UT under potential NCAA investigation for NIL

What to troll. We had the Pruitt debacle, we got rather lucky on that matter. Simply, if “major”, it will be a disaster
Dude, you posted over 20 times in 30 minutes on the same topic across 3 different threads .... with each post assuming the worst case scenario for Tennessee. You are trolling.

Forde has an anti-Tennessee agenda. That has been clear for some time. If Trey Wallace's reporting is accurate, then you are jumping the gun, to say the least.

I believe Tenn will come out okay on this one unless there is some really sloppy paperwork that makes it look more pay for play that is known at this time. Imo, tampering is going to be the biggest area whomever ends up enforcing rules will address and then the occasional kid that got screwed over by a NIL deal and wants to talk. My guess is the NCAA will end up looking at Mizzou due to the ability to pay high school kids as well as OM, Colorado and Tamu
You bring up a valid point. The fact this is a state law, along with how we do NIL, means the NCAA truly has no teeth here. Unless we find out hookers and blow are involved, I see this as the NCAA attempting to flex their muscles one last time because they know their power is no longer palpable.

IMO, If any of this is true and "Major"....It will be years before the NCAA rules (If their still around) so we got at least a few years. They got FLA. and UM on deck first..HA

GBO

Reactions: Goose75
Its almost like what the NCAA wants to punish is schools who are using the above board NIL vs the shady booster system like Bama and Georgia.

How on earth can NCAA penalize schools for NIL anyway? The whole point of NIL is it technically has nothing to do with the school.
SCOTUS drug NCAA thru the mud and gave them a tail whopping for the world to see. NCAA is toothless. BUT, SCOTUS did give NCAA power over pay for play, the only thing they can abuse their power on.

It is still illegal to entice any prospect by NIL. It is still illegal to even offer a prospect a NIL deal. NIL is for students after they are signed. But now find me a school anywhere that waits until after a prospect is already on campus. Notice Florida (Rashada) and UT (Nico) are the bullseye for the NCAA since their #s were public knowledge. Nothing more than NCAA trying to save face.

It was less than the cost of one hell cat. We will bring it to the NCAA and humble their butts. They don’t want what’s coming. We will assist to dissolve them. Also, your an ignorant troll and to happy to spread your crappy take.
We'll need to know more details before settling on actions (we being the Athletic Department).

IMO, If any of this is true and "Major"....It will be years before the NCAA rules (If their still around) so we got at least a few years. They got FLA. and UM on deck first..HA

GBO
There is way too much ambiguity governing NIL right now for the NCAA to penalize anyone for violating it's terms, including a school such as Tennessee, which is already on probation.

SCOTUS drug NCAA thru the mud and gave them a tail whopping for the world to see. NCAA is toothless. BUT, SCOTUS did give NCAA power over pay for play, the only thing they can abuse their power on.

It is still illegal to entice any prospect by NIL. It is still illegal to even offer a prospect a NIL deal. NIL is for students after they are signed. But now find me a school anywhere that waits until after a prospect is already on campus. Notice Florida (Rashada) and UT (Nico) are the bullseye for the NCAA since their #s were public knowledge. Nothing more than NCAA trying to save face.
If this is true, then we better see Ryan Day brought to the gallows for his ”this roster cost me $13 million” quote.

Dude, you posted over 20 times in 30 minutes on the same topic across 3 different threads .... with each post assuming the worst case scenario for Tennessee. You are trolling.

Forde has an anti-Tennessee agenda. That has been clear for some time. If Trey Wallace's reporting is accurate, then you are jumping the gun, to say the least.
Guess we will never know :)

It was less than the cost of one hell cat. We will bring it to the NCAA and humble their butts. They don’t want what’s coming. We will assist to dissolve them. Also, you’re an ignorant troll and to happy to spread your crappy take.
Says the guy who thinks we are going to do all that to the NCAA, lol.

Its almost like what the NCAA wants to punish is schools who are using the above board NIL vs the shady booster system like Bama and Georgia.

How on earth can NCAA penalize schools for NIL anyway? The whole point of NIL is it technically has nothing to do with the school.
And that is why any school that takes them to court over NIL will clean their clock. Heck the Supreme Court voted 9-0 against them, to get that court to vote 9-0 on anything says it all.

Negotiating a favorable deal is the opposite of getting lucky. They also subverted our recruiting for 2 years by keeping it in the headlines and as arguments other coaches could use

I never said we were lucky but we absolutely got off light. If this was Bama, we would all be calling for multi-season postseason bans for them. Some of that was us being proactive, some of that was the weakened NCAA, and some of that involved the NCAA not asking the following follow up questions:

1. What did Fulmer know, what should have he known, and would have a competent AD known?

2. Why are all these players like Mims turning down $$$ at UT to go to Bama/UGA for free?

3. Where did Pruitt use those tactics previously?

There is way too much ambiguity governing NIL right now for the NCAA to penalize anyone for violating it's terms, including a school such as Tennessee, which is already on probation.
Yep, NCAA are hypocrites. They are the ones who created this entire mess, then try to slap anyone for the mess THEY caused is laughable at best.

Reactions: volfeeva
Uh, UGA X lived 10 yrs which is on the high end for the breed.

Not sure what a staffer driving current players around has to do with NIL.

I'll pipe down now.
It doesn’t. Just reminding you of all the glass in your own house, pal.

Holy Crap, 2015 was ten years ago? Wait a minute… 😂

Reactions: JustinVol
And that is why any school that takes them to court over NIL will clean their clock. Heck the Supreme Court voted 9-0 against them, to get that court to vote 9-0 on anything says it all.
SCOTUS did give them power over NIL but blasted them out of the water on everything else.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Got any specifics on how UGA and Bama are using shady NIL practices because from everything I've read, Bama and UGA have 2 of the most conservative NIL programs.

Why would they have strong NIL programs? They perfected paying under the table before NIL. Saban left almost specifically because of NIL. No longer could Alabama's host of shadowy bag men give them as much advantage.

So no, I think UGA and Bama are the LEAST likely to have an NIL violation because they are still working to transition from their old system.

GBO
Tennessee will no doubt fight any charges if the NCAA dares go there. Tennessee is already saying they have did no wrong. I think any power 5 school will fight the NCAA to the end, probably with conference support. I think the Power 5 schools need to break away at this point and find their own governing body. The NCAA just isn’t built to run things properly or effectively. They are a total cluster! GBO

Reactions: volfeeva
I was under the impression UT had a high-dollar, top-notch AD who would be on top of this stuff and ensure it didnt happen again.

I thought Florida, did, as well.

I think there is a lot of uncertainty out there as to how to comply with whatever arcane rules have been put in place. I cannot understand why, given that we can now pay players, UF, or UT, or FSU, would intentionally screw it up.

Its going to be largely bureaucratic for all of these investigations, seems most likely.

Reactions: Gandalf

VN Store

Back