1 second left and you don't offer any defense?

Holy Mackerel! Why was Key standing in the paint when her man is at the top of the key? I can take losing to a better team but I cannot take losing because of stupidity!!:mad:
I was at a standstill when I saw that. Was that the defense that KH set up or did someone miss their position. What a terrible way to lose, OMG!

I really want to hear what she said about the play. If someone has that please post it.

She acknowledges it was a mistake and that in a final play like that, everyone is a shooter. They wanted Tamari in the paint, but Rickea back "in the play."

I feel for her. Unlike many here, I think her coaching has actually improved, and this was the opportunity to show that. Just another symptom of this unlucky season.

Why were we guarding the inbounds too? Play 5 on 4. So many blunders...
We weren’t even really guarding the inbounds. She was way off just standing there. Not sure what her purpose was. Either get up in the inbounders face or turn around and be in position to go to any player that pops open.

Reactions: amorange
Holy Mackerel! Why was Key standing in the paint when her man is at the top of the key? I can take losing to a better team but I cannot take losing because of stupidity!!:mad:
They were doing exactly what there were told to do, not guard her. You leave no-one open from three when one shot will beat you. It was stupid alright I agree with that, but it was the coach that has been stupid most of the year. She had 2 timeouts left to set up the defense, and refused to use one. I hope she never walks the sideline again in Knoxville as a coach

Then she's got to call the time out, even if it's going to give Staley more time to plan.
What can you plan with one second to go, any competent Coach would have used a timeout. She has given up big leads all of her career without using a timeout, and then have them left on the board at the end of the game. It's past time for her to go

Reactions: Tnphil
If that's the case why wasn't the coaches yelling that prior to the inbound pass instead of watching the day go by

She could’ve called a timeout. She has to be quick on her feet in that situation. (It also shows she hasn’t been in that kind of situation that much on a big stage like tonight)

She could’ve called a timeout. She has to be quick on her feet in that situation. (It also shows she hasn’t been in that kind of situation that much on a big stage like tonight)
I don't believe they had any timeouts but they did have a foul to give. After watching the play over 2 Tennessee defenders didn't guard anyone they just stood and watched the play

Reactions: amorange
Actually, because they were inbounding from half court, I would be okay with Key in the paint, but the remaining 4 should be manned up.

Reactions: Raebo
I was at a standstill when I saw that. Was that the defense that KH set up or did someone miss their position. What a terrible way to lose, OMG!
She didn’t set up a defense. Couple of timeouts. See Rickea and TK standing in no-man’s land. Use a TO. Such a disappointment. Maybe this is CP3’s last year and they can steal her away from commentating. When Dawn started coaching she was still in the W. That might give her a big advantage with recruiting. Problem is I dont see her moving her family to Tennessee given its current climate.

VN Store

Back