'25 TN WR Joakim Dodson (Tennessee commit)

Post from respected poster on VQ…

He is very high on Vols. I was watching his father work him out recently and he was wearing all orange. His father Dame was a great receiver at Westwood and U of M. I believe he still is the state all time leading receiver. JD runs smooth routes and catches everything. Speep is way above average. Vols targeted him early and it should payoff. The big boys are coming after him.

“I’ve known about Tennessee for the longest. I’m a Tennessee native. I come from Memphis. Tennessee, every time you walk around town you’re going to see Orange no matter what part of Tennessee you’re in,” Dodson said. 

“I love it. Tennessee has so much rich culture here. Every time I come here it’s all love. I’m a Tennessee guy and Tennessee makes me feel at home every time.”

Tennessee pulled the trigger on an early offer for Dodson this past spring, something that he’d been hoping for since the Vols first reached out to him during his freshman season. He makes no secret about the fact that he could see himself in Tennessee Orange, a feeling that really set in for him when he attended last October’s thrilling 52-49 Tennessee win over Alabama.

“It meant a lot to get the offer because they’ve been recruiting me since my 9th grade year. I always wanted it (the offer). I came to the Bama game (last year) and was like ‘man I’d love to play at Tennessee,’” Dodson shared.

“They’ve been on me since 9th grade, before they even offered me. I have relationships here. I just love everything about Tennessee; the culture, Coach Heupel, Coach Pope, Coach Mack, love everything about them.

VQ

Tennessee has shown a lot of interest in 2025 in-state WR Joakim Dodson. The speedy pass catcher has a lot of potential and is feeling the love from the Vols early on. He will be in town later next month or early in February for a junior day visit. Missouri is the other program pushing early, but the Vols are out to a good start in this one, in our opinion.
-VQ

This kid is somebody that will end up in some American Conference team and end up getting drafted into the NFL 4 years from now. Good basketball player with a lot of athletic ability.

Tennessee can only take so many, but this kid will be something in the future.

I don't know how I missed it, but he is the son of Damien Dodson who is a Memphis high school legend. I think he led the nation in receiving yards his senior year. He played at Memphis Westwood and his QB was Kenton Evans. Unbelievable combo. Had the opportunity to see them in person when they were knocked out of the playoffs by my 2 younger brothers at Beech High School.

“I’ve known about Tennessee for the longest. I’m a Tennessee native. I come from Memphis. Tennessee, every time you walk around town you’re going to see Orange no matter what part of Tennessee you’re in,” Dodson said. 

“I love it. Tennessee has so much rich culture here. Every time I come here it’s all love. I’m a Tennessee guy and Tennessee makes me feel at home every time.”

Tennessee pulled the trigger on an early offer for Dodson this past spring, something that he’d been hoping for since the Vols first reached out to him during his freshman season. He makes no secret about the fact that he could see himself in Tennessee Orange, a feeling that really set in for him when he attended last October’s thrilling 52-49 Tennessee win over Alabama.

“It meant a lot to get the offer because they’ve been recruiting me since my 9th grade year. I always wanted it (the offer). I came to the Bama game (last year) and was like ‘man I’d love to play at Tennessee,’” Dodson shared.

“They’ve been on me since 9th grade, before they even offered me. I have relationships here. I just love everything about Tennessee; the culture, Coach Heupel, Coach Pope, Coach Mack, love everything about them.

VQ
Dag, long time since we've heard that. Pretty cool. 25 could be one for the books.

I don't know how I missed it, but he is the son of Damien Dodson who is a Memphis high school legend. I think he led the nation in receiving yards his senior year. He played at Memphis Westwood and his QB was Kenton Evans. Unbelievable combo. Had the opportunity to see them in person when they were knocked out of the playoffs by my 2 younger brothers at Beech High School.
I also remember playing that Westwood team the year before that in 94 when Haywood beat them by a touchdown I believe. I remember there being a lot of people at that game. The following week I believe Haywood knocked off brentwood academy at Brownsville 7-3.

I also remember playing that Westwood team the year before that in 94 when Haywood beat them by a touchdown I believe. I remember there being a lot of people at that game. The following week I believe Haywood knocked off brentwood academy at Brownsville 7-3.
Yep. That was '95 when Beech beat Westwood. Haywood also beat Beech in the state semi-final game the following week on a controversial goal line stand to end the game. Good times.

Good hands. Many of the highlights have him coming down with contested catches…which also shows why he is not rated higher. He does not appear to gain a lot of separation. But he keeps coming down with the ball 🏈 and that is a special thing. Nice prospect.
He gets plenty of separation.

Unfortunately , his QB always throws late and that allows the DB to catch up as Dodson has to slow down for the ball.

Per the pod, we are trending with Dodson more than any other recruit after junior day

Side note, Callahan loves Dodson and expects him to shoot up the rankings

What pod? I thought that doesn’t come out for about 7 more minutes

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back