How good is the team Coach Caldwell will inherit?

Talia is probably the perfect player for this coach.

She should be priority number 1, with no limit on her NIL.

The other Arkansas player along with Ruby should be the next two priorities.

Starting 3 of
Scott, Ruby, and Saylor would be a tremendous start. Would immediately change the outlook for next season.

I hope and pray they all get a call.
They will be highly coveted I doubt we get any at this point of the top top tier. But there still are good candidates

I’m sure we reach out tho. Saylors rebounding would be so elite in this system.

At this point it’s happened so I’m excited to see us run and gun in TBA/FCC

The best thing that Caldwell might have going for her is not her "innovative system" or her West Virginia fairy
dust, some of which apparently drifted south to Knoxville and fluttered down into White's coffee a couple of months ago, turning him daft.
Rather, it will be money. NIL cash, baby.

White is smart enough to know that he put he put a big chunk of his credibility on the line with
this very unconventional hire. At the same time, we've entered an unfortunate period in which success seems determined less
by old-fashioned coaching and recruiting acumen and more by how much money your program can raise and use to buy
talent--buy players.

Thus I'm sure that, starting now, White will be dunning the program's donors/boosters like never before--working to help his new, youthful charge acquire some good players and teams. With the right talent she can win games and, in doing so, boost the program and protect/enhance the AD's reputation. With enough NIL payola, Caldwell, like most other coaches, will function half as a coach and half as the scion of a wealthy family with shiny toys. It might seem something of a cynical take--but not if we're to believe all those
who argued that an insufficient bribery fund has been at the root of our recruiting woes. If there's a literal change in recruiting fortune,
then it will be a big benefit to our new coaching ingenue (and tough luck for Kellie).

Much chance of getting players via the portal?
Would like to see her meet with Key and her sister ( Teona who is in the portal ....played @ NC ) tonite and maybe she could convince Key to comeback for her Covid year to play with her sister.
Second ,I would look into the 6'7" center ( forgot her name ) from Portugal who was committed /signed with Va Tech since Brooks went to Kentucky so maybe she will be back on the block.

Hopefully someone will be left over there that has been involved heavily in recruiting and monitoring the portal and our new coach can start the recruiting in a sprint.

The best thing that Caldwell might have going for her is not her "innovative system" or her West Virginia fairy
dust, some of which apparently drifted south to Knoxville and fluttered down into White's coffee a couple of months ago, turning him daft.
Rather, it will be money. NIL cash, baby.

White is smart enough to know that he put he put a big chunk of his credibility on the line with
this very unconventional hire. At the same time, we've entered an unfortunate period in which success seems determined less
by old-fashioned coaching and recruiting acumen and more by how much money your program can raise and use to buy
talent--buy players.

Thus I'm sure that, starting now, White will be dunning the program's donors/boosters like never before--working to help his new, youthful charge acquire some good players and teams. With the right talent she can win games and, in doing so, boost the program and protect/enhance the AD's reputation. With enough NIL payola, Caldwell, like most other coaches, will function half as a coach and half as the scion of a wealthy family with shiny toys. It might seem something of a cynical take--but not if we're to believe all those
who argued that an insufficient bribery fund has been at the root of our recruiting woes. If there's a literal change in recruiting fortune,
then it will be a big benefit to our new coaching ingenue (and tough luck for Kellie).
Unconventional hire ....wow .She is anything but unconventional .

Fast paced offense with a pressure D. This current team was built for a half court offense with not a lot of speed needed. Not sure current roster has enough speed to play this style without some portal help. And you know some players will transfer that know they won't fit. Not saying a major overhaul but expect some.
They may be faster than we think once they get into good physical condition. Seriously, they need to hit the portal and do some fast recruiting. We lost a lot of talent this year and we don’t know a whole lot how quickly they can learn the techniques of a fast paced game. I think many of them will welcome a fast pace game. Play with instinct instead of over thinking what to. Anything will be better than standing around waiting for someone to do something.
We have to find some hight to protect the paint, but we will get a lot more steals that will result in the easiest shot in basketball, the layup.

Would like to see her meet with Key and her sister ( Teona who is in the portal ....played @ NC ) tonite and maybe she could convince Key to comeback for her Covid year to play with her sister.
Second ,I would look into the 6'7" center ( forgot her name ) from Portugal who was committed /signed with Va Tech since Brooks went to Kentucky so maybe she will be back on the block.

Hopefully someone will be left over there that has been involved heavily in recruiting and monitoring the portal and our new coach can start the recruiting in a sprint.
I don’t think Tamari would fit her press for 40 minutes, run and gun system. Neither would the 6’7” player. They are meant for a more half court game and that is not Caldwell’s system

I don’t think Tamari would fit her press for 40 minutes, run and gun system. Neither would the 6’7” player. They are meant for a more half court game and that is not Caldwell’s system
The flip side is that if you can get a 6'7 player, you adapt the system. I don't think Coach Caldwell would say no to a Kamilla Cardosa......

The flip side is that if you can get a 6'7 player, you adapt the system. I don't think Coach Caldwell would say no to a Kamilla Cardosa......
It would be different than her normal system. Maybe she would adapt what has worked for her elsewhere?

VN Store

Back