Recruiting Football Talk VII

This is the part where our fans start debating about which is better - the last 1 seed or the top 2 seed. Then we lose some games, end up as a 3, and everyone wants to fire Barnes.
Who the heck cares? All that matters is where you end the Dance, not where you start it.

The fact is...we are going to lose a few more games...that last stretch is brutal, so everybody might as well gird their loins...if it does happen that we win big down the stretch...then that is awesome, but it doesn't matter a dang to me.

All that matters is how we play in the Tournament...if we play our best, then we have as good a chance as anybody to win it whether we lose 5-6 or 7-8 going in.

Stop worrying. Everything is fine. The coaches know what they are doing.
PuaIfX.gif

Reactions: Weezer
Please recall that this upcoming hearing on the temporary injunction does not mean that the case itself is decided, win or lose. The case itself ultimately will have to be heard and judged on its merits, unless there is a settlement beforehand.

But this injunction is extremely important because it would compel the NCAA to refrain from further action against UT until the case is later decided.

It would do a lot to lift the cloud on UT recruiting that has resulted from the NCAA's biased and wrongful action. The intentional infliction of damage to recruiting (even in the event that UT was not at fault in this matter) appears to be one reason for the NCAA to leak its investigation (against the spirit of its own rules), instead of meeting with UT to discuss the issue, as Chancellor Plowman had requested. The NCAA ghosted her. And then, in effect, violated its own rule against commenting on ongoing cases by the underhanded method of commenting on its investigation to journalists.

It is worth noticing, too, that very many -- perhaps almost all -- news articles pertaining to this case omit the fact that the NCAA changed its rules after the time that the subject of its investigation occurred. The NCAA is presently seeking to enforce ex post facto rules and definitions on event before the rules were in place. This is a highly disreputable practice. However, many articles will wrongly and lazily or deceitfully say simply that UT's action was in violation of rules.

If you think about it, this ex post facto rigging by the NCAA strongly suggests that the NCAA and its lawyers did not think that UT could have been found to have violated NCAA rules as they existed at the time of signing Nico. It further suggests that NCAA was attempting to single out Tennessee for unwarranted punishment (in the context of ignoring all cases all over the country). Otherwise, wouldn't the NCAA have simply chosen any other case that actually followed the rules changes?

There also exist multiple statements by the NCAA itself and other prominent coaches that corroborate this view that there was no pertinent NCAA policy in effect at the time. This is also omitted from most accounts.

Last edited:
Ok.

But what has anyone done to stop these supposed conspiracies you're so convinced of?

Even the UK basketball ball fans attempted to gather all the data and make a website. That could at least be presented.

Talk is cheap, if you really believe it.

The Pizzagate dude knew to take action when he saw a clear and obvious conspiracy at his nation's doorstep...
😎

I just heard on 99.1 that it's a done deal.

I'm happy for Jerry Mack and he will be missed. Tyler/Will said he had 3 kids, so moving on to the NFL will free up some time, because he doesn't have to recruit anymore. It makes sense and it looks good that Heupel's assistants are desired by the NFL. Good luck, Coach Mack!

On the bright side........

It's coach search season on VN!

GBO

Last edited:

I'm happy for Jerry Mack and he will be missed. Tyler/Will said he had 3 kids, so moving up to the NFL will free up some time because he doesn't have to recruit. It makes sense and it looks good that Heupel's assistants are desired by the NFL. Good luck!

But, on the bright side........

GBO
Aston Walter probably already on staff

I'm happy for Jerry Mack and he will be missed. Tyler/Will said he had 3 kids, so moving on to the NFL will free up some time, because he doesn't have to recruit anymore. It makes sense and it looks good that Heupel's assistants are desired by the NFL. Good luck, Coach Mack!

But, on the bright side........

GBO
🤦‍♂️ I hate this crap

They [Ohio State] aren’t messing around this off-season
Ohio State would have been a logical team for the NCAA to hit with NIL violations. But they are one of the NCAA favorites who will not be touched.

Does anyone think Ohio State didn't discuss NIL with Carnell Tate before national signing day? And that is only a single -- and hardly the largest -- example.

The un-level playing field that the NCAA deliberately rigs up on a continual basis is disgusting. And it should be the subject of a lawsuit by multiple teams.

The NCAA does know (accidentally! 😂) that UGA made illegal payments to Washington and Mims. Etc. Etc.

They stalled for Michigan for two years as a matter of policy on multiple investigations. The list goes on and on.

Ohio State would have been a logical team for the NCAA to hit with NIL violations. But they are one of the NCAA favorites who will not be touched.

Does anyone think Ohio State didn't discuss NIL with Carnell Tate before national signing day? And that is only a single -- and hardly the largest -- example.

The un-level playing field that the NCAA deliberately rigs up on a continual basis is disgusting. And it should be the subject of a lawsuit by multiple teams.

The NCAA does know (accidentally! 😂) that UGA made illegal payments to Washington and Mims. Etc. Etc.

They stalled for Michigan for two years as a matter of policy on multiple investigations. The list goes on and on.
Which is why scorched earth is the only way to go with them. They have destroyed all credibility. The general public no longer believes or trusts anything they say or do.

Who the heck cares? All that matters is where you end the Dance, not where you start it.

The fact is...we are going to lose a few more games...that last stretch is brutal, so everybody might as well gird their loins...if it does happen that we win big down the stretch...then that is awesome, but it doesn't matter a dang to me.

All that matters is how we play in the Tournament...if we play our best, then we have as good a chance as anybody to win it whether we lose 5-6 or 7-8 going in.
Good post.

100% agree finishing is most important. And we'll drop a couple more before the Big Dance. Seeding is whatever.

That said, it's not everything to me. I think it was old Checkerboards that said multiple conference titles and huge regular season wins meant nothing, without a national championship. I don't think you would agree with that either.

Big-time wins over the likes of UK and Bama matter to me regardless of season outcome. Those are great memories (which is really all the totality of sports end up as...). Winning the SEC regular season or tourney would be great memories as well. The losses aren't that big a deal, which I believe is what you were getting at.

The negas that don't understand basketball will pile on (to their very little pile) when we lose a couple more times, while progessing is really the ultimate end-game in basketball.

VN Store

Back