Recruiting Football Talk VII

Either the defense no-showed, or South Carolina inexplicably had our number. There are people that blame it on the players and the coaches. There are people that trace potential ties back to the Michigan sign-stealing thing. It's also college football and things happen sometimes. I hope we get the full story someday, but it remains an enigma.

At this point, it is no longer an enigma. It is quite clear the Michigan gave our signs and Clemson's signs to Beamer.

Indisputable Facts:

1) Michigan's signal stealer was at UK @ UT game taping.

2) The fighting Beamers scored a grand total of 6 points the week before against a terrible UF team. The score was 38-6.

3) Michigan taped Clemson's signals.

4) Beamer was caught and punished for taking WF's signals/playbook/gameplan while coaching at VT.

5) The fighting Beamers utilized new special arm bands for the UT/Clemson game. They have not used the before or since. ESPN also hilariously ran a story during both games about it.

6) The fighting Beamers played out of their ****ing minds against UT and Clemson back to back before going back to their normal selves during their bowl game and this past season.

You can draw your own conclusions from those facts. In the poker world, we rarely are able to catch cheaters red-handed; thus, we use statistics to show outrageous statistical improbabilities to make our cases against them. Unless another conspirator comes forward, the same applies to this situation.

For me, I'll go to my grave knowing that game was illegitimate.

Dropped passes will always happen. However, the amount Milton threw and was responsible for was ridiculous. Also, Nico was graded as one of the best QBs in all of the bowl games.

You could tell there was a difference in his ball than anything Milton threw. I mean look at the sideline throw to Ramel… Milton would of never of made that throw ever.

I think it’s time we stop blaming the drops on un-catchable throws. You saw the same issues in the bowl game with the passing game we saw all season.

And Joe dropped some absolute dimes at times. Nico will be better, no doubt, but no reason to pretend like Joe doesn’t have absurd arm talent. He just couldn’t / didn’t throw on the run.

One thing I like about the portal is guys really putting in the effort in obscurity get more opportunities to climb the ladder. In the past I imagine many missed their shots. I think player parity forget school parity is getting better for that reason. Guys can leave when a coach is an unreasonable jerk instead of crying to the media. Schools can also turn off the financial tap on the player too if the reverse is occuring. If we can ever get into a rythym I think it will be fine. The issue has been too many changes at once and too little time to digest.

Shouldn’t we compare him to the top DCs in the country?

He is paid as a top ten DC in the entire country.

I don’t think he is terrible, but I don’t think he is great either.
who are the top defensive coordinators in the country….Looked at top ten paid…. Matt House,Kentucky DC, Kevin Steele are on the list…. He finished top 16 in power 5 ppg allowed…. a good chunk of that list is the big ten…. they don’t play offense….His stats say that he has done a pretty good job….. i’m not adverse to change but it better be for a 100% lock guarantee or we will end up with another sunseri.

Last edited:
I wouldn't ignore InVol...he is a good guy...he just REALLY REALLY REALLY hates Banks defense...to the point he will NEVER acknowledge what is a quantifiable fact...that the defense, while not really-good and certainly not great, has improved since he got here.
For the last time I don't hate Banks. He's just not very good, IMO. I'm sorry so many are disturbed by that. I see this window of opportunity and I can see it slipping through our fingers. I realize that any criticism of coaches is met by mob rioting 😂 . I'm ok with that. Some will be right and some will be wrong. I'm very comfortable with my stance.

I think it’s time we stop blaming the drops on un-catchable throws. You saw the same issues in the bowl game with the passing game we saw all season.

And Joe dropped some absolute dimes at times. Nico will be better, no doubt, but no reason to pretend like Joe doesn’t have absurd arm talent. He just couldn’t / didn’t throw on the run.
Yup.

Joe was better than a lot of prior QB's we've had the issue is we were comparing him to two pretty bad ass book ends.

There is something very dysfunctional about spending sooooo much time, energy and mind-space on the "hate" of a defense. Coach Banks is a trigger for InVol for some reason.

But I'm a firm believer in what you put out into the world comes back to you. Putting out "hate" and spending energy on hating someone will never yield a positive result.

So InVol can continue with the Banks hate and its never going to change the trajectory of Tennessee Foolball or the career of Coach Banks at Tennessee Football or beyond.
Thanks, Ms. Banks. I appreciate your presence here. Hopefully you can coach him up. But I've said repeatedly I don't hate Coach Banks. I just don't think he's up for the job. I think he's a great person and extremely nice (at least that's how he comes across).

One thing I like about the portal is guys really putting in the effort in obscurity get more opportunities to climb the ladder. In the past I imagine many missed their shots. I think player parity forget school parity is getting better for that reason. Guys can leave when a coach is an unreasonable jerk instead of crying to the media. Schools can also turn off the financial tap on the player too if the reverse is occuring. If we can ever get into a rythym I think it will be fine. The issue has been too many changes at once and too little time to digest.
Define Unreasonable Jerk coach..please..

Are you referring to a Head Coach or a Position Coach?

Last edited:

There were only like 2 or 3 drops in the bowl game. Ramel and Castles are the only two that I remember were egregious.

But go back and watch any of Milton’s games, and you will see him throw an absolute uncatchable laser beam more than once per game, also forget about throwing a catchable ball on the run…..

Either way Joe is gone and Nico is here. You will see an absolute 180 on offensive production. That in and of itself will show the difference in QBs…. I mean the kid scored 4 TDs against one of the best defenses in the Nation.

Thanks, Ms. Banks. I appreciate your presence here. Hopefully you can coach him up. But I've said repeatedly I don't hate Coach Banks. I just don't think he's up for the job. I think he's a great person and extremely nice (at least that's how he comes across).
I’ll judge Banks on 2024. They purged that secondary. I believe our defense will be lights out in 2024. If so it shows how good Banks is.

At this point, it is no longer an enigma. It is quite clear the Michigan gave our signs and Clemson's signs to Beamer.

Indisputable Facts:

1) Michigan's signal stealer was at UK @ UT game taping.

2) The fighting Beamers scored a grand total of 6 points the week before against a terrible UF team. The score was 38-6.

3) Michigan taped Clemson's signals.

4) Beamer was caught and punished for taking WF's signals/playbook/gameplan while coaching at VT.

5) The fighting Beamers utilized new special arm bands for the UT/Clemson game. They have not used the before or since. ESPN also hilariously ran a story during both games about it.

6) The fighting Beamers played out of their ****ing minds against UT and Clemson back to back before going back to their normal selves during their bowl game and this past season.

You can draw your own conclusions from those facts. In the poker world, we rarely are able to catch cheaters red-handed; thus, we use statistics to show outrageous statistical improbabilities to make our cases against them. Unless another conspirator comes forward, the same applies to this situation.

For me, I'll go to my grave knowing that game was illegitimate.
I wish the coaches recognized it early in the game and just let Hooker call all the plays himself. I bet he could've done it and won.

I hope we see that a lot less with Nico taking 1st team reps all off-season.

There were only like 2 or 3 drops in the bowl game. Ramel and Castles are the only two that I remember were egregious.

But go back and watch any of Milton’s games, and you will see him throw an absolute uncatchable laser beam more than once per game, also forget about throwing a catchable ball on the run…..

Either way Joe is gone and Nico is here. You will see an absolute 180 on offensive production. That in and of itself will show the difference in QBs…. I mean the kid scored 4 TDs against one of the best defenses in the Nation.

And threw for 151 yards while completing 63% of his passes. The passing game issues didn’t go away bc of Nico.

He helped the offense with his instincts to run and ability to do so. But the passing game wasn’t great.

But I do agree the offense will be better.

VN Store

Back