Recruiting Football Talk VII

Players during the portal era 🙄

Brandon Turnage just posted a pic of him from his Bama days of him smoking a cigar with Patrick Surtain. It was a happy bday post, but obviously it was after beating us and its like dude..you were here for 3 years. All these players with no allegiance just bouncing to 3 different SEC schools.

It's just so lame

Without the portal we couldn't have turned over our secondary this year. No space. But in 2 or 3 years' time we could have via high schoolers. I think we upgraded at SDE too.

Plus, we are still under a scholarship limit through 2027 because the NCAA lied and extended it beyond what they had agreed to (while faking ineptitude with teams like Michigan and Bama to deliberately enable them to cheat). You have to pay attention to that outgoing side of the portal too, instead of needlessly freaking out and screaming about the death of football, when we use it wisely.

His movements just looked robotic as far as like changing direction. Running is just one direction but pivoting and stuff twists that area he broke and I think that still bothers him…. From what I saw anyways @VolsDoc81TX probably knows more about those types of breaks.

But I'm skeptical about it being fully healed and being able to play on it by the beginning of the season. Maybe the back half?
I’m sure that they are just being really careful with him. He should be fully healed at this point. Maybe he doesn’t fully trust it yet.

Players during the portal era 🙄

Brandon Turnage just posted a pic of him from his Bama days of him smoking a cigar with Patrick Surtain. It was a happy bday post, but obviously it was after beating us and its like dude..you were here for 3 years. All these players with no allegiance just bouncing to 3 different SEC schools.

It's just so lame

I’m not necessarily even blaming the players for chasing the money. Most won’t have fruitful professional careers so from their perspective, it makes sense to get paid while they can since the rules (or lack of rules) permit them to do so. It’s just not a fan friendly system in the sense that fans have to train themselves to refrain from getting attached to players.

Apparently Barnes & Co are bringing in Igor Milicic Jr. on Tuesday from Charlotte. Some in BB Forum don't like that.... idk why, this dude is incredible.

6'11" Croatian. His father played professionally in Europe and is currently a professional European coach.

He shoots 38% from 3. 82% from the line. 49% from the field. Several clips of him running the floor with the ball and finishing. Super athletic and mobile. Looks like he can shoot from anywhere. Averaged 32 minutes per game this season with 8.5reb, 13pts, and 1 block per game. Only a Junior. Oh, and he started out at Virginia before transferring down to Charlotte for 2 years.

This dude has the tools and pedigree to be a high draft pick after a year or two at Tennessee imo. Not an expert on the NBA but he seems to have the prototypical skills for today's league.
What the hell do they not like about him? Did they let Checkerboards back in there or something?

VN Store

Back