Recruiting Football Talk VII

I do wonder if Pearl is watching for Barnes retirement and would want to return? Is that a reason he did not get a look from UK or would it be the BBQ and antics?

Reactions: RudyVol
I do wonder if Pearl is watching for Barnes retirement and would want to return? Is that a reason he did not get a look from UK or would it be the BBQ and antics?
Hard pass on Pearl. Don't want him back anywhere close to the UT program. People think that he would do what he did when he was here before but there is no guarantee that would happen. Thank you to him for his contributions to UT Basketball history, but when the time comes I think we should move forward with a DW hire and not opine for an older coach that may or may not be able to re-create what he did before.

The more I think about the Pope hire the more I am just jaw drop dumbfounded how UK ended up here.

It’s a different era now. Other schools can pay well so the traditional big name schools with big expectations aren’t as attractive when you add all the NIL wildness. Why deal with all of that when I can just go to a more reasonable school and get paid great anyway.

That’s why I’m in no hurry to see Barnes retire. We could just as easily end up with a bad hire despite the fact that Barnes has made the job a top 10 bball destination.

It’s a different era now. Other schools can pay well so the traditional big name schools with big expectations aren’t as attractive when you add all the NIL wildness. Why deal with all of that when I can just go to a more reasonable school and get paid great anyway.

That’s why I’m in no hurry to see Barnes retire. We could just as easily end up with a bad hire despite the fact that Barnes has made the job a top 10 bball destination.
I believe CRB will inform AD Danny White a season before he retires so Tennessee can have ample time to replace CRB.

Maybe though the thought process is already aligned with the stars and 1 of Barnes ex- Assistant coaches take over.

TB saying that Aidoo wanted more money than Knecht made this season so that’s part of why he’s leaving. Essentially another school is going to overpay for him. I like Aidoo a lot and it sucks to lose him, but I would probably do the same for that type of $$.
Losing Aidoo sucks, but he is nowhere near DK money. Hate he’s leaving, but if another school is willing to pay him that, then good luck to them and better budgetary opportunities for us.

VN Store

Back