UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

Private jets used in NIL in 2021 was legal. There wasn’t any rules broken for image and likeness. You could also pay high school students in 2021, because the states passed that rule. There is no legs here for any college to be investigated.
This! GBO, the NCAA is trying to cut Tennessee’s head off to gain power. They are not a fair minded governing body that is now reaching to save power. Tennessee has been forced to fight, the NCAA has poked to many times. Unequal rulings, long duration rulings almost always. They had years to make something work and never tried anything but to play favorites. Yes we need a governing body but it’s not like that power 5 can’t start there own and get everyone on the same page that works together and equally with all schools to play by the same rules. GBO

The sad thing is: lots of colleges cannot afford to pay football and basketball players, much less when other sports sue to be treated equally and paid also.

Athletes won't have scholarship opportunities if other sports are dropped because schools can't afford non-revenue sports. Non elite athletes won't be able to play football because how is a small school going to be able to pay them?

Removing the revenue sports from the colleges removes UT Vols to the Knoxville Vols, who rent Neyland, the Power T, etc from the school.

Does that sound wonderful? Not to me.
that won't happen.... with the NCAA removed, there will be more money for other sports.

The timing of this really is a head scratcher. Of all the problems the NCAA has to deal with, I can't comprehend why they would try to pick a fight with Tennessee with such a weak case. This could be the nail in their coffin. They have a national champion that was blatantly stealing signals and mountains of evidence. There are gambling issues. The referees are getting worse by the day. Yet they are trying to make a case against UT over something that every major program in the country openly does. It doesn't make sense.
They did this to TAKE spotlight off of the crooked Michigan winning the CFP and Harbaugh leaving punishment free.

This is all a distraction and they thought wounded UT would agree to minor penalties like FSU to make it go away. They are trying to kill the collectives one by one.

Mark the tape I have 3 predictions:

1) Florida AG joins suit by Monday EOD
2) Spyre fills their own lawsuit by EOW next week
3) Texas and/or Ohio AG joins lawsuit by EOW next week

NCAA miscalculated how UT would handle this one based on being afraid of LOI. They never expected this kind of swift response before they had even officially handed down the Allegations.

Plowman's letter said nothing of the sort, however. She merely observed that Tennessee's current administration has a recent history of cooperation with the NCAA's Committee on Infractions, and she suggested that this prior cooperation should lend credibility to her vehement denials of the current allegations.

Finebaum is reading more into her letter than what was explicitly written. Perhaps because he is a University of Tennessee graduate, or maybe it's because his core audience has always been comprised of Alabama and Auburn fans, Finebaum will frequently be over-critical of Tennessee in effort to make it clear that he is not opining as a Vol fan.
Auburn would need to be worried with their recruiting class

Just keep wondering who dropped news to SI who desperately needed the views. It smells like a conspiracy to me. They should look into the connection between SI and wherever the info came from.
Honestly, once this all shakes out, every Tennessee fan should get a free shot at kicking Forde right in the nuts. f*** him.

The question is what kind of organization can replace the NCAA? I'm unsure an organization can be created using the "student athlete" model without being immediately sued like the NCAA on Antitrust grounds....... and lose.

Past that, we have the formation of a pro sports league connected to the universities.

I'm not sure any of that is better.

I'm your exact opposite. I want the NCAA to die slowly because I don't see an alternative that looks anything like something the universities should be involved in.

Should the University of Tennessee own pro football, basketball, and baseball franchises?
The NCAA should focus on education and stay the HECK out of sports. They should let the member schools create an Athletic committee to run sports.

EDITED BEFORE POSTING BECAUSE I FORGOT ABOVE: Oh yea the NCAA was created by the schools and the NCAA reports to the schools. It has just become a political monster where no one can make it do sensible things….Kind of like Washington DC.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
This! GBO, the NCAA is trying to cut Tennessee’s head off to gain power. They are not a fair minded governing body that is now reaching to save power. Tennessee has been forced to fight, the NCAA has poked to many times. Unequal rulings, long duration rulings almost always. They had years to make something work and never tried anything but to play favorites. Yes we need a governing body but it’s not like that power 5 can’t start there own and get everyone on the same page that works together and equally with all schools to play by the same rules. GBO
It’s in the best interest for Sanky to start the process with other conference presidents to shove the NCAA down the toilet. The SEC is the most powerful conferences there is, and Is the key to starting a new association. This needs to be done quickly, like now.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
The details were given to the NY Times. This had to come from an ncaa source
People are underestimating UT here. UT wanted this to hit the media so they could release the letter they had been working on for weeks and so the AG could file his suit he has been working on and colluding with Virginia on for weeks.

Some of you are gullible to believe that it was NCAA and not UT that caused all the media leaks.

UT delivered the letter on Monday to NCAA and someone KNEW there was a letter and to FOI request it and UT actually released it ALL by Tuesday afternoon then AG filed Wednesday morning. Come on people think.

UT went on the OFFENSE in December when NCAA President refused to meet with them

People are underestimating UT here. UT wanted this to hit the media so they could release the letter they had been working on for weeks and so the AG could file his suit he has been working on and colluding with Virginia on for weeks.

Some of you are gullible to believe that it was NCAA and not UT that caused all the media leaks.

UT delivered the letter on Monday to NCAA and someone KNEW there was a letter and to FOI request it and UT actually released it ALL by Tuesday afternoon then AG filed Wednesday morning. Come on people think.

UT went on the OFFENSE in December when NCAA President refused to meet with them
Been thinking the same thing. The AG didn't sit up all night drafting that lawsuit, it had been drafted for some time now.

Reactions: Halph66
Was that Jack Sparrow at 0:20? 😂

That's hilarious. One of the first things my son called me and told me after I dropped him off at UT was "uh dad, I just met a pirate". Young man ready to take on the world and one of his first experiences was to run into a guy that is always in pirate persona.

That guy is a campus legend (or whatever you want to call it) apparently - walks all around campus dressed like a pirate, singing shantys, every single and day and never breaks character. "The Pirate Nick" if you ever see him.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back