Recruiting Football Talk VII

FSU with Travis & Verse & the others would have been a good game. The game would've likely been capped around +/-3pts , depending on location.
Better game, absolutely, but who is favored? Again the debate is still against another excellent team that did not make the playoffs.

The better debate here is why this should have been a 12 team playoff not which close call team got screwed.

SCOTUS has already said the old model isn't legal. The current model clearly isn't viable any more than it would be if coaches could move without contracts and at-will.

The pendulum swung past its point and it's the NCAA and unis to blame for not (EASILY) getting ahead of this decades ago. They knew full well it was BS from the start of the tv money crashing in. You can't pay millions to coaches, when the players have been proven to be far more valuable, while handcuffing the players' movement...and think "that's about right" 😒 It was immoral from the get-go.

They did this to themselves.
I don't agree about talent, the head coach may indeed be a figurehead sometimes...but you don't just throw talent out there and win....you gotta have developer and plsy caller coaches, or talent will always just be potential.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Truth. Tyson Middle School. In Mr. Townsend's 7th grade homeroom, I inadvertently got in the way of Leroy Thompson as he was chasing Elaine Willis between desks. He gave me an uppercut in the epigastric area and I was folded in half, unable to breathe, barely knowing what had happened. That said, he was actually a nice guy, great singing voice. He could dunk on a 10 foot basket in 6th grade when he was something like 5'7". It would have been nice to see him in orange. I never was sure why that didn't happen.
Love the story. Thanks for sharing

23 FSU players didn't play in game ..

14 hit transfer portal, just like 30,000 more players done...

9 opted out to get ready for NFL Draft, just like many others done...

So we declare those 23 quitters out of all players that done the same...
Nope, but we can declare UGA a better team tonight and they had the same portal and opt out pressures. They even had the added insult of being snubbed after winning the thing 2 years in a row. Can both not be relevant? Not crying for UGA, but I am sure not crying for a wilted FSU either.

If both UGA and FSU had been at full strength the game would’ve been a toss up. That wasn’t the case and FSU was without all of their best players, who were either injured or opted out. Thus, they got embarrassed.
All of this.

They were also told winning doesn't matter. It's like voting for a president in Venezuela. Who the **** cares? It's rigged and nobody wants to vote.

If both UGA and FSU had been at full strength the game would’ve been a toss up. That wasn’t the case and FSU was without all of their best players, who were either injured or opted out. Thus, they got embarrassed.
All of this.

They were also told winning doesn't matter. It's like voting for a president in Venezuela. Who the **** cares? It's rigged and nobody wants to vote the next time

Nope, but we can declare UGA a better team tonight and they had the same portal and opt out pressures. They even had the added insult of being snubbed after winning the thing 2 years in a row. Can both not be relevant? Not crying for UGA, but I am sure not crying for a wilted FSU either.
No skin either way, but these young men can do what's BEST FOR THEM...

Reactions: DD4ME
Added Weller Single Barrel, Stagg, and RVW10 to the cabinet over Christmas. Stagg 2 140 proof?? Looking forward trying it. Also, I am a big Weller fan. For those who have tried it, provide a review on Weller Single Barrel.
I think it’s super solid. not worth the chase, but a bottle worth having in the cabinet

sarcastic-face-mocking.gif
Hey that’s the perk of being Santa clause this time of year 😄😄

I don't agree about talent, the head coach may indeed be a figurehead sometimes...but you don't just throw talent out there and win....you gotta have developer and plsy caller coaches, or talent will always just be potential.
I'm guessing you're replying to the players' value vs coaches?

In a free(ish) market such as the NFL, the roster costs 20-30x the HC. That's how the market has valued a hc vs the players. That's my baseline for the point.

Reactions: knoxvol52
My eyes leaked a bit seeing our uniform for Monday. GBO! I know it’s cheesy (🙂), but I’m ready. I hate Iowa as most of you know. Piss on them.
This is our best uniform combo
Tradition matters
White helmet- Orange Power T
Orange top
White bottom

Wherever you’re listening around the world…….

The argument from FSU backers was ALWAYS that they deserved to be in based on what they accomplished during the season.

Using today’s result as a counterpoint to that is a non sequitur.
This. Like the way their president said it. The committee chose based on potential instead of performance.

I think it’s super solid. not worth the chase, but a bottle worth having in the cabinet
Weller single is really good if you like Buffalo trace stuff. It’s 100% not worth secondary price but if you snag one at retail it’s a no brainer. Most of this stuff is not worth the secondary or store markups.

On any given day any good team can win in CFB. That disclaimer aside, IMO a full strength UGA with Brock Bowers would skull drag all but maybe 2 teams.
Bama and maybe TX? I am not convinced MI is anything against a well rounded team and Mizzou and Ole Miss exposed that theory today.

These excuses made for teams outside the SEC that opted out while also crying how CFB is diluted should stop. Either acknowledge the teams that showed up for showing up or stop bringing it up as an excuse. Because for some it is not.

This roughly where I am at.

The only 3 teams I've been sold on this season is UGA, Bama, and Texas. Washington I've been unsure of. Michigan, along with the entire Big 10 this year, come across as frauds.

Reactions: Dudley Smith

VN Store

Back