• 3. Not Sure Yet

Votes: 260 33.8%
  • 4. Displeased

Votes: 38 4.9%
  • 5. Very Displeased

Votes: 28 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those who think this is a terrible hire who would you hire assuming that Gottlieb didn't want to leave CA, and Staley, Moore and Mulkey weren't leaving their current schools? Maybe Walz or Friese but I wouldn't want Friese.
I would gamble on Coach Caldwell before fading stars like Walz and Freese.

No, you didn’t give a serious answer. You wanted to have a pissing contest when I never mentioned anything about donations. What has Danny white done so bad that you want him gone? Honest question.
Because it looks like to me and a lot of other people, he has the big money sports rolling.
You were challenging whether I was a real fan or JUST someone who follows the Lady Vols. I just wanted to assure you that I actually was a true fan because I had season football tickets for a long time and to top it off put my money where my mouth was. I thought it was only fair to inquire as to whether you had done the same.
Regarding DW, I thought he treated Kellie unfairly. And although I am absolutely ready to support our new coach and see what she can put on the court, this hire doesn’t say to me he is serious about women’s athletics.

People ass hurt over Harper getting canned are hysterical. Best she ever finished, in 5 years, was third place in the conference. That's not cutting it. You do not get to be an average coach just bc you played for Pat.

It's not about Harper at all for most of us who think this is a whacked hire. It's about the hire. We've had two coaches who were not winners at the major level before being hired here. Thus it seemed time to get an established winner--it cried out for that. And White did the exact opposite. And, no, I'm not talking about an established DII winner. I'm sure White will work a lot harder trying to raise NIL money for Caldwell, given that his rep is on the line with this hire, then he did conducting the search. Like a lot of recent hires, I get a sense there really wasn't much of a search.

Reactions: POLOinDC
That’s not true at all. I am a very loyal person and I will really support her. If for no other reason I love our student athletes and want their experience as a Lady Vol to bring them joy, lifelong friendships and great memories.
Regarding stilettos: the last of those departed my closet quite a while ago. I did, however recently purchase some Allbirds and would highly recommend them. Quite comfortable and non-lethal.😉

How about Lady Vol softball? Take 2 of 3 from higher ranked Georgia. Heck of a game last night w Texas beating Oklahoma...they throw out tying run at plate to end Sooners 40 game big 12 winning streak.
Good point on the new hire....oops this was softball plug....there is a thread for it also...

You were challenging whether I was a real fan or JUST someone who follows the Lady Vols. I just wanted to assure you that I actually was a true fan because I had season football tickets for a long time and to top it off put my money where my mouth was. I thought it was only fair to inquire as to whether you had done the same.
Regarding DW, I thought he treated Kellie unfairly. And although I am absolutely ready to support our new coach and see what she can put on the court, this hire doesn’t say to me he is serious about women’s athletics.
Contract extension last season = fair
Fires for not meeting expectations = unfair

Sounds about right for someone who is ok watching the house burn while waiting for the fire department two counties away.

Reactions: JohnnyPayne
Ya not gonna get another Pat Summit,so why not just give her chance all coaches start somewhere,it's not poof they are great.GoLadyVols

I think it's a good culture fit with her Appalachia background but don't know if her success at d2 and sunbelt will translate.

Pat summit would probably say that a good coach can get the best out of any caliber of athlete.

Yeah, lower division level coaches like Bruce Pearl never work out.

(This is not a knock at you, Barn, It was just a quick way to make a point. Personally, I like our odds when said coach has an incredibly high winning percentage, with multiple championships won.)

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If we're using baseball metaphors, this is a single at absolute best. This is DW believing he can find an elite women's bball coach without having to spend real money. We're about to find out if he's right.
Singles come from swinging bunts to off the wall with the defense playing deep.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Contract extension last season = fair
Fires for not meeting expectations = unfair

Sounds about right for someone who is ok watching the house burn while waiting for the fire department two counties away.
Can we leave behind KJH finally? I mean she could not be more throughly humiliated than she just was. Can we give her any grace?

I’m curious what you think of this hire? You always said KJH was over her head. Did we upgrade?

His firing of Harper tells me he's dead serious about women's athletics. The easy, and lazier path, would have been to keep riding with a coach who has never finished above third in the SEC, who many in the fan base will give a pass, only bc she played for Pat.

His firing of Harper tells me he's dead serious about women's athletics. The easy, and lazier path, would have been to keep riding with a coach who has never finished above third in the SEC, who many in the fan base will give a pass, only bc she played for Pat.

Perhaps he will now be serious enough to help get some NIL money for WBB?

VN Store

Back