2024 Transfer Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Kellie had remained, the life or death portal need would have been a post. CKC's style is more small ball so Strickland is a good fit. I understand Hollingshead is a force fit at post but in a get up and down style, and where the post is often plays at the perimeter, she might look more comfortable.

For CKC, It seems that the critical needs are a proven PG (many question marks around Destinee-) nd an athletic guard that can shoot the 3 ball. The first is a rarer commodity than the first but, with those additions, and assuming Boyd is ready for prime time, maybe this team will be able to exceed expectations
I hope next season doesn't turn out to be one post after another about how this coach can't coach and made a bad hire. Tennessee fans accept nothing but winning. They do not accept rebuilding. I hope it all changes next week, but were heading for rebuilding right now.

See? Why frame it like that? Why not just take a wait-and-see approach during this time? It makes zero sense that you're publicly throwing in the towel so quickly because her dad appears unhappy with the news. Like everyone else in this transition in staffing, sometimes parents of players may need a couple of days to process new developments just like the fanbased needed a couple of days.

Think about it.

That’s where I am. I’m excited for November anything between then and now I’m not going to be losing my marbles over.

Reactions: ttharp
she just really liked the staff. i believe we have no chance of getting her now. CKC MUST get a really good assistant coach who has established relationships or i think her tenure at UT will be short.
Seems they were looking for a reason. So to go back, they don’t love Tennessee…in your words “she just really like the staff”

To quote her family on X, “yesterdays price is not todays price”. That was a day after we re-offered.

Seems they were looking for a reason. So to go back, they don’t love Tennessee…in your words “she just really like the staff”

To quote her family on X, “yesterdays price is not todays price”. That was a day after we re-offered.
two things can be true. they can love tennessee, but also really love the staff. nonetheless, it doesn’t matter. CKC will either chose to go after her, or as u said cut ties. we will see.

See? Why frame it like that? Why not just take a wait-and-see approach during this time? It makes zero sense that you're publicly throwing in the towel so quickly because her dad appears unhappy with the news. Like everyone else in this transition in staffing, sometimes parents of players may need a couple of days to process new developments just like the fanbased needed a couple of days.

Think about it.
Only in the wait and see mode. I certainly stand by where the current roster will finish in the SEC as it currently exists.

If Kellie had remained, the life or death portal need would have been a post. CKC's style is more small ball so Strickland is a good fit. I understand Hollingshead is a force fit at post but in a get up and down style, and where the post is often plays at the perimeter, she might look more comfortable.

For CKC, It seems that the critical needs are a proven PG (many question marks around Destinee-) nd an athletic guard that can shoot the 3 ball. The first is a rarer commodity than the first but, with those additions, and assuming Boyd is ready for prime time, maybe this team will be able to exceed expectations
Can’t wait to see Tess at the 4 spot in this exciting brand of small ball.

Look at Ralph at Vandy. Kellie and company were losing recruits to them even though we beat them. CKC will be fine.

Gonna take a season or two for everyone to see what she’s all about but news travels fast. I have heard nothing but positives from her former players. Kids are going to love playing for her.

Remember when Harper was hired and there were immediately negative comments from past players at more than one stop? Because I do.
I don’t think Stephanie White had Vandy at the same level that we are currently at. Plus Ralph had connections and relationships with her recruiting from UConn where she was known as a great recruiter. She had much more name recognition than Caldwell does at this level. Winning in her first season would only help her.

I hope next season doesn't turn out to be one post after another about how this coach can't coach and made a bad hire. Tennessee fans accept nothing but winning. They do not accept rebuilding. I hope it all changes next week, but were heading for rebuilding right now.

Sure looks that way. I suspect what we will end up with is the Marshall staff and the 4 players from Marshall here. Maybe the name on the jersey will make a difference against teams like VA Tech.

I don’t think Stephanie White had Vandy at the same level that we are currently at. Plus Ralph had connections and relationships with her recruiting from UConn where she was known as a great recruiter. She had much more name recognition than Caldwell does at this level. Winning in her first season would only help her.

So you liked where the program was? Got it.

I didn’t, I’m glad for a new slate entirely. This isn’t about maintaining some long dead legacy. It’s about NOW and the FUTURE.

Focusing on maintaining the past and the legacy was never going to take us back to the top. Sometimes things need to be broken to be made better.

Just thinking if Harper truly did not have the support of the AD the last season, maybe that was the problem and not her.
Support means players otherwise not much good in any other way. Moral support doesn't get you very far, but talent will. Next week and the next should be a lot of fun to see where were going. It could end very well or in total despair.

Agree. Ralph had the advantage because she had the opportunity for a rebuild season or two. Vanderbilt wasn’t good when she got there, so it wasn’t hard to go up from where Vanderbilt was. For CKC, she doesn’t really have the wiggle room to have a rebuild season. UT is a hard place to coach, and we really don’t take rebuild seasons.

I’m just repeating what I’ve read, I’m leaving my personal opinions out for now.
Nah, there have been far more critics of Wynn than fans. She had a nice improvement curve this past season, and did better than expected than at back-up PG, but VERY few if any predicted her to become an All-conference PG.

So, are you Darth's burner account or just darthing?....

I think it is going to be most of the Marshall coaches. She is close to all of them and expect we'll see at least two of them maybe more.

Nothing wrong with that if she thinks they can get the job done I’m gonna trust her. I do think we could benefit from one bigger band for an AHC for a season or two while CKC gets her bearings at this level.

Nah, there have been far more critics of Wynn than fans. She had a nice improvement curve this past season, and did better than expected than at back-up PG, but VERY few if any predicted her to become an All-conference PG.

So, are you Darth's burner account or just darthing?....
I’m not whoever that is, but I’ve learned to keep my opinions to myself, I’ll just say what I see people say on here and see how the season turns out.

Agree. Ralph had the advantage because she had the opportunity for a rebuild season or two. Vanderbilt wasn’t good when she got there, so it wasn’t hard to go up from where Vanderbilt was. For CKC, she doesn’t really have the wiggle room to have a rebuild season. UT is a hard place to coach, and we really don’t take rebuild seasons.
Right, the hell is a rebuild season! 🥴 never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back