we are without it.

The only thing I'm hoping for with the portal is that they can reinstall the one time transfer rule after this year.

After this year the covid seniors will be gone, so more spots for high school players will exist. Then if they can limit it back to a one time transfer situation it will be much more tenable.

I do like the roster building aspect. We wouldn't be where we are without it.
iirc, the unlimited transfer policy resulted from a court case in Ohio. I don't what's going to happen with that.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Players during the portal era 🙄

Brandon Turnage just posted a pic of him from his Bama days of him smoking a cigar with Patrick Surtain. It was a happy bday post, but obviously it was after beating us and its like dude..you were here for 3 years. All these players with no allegiance just bouncing to 3 different SEC schools.

It's just so lame
Hes probably salty we gave him the git-shirt

I guess this is the full video

To see some of the peoples’ reactions in that video is hilarious. One dude got off the bus wearing overalls. Could have dressed up a little more for such a special occasion. Lol. We will see if all those fans are as excited once basketball season rolls back around and gets under way.

Interesting discussion on baseball twitter….. I really can’t fathom how anyone can hit anymore…. Consistently facing 97 plus and many times 17 inches of movement as well.

Reactions: OptimusPrimerib
Happy Monday

April 15, 2024: Do not underestimate the power and work of the enemy, but also do not underestimate the power that I have given you to overcome and be victorious. I have heard your prayers, and I will give you the strength and the wisdom necessary to succeed. Rise up in faith and be done with fear. The time has come for progression. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

Yes Rory didn't play well at all. It's a shame he just needs to win The Masters to have career Grand Slam.
Sat morning on Live From The Masters, they were talking about the fairways at Augusta almost always giving you a sidehill lie as a right-hander, with the ball above your feet. Makes it much harder for a flatter swinger like RMac.

VN Store

Back