First They Came for the Confederate Statues, Then they came for the...

End Wokeness is cancer lol, the staunch pro-slavery guy being framed as honorable Vice President while the anti-slavery guy is "genocidal terrorist" is typical for them
Anyone who has studied history knows it’s a lot more complicated than that, which is why all historical statues need to be left alone imo.. getting rid of things doesn’t wipe out history.. if they want to add statues here and there for various things retroactively (Franklin did this).. it seems like a better compromise

Anyone who has studied history knows it’s a lot more complicated than that, which is why all historical statues need to be left alone imo.. getting rid of things doesn’t wipe out history.. if they want to add statues here and there for various things retroactively (Franklin did this).. it seems like a better compromise
It's really not that complicated, mostly just that the South has a bunch of people with Confederate ancestors that need to be coddled and get mad when anyone says they were fighting on the slavery side

It's really not that complicated, mostly just that the South has a bunch of people with Confederate ancestors that need to be coddled and get mad when anyone says they were fighting on the slavery side
Not really.. knocking everything down is very 1984ish and not a road we need to go down.. a statue sitting there does not hurt you.. just like people having nose rings and purple hair doesn’t hurt me lol… all of the people in history were flawed, rarely was someone completely bad or completely good.. it just was

Not really.. knocking everything down is very 1984ish and not a road we need to go down.. a statue sitting there does not hurt you.. just like people having nose rings and purple hair doesn’t hurt me lol… all of the people in history were flawed, rarely was someone completely bad or completely good.. it just was
Almost all the statues were erected to honor those who fought to defend their home states against invaders. That's deserving of admiration. We should do a better job teaching the good and bad of our history.

Almost all the statues were erected to honor those who fought to defend their home states against invaders. That's deserving of admiration. We should do a better job teaching the good and bad of our history.
Many were indeed erected as warnings - 100 years after the War.

Point was it was never gonna stop with those dastardly Confederate stone statues. It was always going to metastasize and spread.

And it has.

Reactions: EasternVol
Many were indeed erected as warnings - 100 years after the War.

Point was it was never gonna stop with those dastardly Confederate stone statues. It was always going to metastasize and spread.

And it has.
Uh, what was going to spread?
edit: derp, now I get it. Yes it has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 85SugarVol
Something tells me this will not go well for them.
Oh yea some are already mad about it. But they voted 5-1 on it.

Who’s gonna step in and reverse them? The state of Virginia?

Is the Federal government gonna threaten to withhold highway funds lol?

If and when the Democrats get back in power they'll push. Northam sent a letter to the Lee County (named in 1792) schools asking them to change Lee High's name.

Reactions: 85SugarVol
If and when the Democrats get back in power they'll push. Northam sent a letter to the Lee County (named in 1792) schools asking them to change Lee High's name.
Northam was a clown.

But sure. I imagine they’ll push to change again if given the chance.

All this name changing is just a silly, ridiculous waste of time.

My guess is the fed Dept of Education (that great and noble institution) will threaten to withhold funds.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Everytime there is a movement to change this/change that; there are two questions to ask:

1) what does society get in return?
2) how will that return be quantified?

ROI.

Perhaps, but the bigger issue is that you can't look at the past and judge based on 2017 morals and thinking. Nor should we be cleansing history to appease the fragile minds of the modern generation.
Your premise is false, will say more later. PERSONALLY, I think defacing statues in infantile and stupid. They may have been sculptured and mounted to honor some yokel or another. But, they also serve as a reminder of past misguided thinking and behavior. People have a nasty habit of repeating the past, some even cherish doing that. So, the things remind people the cost of such conduct and attitudes. As for those who think as you do, Burhead, if you can't look at the past and judge based on 2017 morals and thinking, we don't folks like you advocate removing the statues which represent that past? Because you haven't learned anything, nor changed and discarded past morals and thinking. Your last sentence testifies of that very thing. Both sides are looking at these graven idols the wrong way.

There are obvious statues where the purpose was to intimidate AA. Nathan Bedford Forest has no connection to the State of GA but has statues there pointing out how he was the first wizard of the KKK.

Reactions: NashVol11
If any Dems get back in charge in that area, it will be transplants from Northern VA. I was surprised it was changed in the first place.

VN Store

Back