The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

All this love for Auburn is truly weird. They are a good team don’t get me wrong, but this feels like falling way too in love with the metrics rather than their actual wins on the court. They only had 1 Q1 win entering the conference tournament.

All this love for Auburn is truly weird. They are a good team don’t get me wrong, but this feels like falling way too in love with the metrics rather than their actual wins on the court. They only had 1 Q1 win entering the conference tournament.
Yea I was surprised they have better odds than TN

Yea I was surprised they have better odds than TN

It’s not that they have better odds than TN, it’s that they have the 6th best odds of all tournament teams and they are 16th on the seed order according to the Committee. So, either they are vastly under-seeded, or they are over-valued. It’s also weird for them to have the 6th best odds when they have to likely face UConn in the Sweet 16, which is very early. You’d think their odds would take a dip just based on how difficult their path will be to make the Final Four.

This is absolutely ludicrous but I love it. If Tennessee beat Kentucky in the Final Four and Auburn in the National Championship game, there would be a baby boom on Rocky Top that would usher in a new era of economic prosperity in the state of Tennessee for decades. I can’t imagine a more satisfying outcome for Tennessee fans.

This is absolutely ludicrous but I love it. If Tennessee beat Kentucky in the Final Four and Auburn in the National Championship game, there would be a baby boom on Rocky Top that would usher in a new era of economic prosperity in the state of Tennessee for decades. I can’t imagine a more satisfying outcome for Tennessee fans.

On the flip side.....if we made it the NC game only to lose to Auburn......

I don’t think my cardiovascular system can support the stress I’d be under for 10 days if it played out like this.

I guess BTO is not going to post the MSU post-game thread. Would be short anyhow. Something like “we sucked but who cares ‘cause wgwsfa in the tourney this year and the game didn’t matter and helping us get into the right place to succeed”. Go Vols!

Last edited:
Tony Bennet’s recent postseason record might surprise you.

In the last 7 seasons (excluding the Covid season) his postseason record is as follows:

Didn’t make tournament - 1x
Lost in first four game - 1x
Lost in 1st round - 3x
Lost in 2nd round - 1x

And…yah know. Also won the NCAA Champisonhsip once in that timeframe 🤪

In the last 7 seasons (excluding the Covid season) his postseason record is as follows:

Lost in 1st round - 3x
Lost in 2nd round - 1x

That's a perfect microcosm of the randomness of the NCAAT.

Lost in 1st round - 3x
Lost in 2nd round - 1x

Another example is shown below of a coach touted as being a winner who knows how to coach especially in March yet his resume the past 9 seasons (excluding Covid year) shows he misses the tourney almost half the time and goes 1-1 33% of the time:

Missed the tournament: 4x
2nd round exit: 3x
F4 appearance: 1x

Another example is shown below of a coach touted as being a winner who knows how to coach especially in March yet his resume the past 9 seasons (excluding Covid year) shows he misses the tourney almost half the time and goes 1-1 33% of the time:

Missed the tournament: 4x
2nd round exit: 3x
F4 appearance: 1x

By god! That’s Bruce Pearl’s music!

VN Store

Back