Joe Milton at Senior Bowl

I love Joe as a person but he's not a good QB. But someone will probably take a chance on him.
I agree with you about Joe on everything you said. Many taking up for Joe all year, been saying its the ol or the wr. Well he is playing with the best now. I guess some can see now why so many short passes, screens, etc. I still feel we wasted a year of Nico by going with Joe this past year.

I agree with you about Joe on everything you said. Many taking up for Joe all year, been saying its the ol or the wr. Well he is playing with the best now. I guess some can see now why so many short passes, screens, etc. I still feel we wasted a year of Nico by going with Joe this past year.
Nico redshirted…he didn’t waste a year

Crazy thing is with expanded practice squad rosters etc…he will collect some type of NFL paycheck for at least 5 years. Probably get a pension out of it as well.

Reactions: Ratvol
Wish the best for Joe but, that was some awful play in the Senior Bowl. Hope this means our team will be much improved with Nico at the QB position.

Yeah but he didn’t waste a year theoretically which was your argument…
Well he didn't play this year, is what I meant, he could have played and imo we would not have lost a game that we won with Nico in the game. And by the middle of the season, Nico would have been going really good. Not playing this year is what I meant by wasting a year. If you are watching the senior bowl, you see what Joe is doing with a good ol, and good wr. Nothing really except a sack on the first series and two int. no score.

Unfair to grade a QB on a game where there was only 1 week worth of practice all of the QBs didn’t look good. Milton isn’t good but this is not the performance to grade him on imo

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Well he didn't play this year, is what I meant, he could have played and imo we would not have lost a game that we won with Nico in the game. And by the middle of the season, Nico would have been going really good. Not playing this year is what I meant by wasting a year. If you are watching the senior bowl, you see what Joe is doing with a good ol, and good wr. Nothing really except a sack on the first series and two int. no score.
There is a reason that most freshman QBs dont start the season in most cases.. Joe earned his playing time this year and no reason to push Nico when he was not ready in the eyes and opinion of CJH and staff. Putting Nico out there too soon could have had really negative affects on his progress.

There is a reason that most freshman QBs dont start the season in most cases.. Joe earned his playing time this year and no reason to push Nico when he was not ready in the eyes and opinion of CJH and staff. Putting Nico out there too soon could have had really negative affects on his progress.
My opinion along with many others is, if you have a senior qb playing and he is doing good, you go with him over the freshman, but if the senior is not doing good, you go with the freshman. Probably Nico wasn't ready, but it would have very valuable experience for him in the future to have got the playing time this year. Joe was as good as he was going to be, but you have a much higher ceiling with the freshman. Just my opinion that Nico, even though he may not have been ready, would have done just as well as Joe from the beginning. And by midseason, would have been better.

My opinion along with many others is, if you have a senior qb playing and he is doing good, you go with him over the freshman, but if the senior is not doing good, you go with the freshman. Probably Nico wasn't ready, but it would have very valuable experience for him in the future to have got the playing time this year. Joe was as good as he was going to be, but you have a much higher ceiling with the freshman. Just my opinion that Nico, even though he may not have been ready, would have done just as well as Joe from the beginning. And by midseason, would have been better.
We won 8 games this year in the regular season......Joe wasnt great, but he wasnt absolutely awful either. Again, none of us here know if Nico was ready. If you have faith in CJH, then probably should go with HIS opinion as he has millions of reasons to get it right.

Crazy thing is with expanded practice squad rosters etc…he will collect some type of NFL paycheck for at least 5 years. Probably get a pension out of it as well.
Unless he improves a lot, there is no way he will get pension. I am not sure he could be a coach either.

Unfair to grade a QB on a game where there was only 1 week worth of practice all of the QBs didn’t look good. Milton isn’t good but this is not the performance to grade him on imo
He makes the same mistakes when he plays. He just doesn't seem to be able to grasp what he does wrong, or improve at correcting those mistakes.

It’s his decision making which has nothing to do with whether he practiced one day, one week or one year. He took a sack on first dropback, could have run at least twice with wide open field, threw pick by throwing back across the field. None of those have to do with practice at this point, just bad decisions.

We won 8 games this year in the regular season......Joe wasnt great, but he wasnt absolutely awful either. Again, none of us here know if Nico was ready. If you have faith in CJH, then probably should go with HIS opinion as he has millions of reasons to get it right.
imo we would have won 9 games with Nico, I think we. would have beat Fla. We only scored 16 points. I do believe we have the right coach in Hype. And I believe the only reason Joe was playing this year was Hype was afraid he would lose the locker room if he pulled Joe. But imo Joe was way below average in qb play. He got his stats from short passes, none hardly down field passing with any consistency. But when I think about it, I do trust Hypes decisions, I totally agree with you on that.

I very seriously doubt he gets drafted. He's a one read QB. That doesn't work at all in the NFL, arm strength or not.
That's what it looks like to the layman. I have it on good authority that the receivers run option routes, meaning they take the best direction at the top of the route stem. The QB has to wait for that break to occur. Another thing that does a disservice to the QBs is that they are taught to stand flat-footed in the pocket instead of up on their toes so that when they get the sight picture they want, they can plant their feet and be in the best position to make the throw. I think that hurts them and will have to be corrected at the next level.

Atlanta is like Detroit, and Ryan is like Matthew Stafford= good QB's that got stuck on suck teams that had no dedication to building a winning program. Ryan did lose to the Pats in a Superbowl, and that is how he will be remembered. In his prime, one of the best . Atlanta this year would play good one game, suck the next, beat good teams and then lose to bad teams and to me, that is a sign of coaching not prepping or coaching them to be the best. Buy hey, I don't watch them as much as you so, just my 2 cents.
Matt Ryan didn't lose the Super Bowl, the defense did! The guy led the offense to put up 28 points! The defense let the Pats back in!

VN Store

Back