How do you guys feel about the bowl game?

Under two weeks until the game. How do you Vols feel about the Citrus Bowl game at this point?

Tenn has taken a decent roster hit from the portal, especially in the secondary.

Iowa on the other hand has been basically untouched to this point by portal madness and none of the defensive players who are sure-fire NFL picks have opted out for Iowa either.

Still feel that your speed will be too much for Iowa and win the day for UT?
Iowa doesn’t know that the forward pass is legal.

If Nico was playin it would be better . But I will be watching and cheering the Vols for the win and JM glad its his last game that he can play as a Vol

Under two weeks until the game. How do you Vols feel about the Citrus Bowl game at this point?

Tenn has taken a decent roster hit from the portal, especially in the secondary.

Iowa on the other hand has been basically untouched to this point by portal madness and none of the defensive players who are sure-fire NFL picks have opted out for Iowa either.

We have too much speed for Iowa and a win is a great way to ring in 2024.

The Mizzou loss and especially the Florida loss really tainted the season. We should’ve finished 10-2 or 9-3.
Mizzou is a damn good football team this year, as much as it pains me to say. I wouldn't be surprised if they beat Ohio State honestly. As usual, we played Florida early when they still thought they had something to play for.

Reactions: memtownvol

Well many have been complaining about our secondary all year, maybe we have some better that have not been playing?

What does any game ever mean?!? They’ve always been fun matchups and a chance to see your team one last time. I don’t know when we all became so self important that there needed to be a deeper reason to watch a game.
I will be watching from home, and very interested in the game. Imo it is still an honor to play in a bowl game. After all there is only one nc. and the bowls still mean something to many people or they wouldn't watch.
I don't understand how Iowa doesn't have even one player transfering out. That can't be right? Especially considering how putrid their offense was...how do you not have players leaving to try and find better opportunity???
Maybe they know no one else wants them?

That would work if I wasn’t on message boards and listening to Knox sports radio 24/7 to see what players we are keeping, losing to portal, draft and getting on signing day. To me, all of those things (and Nico - our future) are tons more important that what Joe can do against a vaunted Iowa defense and what our subpar depleted defense does against a bad Iowa offense.
I’d like to look at it as some of seniors last game. People who chose the Vols and gave their blood, sweat, and tears for this school.

Then again I’m more of a glass half full person. Why watch a sport if you’re going to skip out because a specific player you want isn’t on the field? I’d hate to root for a team in that mental atmosphere. Shew. Good luck to ya brother.

I will be watching from home, and very interested in the game. Imo it is still an honor to play in a bowl game. After all there is only one nc. and the bowls still mean something to many people or they wouldn't watch.

Maybe they know no one else wants them?
They do have just one starter leaving. WR Diante Vines who battled injuries and stone hands all year.

Then that's the way the top bowl games have always been. People act like bowl games don't matter NOW with the playoffs but does that mean they never mattered since outside of a few bowl games none of them had an impact on the national championship?
Since the Transfer Portal and players opting out that's exactly how it's been. So......it used to matter? Because the players haven't always opted out. That's the difference.

Another chance for us to put Joe on the field when we stand to gain nothing from doing it. I think I’ll be mowing the yard.

Since the Transfer Portal and players opting out that's exactly how it's been. So......it used to matter? Because the players haven't always opted out. That's the difference.

Yeah sorry that still doesn't matter to me. If my Vols are playing I am bought in and watching with the same excitement regardless of who is playing.

Reactions: Lars and LouderVol

Low-scoring, ugly affair. There will be much consternation here because we won't see much of Nico since it will be a close game.

Listening to all the prediction talk, Iowa sounds terrible on offense and so-so on defense. With our portal players moving on and an up and down year, who knows. Vegas has Vols by 8.65 and 36 over/under. I hope we can win this and start off the new year on a positive note. CJH has show he can win against Clemson and lose in Nashville so flip a coin. Go Vols!

Another chance for us to put Joe on the field when we stand to gain nothing from doing it. I think I’ll be mowing the yard.

So you want our coach to just discard the players who have given their all and tell them "hey sorry you're not playing in the bowl game because it doesn't benefit us"?

We are all glad you are not the coach.

VN Store

Back