Recruiting Football Talk VII

Why...you hoping we lose so you can crow about being right?
InVol hopes that he’s wrong, but doesn’t believe that he is.™

* “I hope I’m wrong, but don’t believe I am” is a registered trademark of NegaVol, Inc. Any use of this mark without the express written consent of NegaVol, Inc. is strictly prohibited.

I'm big in to trends. They're trending down. There's something going on with the psych of this team. I hope I'm wrong but those trends are hard to turn around. If they were competitive, close games, I would feel better. I realize they closed against KY but they were really outclassed. MSSU was about as bad a beating as I've seen in a while. Maybe they prove me wrong but if I were betting, I'd expect an early exit.
Kentucky shot OUT of their freaking minds...and still BARELY won...that is not getting good outclassed, it is just one of those games.

I don't think they threw the MSU game...but I don't think they gave too much of a crap.

We were trending down after A&M also...how did that work out? Why the heck are you going so freaking gloomy?

This is a good team with good players that has just as good a chance as anybody this year.

You say you doubt we win it, then I agree...I do too, it ain't that hard to predict that outcome, it is a freaking crapshoot...but it sure as hell is not because I think this team sucks and doesn't have a chance.
I'm not gloomy. I just have zero expectations for this team. History is on my side too. If I see a team that's not performing up to their ability, If I have to try and talk myself into thinking the last two games were anomalies then maybe they weren't anomalies but an indicator. I desperately hope I'm wrong but I can't ignore the last two games.

Yeah, that's it McGill. You've got me pegged. My gig is up.

BTW when you got chastised for your lower expectations of the football team last fall, were you hoping we'd lose so you'd be proven correct?
He hoped that he was wrong, but didn’t believe that he was.™

* “I hope I’m wrong, but don’t believe I am” is a registered trademark of NegaVol, Inc. Any use of this mark without the express written consent of NegaVol, Inc. is strictly prohibited.

He hoped that he was wrong, but didn’t believe that he was.™

I don't understand why people have a problem with others expressing their concerns. If one says they don't expect a team to perform at a certain level they get hoards of posters trying to prove they are wrong. Many are the same people that will freak out when they don't meet their expectations. I see issues with this team on several levels. I love each and everyone of these players and coaches. I'm not sure what the psyche of this team is but something seems off to me.

I don't understand why people have a problem with others expressing their concerns. If one says they don't expect a team to perform at a certain level they get hoards of posters trying to prove they are wrong. Many are the same people that will freak out when they don't meet their expectations. I see issues with this team on several levels. I love each and everyone of these players and coaches. I'm not sure what the psyche of this team is but something seems off to me.
I dunno, you both seem pretty NegaVol to me. I hope I’m wrong, but don’t believe that I am.™

I'm not gloomy. I just have zero expectations for this team. History is on my side too. If I see a team that's not performing up to their ability, If I have to try and talk myself into thinking the last two games were anomalies then maybe they weren't anomalies but an indicator. I desperately hope I'm wrong but I can't ignore the last two games.
Look...I don't ever have great expectations, but you are just flat out crapping on the team because of a game they barely lost in the last minute to one of the most talented teams in CBB despite that team(loaded with shooters/scorers)having a preternaturally good shooting game...and because of losing a game to team that is a really bad matchup to start with, and then the guys having almost zero reason to play really hard and expend tons of energy and focus.

If/when we lose in the Dance...it won't have a dang thing to do with those two games.

Look...I don't ever have great expectations, but you are just flat out crapping on the team because of a game they barely lost in the last minute to one of the most talented teams in CBB despite that team(loaded with shooters/scorers)having a preternaturally good shooting game...and because of losing a game to team that is a really bad matchup to start with, and then the guys having almost zero reason to play really hard and expend tons of energy and focus.

If/when we lose in the Dance...it won't have a dang thing to do with those two games.
How is saying I don't expect them to get beyond the sweet 16 crapping all over the team?

Yeah, that's it McGill. You've got me pegged. My gig is up.

BTW when you got chastised for your lower expectations of the football team last fall, were you hoping we'd lose so you'd be proven correct?
No...I 100% wasn't...and I sure as hell did not say "I like my chances" of being right.

I dunno, you both seem pretty NegaVol to me. I hope I’m wrong, but don’t believe that I am.™

So if you don't believe a team will make the final 8 is a negavol? So to be in the cool kids club you have to believe they'll win it all?

Sorry...I get it, maybe it is just the way you came off.

And I told you yesterday..the team was wore out.

Reactions: KptVFL

I am not, if you don't see the difference in me and Chiggerwhore and his ilk...then you are blind.

Reactions: KptVFL

VN Store

Back