2024 Transfer Portal Thread

Basilio mentioned a player in the portal that Tennessee is involved with (and feels pretty good about) that "will blow your mind".

Probably blustering, but when it comes to basketball, that is one area I think Tony has decent connections, though I still recommend a boulder of salt.

Brian Hartman suggested he played east of here (Mark Williams?), but Tony said this guy didn't play east of here, and that they're talking about different players.

Also mentioned we are in good shape with Lanier and Dubar, which is pretty clear.
Usually don’t put stock into anything basillio says, but I would be shocked if only one guy visits this weekend.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
Chaz Lanier ... option #1 NBA tryouts and feedback ... results ... "improve your defensive skills ... show that you can improve your shooting %"
Chaz Lanier ... next step #2 Phone Dalton Kneckt: CL: "How much better did you get defensively?" DK: "He will be on you, night and day. And if you listen and do, you will get better! 17s are killers and Barnes is the best coach I ever had!"
Chaz Lanier ... option #3 Coach Barnes: "Coach, you got a spot open for me? DK said you will make me a better defensive player."
Portal - Does Not Apply

Basilio mentioned a player in the portal that Tennessee is involved with (and feels pretty good about) that "will blow your mind".

Probably blustering, but when it comes to basketball, that is one area I think Tony has decent connections, though I still recommend a boulder of salt.

Brian Hartman suggested he played east of here (Mark Williams?), but Tony said this guy didn't play east of here, and that they're talking about different players.

Also mentioned we are in good shape with Lanier and Dubar, which is pretty clear.
Cream Abdul Jabbar? 🤓🤓

I honestly can’t think of a single player in the portal that if we landed would be a “blow your mind” moment. That seems a touch dramatic by Basilio.

Only player I think would even possibly qualify, as someone else suggested, is Bronny James and that would only be a “blow your mind” moment because he didn’t look that great this year and the inevitable circus that would come with him is not something I see Barnes wanting.

Watch it be Lanier or someone we already know of lmao

Man I hope it's the Arizona Center.

To speculate on Basilio's claims...

Oumar Ballo
Maxime Raynaud
Johnell Davis

The only 3 names I've not seen circulated a ton that I'd consider mind blowing... 2 bigs and then Johnell Davis who many think might be the best Guard in the portal period.
It may be Ballo…hearing that Aidoo may be leaving also.

VN Store

Back