Ncaa done shuts down investigation

So in the mean time no nil rules at all?
Yes, there are NIL rules in existence. The ones that discuss Collective Bargaining Agencies and Boosters donations are not. Some of the rules that were either Retroactive or new are on hold but cannot be applied. In other words, the NCAA is like a toothless and clawless pussy cat.

Never in doubt. Now throw out the NCAA and the targeting rule with them.

:)
Jesus… throw out a rule that protects players brains? 🤦‍♂️ I hate the ncaa too but that was something they got right. Now the refs should be trained better to call it more accurately but preventing concussions is a really good idea.

I think folks tend to over-estimate the degree to which these NIL court decisions will affect the viability of the NCAA.

It is a big organization that does a huge amount of stuff.

Setting aside recruitment and eligibility enforcement actions, only some of which have anything to do with NIL, there are:

(a) A host of other rules in the NCAA college sports rule books. One big massive book for each sport, in some cases, more than one book for each sport because Division II might have somewhat different rules than Division 1 and Division 3, etc. All of those rule books need to be maintained by the NCAA. They all need to be updated from time to time by committees of representatives of the schools and conferences, hosted by the NCAA. They also need to be enforced; the on-field rules are enforced by the conferences (they hire their own referees) but the off-field rules are enforced by the NCAA.

(b) Championship tournaments to run, for all but FBS, in dozens of sports at several divisional levels. March Madness, of course, but also the soccer, track and field, swimming, volleyball, etc., etc., etc. At each divisional level. Lots of tournaments, year-round. The NCAA plans, coordinates, hosts, mans, and cleans up after all of those.

As those two examples show, the NCAA does a lot of things. Only one small part of which is enforcing the recruiting rules of Division I money sports.

Someone has to do all those things. If the NCAA were to go away (but why would they, given all these jobs?), we'd have to create a new NCAA just to do it all.

In short, the NCAA isn't going anywhere. They're only out of the business of enforcing the NIL element of recruitment.

Go Vols!
With the SEC and BIG cooperating on their "plan for the future" committee, don't get the house payment on the NCAA staying viable.

The 12 team playoff starts this season, with the possibility of further expansion in 2 years. The NCAA isn't involved in the playoffs.

The conferences enforce their own in field rules, so it's a small step to doing it for off the field issues.

The NCAA has screwed up in every major off field issue. NIL. Transfers. Eligibility. Investigations. They are getting sued for millions upon millions for retroactive reimbursement by athletes who were illegally denied NIL money. The House vs. NCAA case is the tip of that iceberg.

It would be very easy for conferences to start their own BB playoffs, boycott March Madness, and turn it into a other NIT.

With the probability that Division 1 football, MBB, and WBB athletes will soon be paid employees of the universities, that's another nail in the NCAA's coffin. They're already in it.

The b*&^stards that threw Tennessee under the bus, should have to make a public apology. The NCAA is afraid of UT coming after them for defamation suit. I'm sure there are behind closed doors going on, to negotiate a quite resolution though.
Nobody outside of the NCAA threw Tennessee under the bus with the Exceptions of Georgia, Alabama, Florida or Nick Saban.
If I were a betting man I would say that Nick Saban was as much of a culprit regarding NIL as all of them.
The NCAA felt we were the best sacrificial lamb to prove their authority and point.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
LOL, the NCAA has no case, there will be no more of this BS.
I don’t think they have a case either but I’m holding off on declaring victory until the case is either officially dropped because the NCAA backed out or has been officially decided in UT’s favor. Unless I’m missing something there is still a case going to trial. Thankfully with the temporary injunction they can’t “investigate” us in the meantime or do anything about Nico. That’s a win in the meantime for sure.

Reactions: mickey1969
Like the IRS . I wish everyone in this country would stand up and say no . We are not paying. All either part does is waste our hard earned money on things most of us do not want or care about.
You First. The good news is you will soon qualify for long term free housing, food, and medical care courtesy of Uncle Sam. As much as I agree with your sentiment; I am not THAT foolish 😂

I don’t think they have a case either but I’m holding off on declaring victory until the case is either officially dropped because the NCAA backed out or has been officially decided in UT’s favor. Unless I’m missing something there is still a case going to trial. Thankfully with the temporary injunction they can’t “investigate” us in the meantime or do anything about Nico. That’s a win in the meantime for sure.
They can't do anything about Nico, period.

Nobody outside of the NCAA threw Tennessee under the bus with the Exceptions of Georgia, Alabama, Florida or Nick Saban.
If I were a betting man I would say that Nick Saban was as much of a culprit regarding NIL as all of them.
The NCAA felt we were the best sacrificial lamb to prove their authority and point.
My bet is on GA. We reeled in a few recruits they were after, and Shazam, the NCAA comes knocking. Couple this with the fact that the President of GA is on the NCAA board and it becomes pretty obvious. And lastly, ask yourself who’s the two biggest pain the arse for GA, both in and out of season (UT and FL) and coincidentally both of these schools are getting harassed by the NCAA. SMH. GBO!!

I think folks tend to over-estimate the degree to which these NIL court decisions will affect the viability of the NCAA.

It is a big organization that does a huge amount of stuff.

Setting aside recruitment and eligibility enforcement actions, only some of which have anything to do with NIL, there are:

(a) A host of other rules in the NCAA college sports rule books. One big massive book for each sport, in some cases, more than one book for each sport because Division II might have somewhat different rules than Division 1 and Division 3, etc. All of those rule books need to be maintained by the NCAA. They all need to be updated from time to time by committees of representatives of the schools and conferences, hosted by the NCAA. They also need to be enforced; the on-field rules are enforced by the conferences (they hire their own referees) but the off-field rules are enforced by the NCAA.

(b) Championship tournaments to run, for all but FBS, in dozens of sports at several divisional levels. March Madness, of course, but also the soccer, track and field, swimming, volleyball, etc., etc., etc. At each divisional level. Lots of tournaments, year-round. The NCAA plans, coordinates, hosts, mans, and cleans up after all of those.

As those two examples show, the NCAA does a lot of things. Only one small part of which is enforcing the recruiting rules of Division I money sports.

Someone has to do all those things. If the NCAA were to go away (but why would they, given all these jobs?), we'd have to create a new NCAA just to do it all.

In short, the NCAA isn't going anywhere. They're only out of the business of enforcing the NIL element of recruitment.

Go Vols!
Insolvency is insolvency.

Never in doubt. Now throw out the NCAA and the targeting rule with them.

:)
There needs to be a targeting rule. However there shouldn't be a penalty unless it is deemed intentional. Too many kids are booted out of a game because of a bang bang play that the contact cannot be avoided. I'm with you on the NCAA though.

Let them stick around long enough to punish Michigan
The very fact they HAVEN‘T punished Michigan yet but that they are going after UT for something as petty as a plane ride is all the evidence we need that NCAA exists solely for the purpose of protecting the existing blue bloods while harassing any school like Tennessee that threatens to break into the closely guarded „club“

Jesus… throw out a rule that protects players brains? 🤦‍♂️ I hate the ncaa too but that was something they got right. Now the refs should be trained better to call it more accurately but preventing concussions is a really good idea.
I agree but no player deserves to be kicked out of the game if it is obvious their wasn’t malicious intent. Players have adjusted well overall, at least half or more times these days the call is overturned. But only when it is wreckless or looks blatantly malicious should a player be thrown out. I think most agree with this and the rules committee needs to get this right. GBO

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Like the IRS . I wish everyone in this country would stand up and say no . We are not paying. All either part does is waste our hard earned money on things most of us do not want or care about.
I mean, MREs for our troops stationed domestically and abroad feels like a money well spent.

I’m also a fan of aircraft carriers. Also mobile field artillery pieces. And parachutes.

Interstates are also nice. Oh and don’t forget air traffic control systems at airports. Airports are best without so much crashing.

You think for one second these MFs won't go after UT with a frenzied vengeance if things don't go our way in court. Better buckle up...let's get ready to go to the Supreme Court to take these mothers down. Freedom!!
They’ll look for any little possible violation that isn’t NIL related so they can hit us with repeat offender punishments.

VN Store

Back