The Official LSU @ Tennessee Series Thread (Fri. April 12 7:30PM EST ESPNU) (Sat. April 13 5:30PM EST SEC NETWORK) (Sun. April 14 3PM EST SEC NETWORK)

@Volprofch05 posted the link. I can add that our Our Elite-8, SEC-season champion BasketVols will be somewhere at the festivities, too, if you're interested. Maybe part of the Vol Walk, idk. Baseball watch party was a great idea!
I loved that idea, for fans to get to express their appreciation to the basketball team Saturday as part of the Vol Walk!

But now, with Awaka and Aidoo going into the portal (and rumors of another)... the Scotts-Irish heritage of many VFLs might find expression in some unpleasantness toward those players.

I'd hate that, for the UTAD as well as the team.

FRIDAY:
  • Ceremonial First Pitch: Women's Basketball Head Coach Kim Caldwell
While cheering to welcome new Coach Caldwell, I will be--in an act of solidarity--eating a Tootsie Roll mini.
1712875983909.png

A little off topic.

I checked and I see Lexington has the Rail Bird Festival scheduled again concurrent with the NCAA Baseball regional again.

I wonder if UK has had the foresight to make plans for hosting regional this season. With the bad press last year, I don't believe the NCAA will give them a waiver this season for using dorms. That went over like a lead balloon.

Never understood how a city larger than Knoxville has so little hotel space in the area. It's better than it once was but it's still lacking.

Because Todd Helton is probably the most decorated of those 3 choices and it IS a baseball game lol.

One is a brand new coach.One is a legend. And One is arguably the best basketball player to wear the jersey. There’s enough love to go around.

Look at the bright spot, that might be the only time some stand up and clap.

😂

One is a brand new coach.One is a legend. And One is arguably the best basketball player to wear the jersey. There’s enough love to go around.

Look at the bright spot, that might be the only time some stand up and clap.

😂

Ha, so true. Honestly sad I can’t make the trip. Going to be a rowdy weekend down there and would love to see all the Tennessee legends showing up around LNS.

I loved that idea, for fans to get to express their appreciation to the basketball team Saturday as part of the Vol Walk!

But now, with Awaka and Aidoo going into the portal (and rumors of another)... the Scotts-Irish heritage of many VFLs might find expression in some unpleasantness toward those players.

I'd hate that, for the UTAD as well as the team.
I doubt the players in the portal will participate. If they do, well.…

I’m sure Vol fans will cheer the players who “gave their all” for the Vols!

There's a guy sitting behind home plate with an "API" shirt that is cool.

Old name of School (Alabama Polytechnic University)

I found them online. They should really use this more often:

If they don’t do a video intro half the fans likely won’t know who he is. We have a very young baseball fanbase.
I just went over his Wikipedia page--that's a 10-minute video if it only rolled his stats like film credits! Quite amazing to see it all there in one place.

Excellent point! We need to continue introducing younger fans to the rich, rich heritage of U. of Tennessee sports.

LOL--which starts, I guess, with a walk up song for taking the mound! If you took a song from his time at Tennessee, '92-'96(?)... what song from then would you "youngsters" suggest?

I just went over his Wikipedia page--that's a 10-minute video if it only rolled his stats like film credits! Quite amazing to see it all there in one place.

Excellent point! We need to continue introducing younger fans to the rich, rich heritage of U. of Tennessee sports.

LOL--which starts, I guess, with a walk up song for taking the mound! If you took a song from his time at Tennessee, '92-'96(?)... what song from then would you "youngsters" suggest?

C’Mon n’ Ride it (The Train) was one of the most popular songs in 1996. We know that one but I doubt that would be a popular walk up song 🤪😝

I love that CTV had a TBA for Friday‘s pitcher. During our game 2 vs LSU last year in the CWS, LSU didn’t bother to announce their starting pitcher until about 90 minutes before game time. That was bush league by LSU and didn’t sit well with CTV. I like CTV’s gamesmanship but I expect to see some combination of Combs, Stamos, Connell, and Causey.

I love that CTV had a TBA for Friday‘s pitcher. During our game 2 vs LSU last year in the CWS, LSU didn’t bother to announce their starting pitcher until about 90 minutes before game time. That was bush league by LSU and didn’t sit well with CTV. I like CTV’s gamesmanship but I expect to see some combination of Combs, Stamos, Connell, and Causey.

Let’s not forget Holman is starting on Saturday. Both coaches are playing the game. Maybe I’m wrong and Holman has been the Saturday starter.

A little off topic.

I checked and I see Lexington has the Rail Bird Festival scheduled again concurrent with the NCAA Baseball regional again.

I wonder if UK has had the foresight to make plans for hosting regional this season. With the bad press last year, I don't believe the NCAA will give them a waiver this season for using dorms. That went over like a lead balloon.

Never understood how a city larger than Knoxville has so little hotel space in the area. It's better than it once was but it's still lacking.
We went to that regional last year. Concert was going on probably 300 yards past the outfield wall. Also went in one of the dorms where one of the teams were staying- I saw why everyone was unhappy. Meal service was set up in the dorm lobby.

IIRC, NCAA rules were changed where that scenario (as well as very long distance bussing between the ballpark and hotel) couldn’t happen again.

We went to that regional last year. Concert was going on probably 300 yards past the outfield wall. Also went in one of the dorms where one of the teams were staying- I saw why everyone was unhappy. Meal service was set up in the dorm lobby.

IIRC, NCAA rules were changed where that scenario (as well as very long distance bussing between the ballpark and hotel) couldn’t happen again.

They are leading the SEC at this moment, surely they have a plan after that fiasco.

C’Mon n’ Ride it (The Train) was one of the most popular songs in 1996. We know that one but I doubt that would be a popular walk up song 🤪😝
I poked around in the Billboard Top 100 for '93-'94
...and understood why Peyton started getting into Country music here. Those were not the best years for pop, and there weren't that many I remembered hearing at all.

But Saturday, as long as he could make it to the mound in the first 30 seconds, 🎶 whatta man Todd would be ... a mighty good man.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back