Tonight's Scrimmage

Josh isn't coughing any more, and that worries me, any change in health is concerning. I hope he's okay and isn't going to kick the bucket before the season starts.

At the same time, no one is going to take him seriously until he learns how to shave. Can't win championships without looking like a professional business manager. Would you go get your mortgage refinanced from this man? See what I mean?

Heh. Josh is good to go, he's the man. There's a segment of our fan base who are perplexing to me.

Go Vols!

Clearly Bishop has had a strong spring, exited for him.

"The running backs tonight, you brought up DeSean Bishop. I thought he ran extremely well tonight. Without watching the film, I’d say probably his best football that he’s played this spring. He’s a guy coming back off of injury that is getting more comfortable as he’s gone through the spring, so really like what he did. Khalifa (Keith) had a good night, too.”

Last edited:
Clearly Bishop has had this spring, exited for him.

"The running backs tonight, you brought up DeSean Bishop. I thought he ran extremely well tonight. Without watching the film, I’d say probably his best football that he’s played this spring. He’s a guy coming back off of injury that is getting more comfortable as he’s gone through the spring, so really like what he did. Khalifa (Keith) had a good night, too.”
DS can help this team, esp at returner.

Khalifa too, we need a short yardage dude

For me, the greatest comment from the article was the following:
"Defensively, I thought they started extremely fast and violent and destructive, got off the field on third downs and did a great job offensively and settled in on the second half of the scrimmage," Heupel added.

Source:
I'm hoping the entire defense plays like a bunch of ornery men that echoes the infamous Jake (Nasty) McNiece paratroopers. The masters of mayhem hellions, that even our own coaches fear sending them onto the field, even with the game on the line with 20 seconds to play.

Last edited:
I wish I could be there. Neyland is such a special place to me.

Can't wait to be at a game this fall.
If any of you all have read "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom, you'll know what I'm talking about. When I'm no longer of this life, my heaven will be living in Knoxville and visiting Neyland with my wife every weekend in the Fall.

Josh isn't coughing any more, and that worries me, any change in health is concerning. I hope he's okay and isn't going to kick the bucket before the season starts.

At the same time, no one is going to take him seriously until he learns how to shave. Can't win championships without looking like a professional business manager. Would you go get your mortgage refinanced from this man? See what I mean?

Heh. Josh is good to go, he's the man. There's a segment of our fan base who are perplexing to me.

Go Vols!
I don't mind the lack of shaving, but he's gotten so heavy, I'm not sure the boys are going to be able to carry him off the field when we win the national championship.

Well, looking at the article below, the thing that stand out for me beyond the Nico praise. [Hey detractors, here's your chance to gang up on me some more] It's what the Heup said about Gaston Moore. I have this sneaky feeling we will see Gas in more than just mop up time this season. In our hyper expectations for I'm uh lovah, I mean Iamaleava, he's still a frosh QB. Untested in SEC level CFB. He will be just fine down the road, but presently, remains an untested Froshie. And Gas is not only very familiar with Heup's system, but has some experience commanding it. I just got this feeling Josh may face a similar Hooker-Milton decision situation. I won't be surprised to see Heup and the Vols at the filling station. Josh Heupel recaps Tennessee's second spring football scrimmage

1712335095798.png

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Well, looking at the article below, the thing that stand out for me beyond the Nico praise. [Hey detractors, here's your chance to gang up on me some more] It's what the Heup said about Gaston Moore. I have this sneaky feeling we will see Gas in more than just mop up time this season. In our hyper expectations for I'm uh lovah, I mean Iamaleava, he's still a frosh QB. Untested in SEC level CFB. He will be just fine down the road, but presently, remains an untested Froshie. And Gas is not only very familiar with Heup's system, but has some experience commanding it. I just got this feeling Josh may face a similar Hooker-Milton decision situation. I won't be surprised to see Heup and the Vols at the filling station. Josh Heupel recaps Tennessee's second spring football scrimmage

View attachment 632068
He's a redshirt freshman who played in 5 games his first year. He comes into this season with twice as many pass attempts as, and one more game started than, Bryce Young had heading into his Heisman winning season.

No, I'm not saying he's going to win the Heisman. But a talent like Nico can absolutely have a great season in his 2nd year, after sitting and learning his first.

He's a redshirt freshman who played in 5 games his first year. He comes into this season with twice as many pass attempts as, and one more game started than, Bryce Young had heading into his Heisman winning season.

No, I'm not saying he's going to win the Heisman. But a talent like Nico can absolutely have a great season in his 2nd year, after sitting and learning his first.
Granted.. And so, you got your take, and I got my take, and neither of us is trying to foist our take on the other. Would be nice if those who get all hot bothered because an opinion is different from their own would just adopt an, "And I think..."

View attachment 632068

lol @ comparing Milton/Hooker decision to Nico/Gaston Moore. Thank goodness you clarified you weren't trying to hoist this ruhtard take on anyone.

View attachment 632068
Tell me you have no idea what you are talking about without telling me you have no idea what you are talking about. There is and will be no decision. Gaston Moore will only play in mop up duty and if there is an injury. Good grief. Also learn how to say our quarterbacks name you idiot..have some respect

Reactions: LibertyVolance
Granted.. And so, you got your take, and I got my take, and neither of us is trying to foist our take on the other. Would be nice if those who get all hot bothered because an opinion is different from their own would just adopt an, "And I think..."
Hopefully Nico is the man this year. (He will) If he only starts next year then he is basically a one and done.

lol @ comparing Milton/Hooker decision to Nico/Gaston Moore. Thank goodness you clarified you weren't trying to hoist this ruhtard take on anyone.
I LOL too at when folks can't abide an opinion that's differs from their own. I also think Putin is actually a Reptoid-Draconian extraterrestrial hybrid with traces of Xenomorph DNA. And that he alternatively plays for Bama and Florida any time they have games with our Vols. I strongly suspect that you, on the other hand, are a Mantis extraterrestrial employed by the Greys to merely laugh on command.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
Hopefully Nico is the man this year. (He will) If he only starts next year then he is basically a one and done.
I doubt he's one and done. It seems he has a good family he listens to. Though he seems to have a touch of cockiness in him, I don't think Nico is stupid. Football isn't basketball, I think he knows if he pulls a John Calipari player move, he's taking an unwise early career ending risk. I'll just bet he's smarter than either of us realize right now.

VN Store

Back