Kim Caldwell (Rookie Coach of the Year-WBCA) is named Head Coach of Iconic Lady Vols WBB

For starters, I don’t care about Kentucky, I don’t watch them unless we’re playing them. If they want to fire and hire in a week, or six months, just don’t care, but while we were in the Tournament, Kentucky wasn’t, and while we now have no Coach, Kentucky is playing the portal. That I care about.

I think you might have missed the point. Hiring a quality coach takes time. It’s not going to be done in 5 days.

I don’t have to prove myself or my sources. I’m just dropping information as I get it. I told yall Kara was never an option even when the dude on twitter with “clout” said she was. Then it comes out she was never interviewed just as I said.

I’m not saying that the Marshall Coach is a done deal, but I am saying that’s the loud buzz amongst coaches and former players.

I’m just relaying information as I get it via text.

I don’t have to prove myself or my sources. I’m just dropping information as I get it. I told yall Kara was never an option even when the dude on twitter with “clout” said she was. Then it comes out she was never interviewed just as I said.

I’m not saying that the Marshall Coach is a done deal, but I am saying that’s the loud buzz amongst coaches and former players.

Well that would be something….guess I would need to call a friend if that is the hire

Sorry but good god that is awful. Just bring Kellie back.

Not necessarily true about next year’s TN roster. Take Ky, their roster prospects look brighter for 2024 less than one week after hiring Brooks and they have 8 entering the portal.
Good chance the best players among the 8 KY players who entered the portal will return to play w the impressive core already following Brooks there.

I just can't wrap my mind around what happened with Brooks, who was rumored since fall to want to come here.

Marshall coach? Really? Cannot believe DW fired KJH to make such a soft hire. If he did, he's going to rightly get blasted. This hire cannot be a Who? Why? hire. It would smack of desperation, be an admission no one better wanted the job. Even if we have to go up and comer there are much better ones than this.

Keep in mind Danny loves up and comers. I.e. Huepel. He’s typically has a good eye.

But yet again, I’m NOT SAYING it’s the Marshall coach. I’m saying that is the buzz.
I trust Danny’s ability to hire an elite up and comer for football more than I do WBB. I wonder how familiar he is with the WBB landscape.

We shall see. I still have hope.

Good chance the best players among the 8 KY players who entered the portal will return to play w the impressive core already following Brooks there.

I just can't wrap my mind around what happened with Brooks, who was rumored since fall to want to come here.

Marshall coach? Really? Cannot believe DW fired KJH to make such a soft hire. If he did, he's going to rightly get blasted. This hire cannot be a Who? Why? hire. It would smack of desperation, be an admission no one better wanted the job. Even if we have to go up and comer there are much better ones than this.
It would mean that Kentucky is a better program quite frankly. I know Danny is a “magical coach whisperer” quite frankly but the optics of swinging for the fences and coming out with a bunt would just be bad. He would have ticked off a section of the fanbase by getting rid of a LVFL and then hire someone who would bring no excitement to the brand. Maybe in year 2, she wins like Heupel but that first year would be EXTREMELY rough on our national perception.

Marshall coach would be an epic fail

So what happens when we hire Stephens?

As others have said, DW has a good track record. If it’s not a big name splash hire, so what? It just needs to be the right hire. Our former coach wasn’t and never was gonna cut it to our standards here. Love everything she has given to the university over the years but the reality is the reality.

As others have said, DW has a good track record. If it’s not a big name splash hire, so what? It just needs to be the right hire. Our former coach wasn’t and never was gonna cut it to our standards here. Love everything she has given to the university over the years but the reality is the reality.
So you’re willing to wait 5 years?

It’s ironic that all the insider information is coming from former players and coaches, and the current players nobody has seen or heard from at all. Yet they seem to be the ones that are actually involved in the process.

Let the speculation continue amongst the fanatics. Throw everything to the wall and see if it sticks at this point I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratvol

People will be upset BUT this is a high ceiling hire. Check stats from Marshall last year. Offense will be on another level.

Reactions: TNRazor

VN Store

Back