Recruiting Football Talk VII

Lol. I care about average star tanning and filling needs. You can fill a class with high star players like receivers and such to look better but not actually fill your team needs. See Butch.
Give me two more stud DL and one more top CB, and I'd be losing my mind over this class. Say, just an example, Kam Franklin, Amaris Williams, and Cai Bates, three players we were in on at some point. I'd have zero complaints with this class. Probably still bitch about CWM, but that'll probably continue until he teaches his guys to LOOK FOR THE DAMN BALL! And wrap up when you tackle. Enough of this damn trying to shoulder them down.

I don't know...if he was THAT good Georgia wouldn't let him hit the portal. I think the injury could be worrying teams...
Possible, but most teams don't have replacements as good as the starters like UGA does. I know when he was healthy, he was good.

Give me two more stud DL and one more top CB, and I'd be losing my mind over this class. Say, just an example, Kam Franklin, Amaris Williams, and Cai Bates, three players we were in on at some point. I'd have zero complaints with this class. Probably still bitch about CWM, but that'll probably continue until he teaches his guys to LOOK FOR THE DAMN BALL! And wrap up when you tackle. Enough of this damn trying to shoulder them down.
Really only need to grab another DT, CB, and WR. Portal or recruit.

Maybe even another TE in the next portal season.

I wouldn’t count out more movement in the spring.

I really don't think the Spring portal will be great for talent. JMO. Unless we can surreptitiously lure someone in with the promise of big NIL.

Also, I'm really concerned with our DL AFTER next season. I think we're just fine for next year. But what about when those guys go?

Possible, but most teams don't have replacements as good as the starters like UGA does. I know when he was healthy, he was good.

Yeah big pickup for Kentucky...

125 total tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks and 1 int in 38 games for Georgia

Beasley in his last 3 years (38 games) - 227 total tackles, 32 TFLs, 7.5 sacks and 1 int for a TD

Ryan Callahan was just on Basilio. To summarize this topic he said that Tennessee was in it until the end on some big names, and we sometimes offered significantly more money, but the recruit still chose another school at the altar. Reason being that we essentially don’t have an ace closer. We need someone to help get us across that finish line more often with the biggest fish.

Again this doesn’t mean we aren’t doing well but it means we could be doing better with some changes.
If Callahan says it, we should believe it he follows recruiting more than most....

Ryan Callahan was just on Basilio. To summarize this topic he said that Tennessee was in it until the end on some big names, and we sometimes offered significantly more money, but the recruit still chose another school at the altar. Reason being that we essentially don’t have an ace closer. We need someone to help get us across that finish line more often with the biggest fish.

Again this doesn’t mean we aren’t doing well but it means we could be doing better with some changes.
You said Basilio. Everything after need be used fertilize the garden.

Your closer can't be afraid to get some fleas. Heup is the cool family that hosts the family Christmas party every year, but your closer has to be the drunk uncle that's not afraid to do what he's gotta do to get what he wants.
In other words, blow smoke like Butch, right. He closed and he might have been drunk. Turned out well. I take it how it is now, thank you.

Yeah big pickup for Kentucky...

125 total tackles, 17 TFLs, 9.5 sacks and 1 int in 38 games for Georgia

Beasley in his last 3 years (38 games) - 227 total tackles, 32 TFLs, 7.5 sacks and 1 int for a TD
Now, compare that to Johnson playing on a defense full of playmakers, and Beasley being on a defense where he was one of a few playmakers.

Reactions: tnvols72
There are things to be concerned/disappointed about regarding both high school and portal recruiting.

But the reaction to the class today I’m hearing and seeing online and on the radio is a little silly, frankly.
I think the problem is twofold. One part is it seems like we had a ton of second place, bridesmaid finishes on high profile kids and that has been something fans have grumbled about for a while. The other is that prior ot this season, there was a lot of "The 24 class is setting up to be massive", "Probable Top 5 class", etc that went around and now that that never materialized, there is a feeling of underpeformance, despite how good this class actually is.

All of that to day though, I do think a lot of the grumbling is silly. This is a good class and a crucial building block for us to move into the Nico era and the "average player ranking" number beats that out.

Named Peyton, was star struck by Tennessee the moment he came to campus, already loved the area because of trips to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, didn't bother visiting (or OV'ng) Alabama or Georgia (and says this), was a silent commit at coaches suggestion (says that drove him crazy bc he wantes to tell), and is a 6 ft tall RB with a track title. To say he checks out would be the understatement of the year.

From all that, I get the feeling he has family ties here or at the very least family members who are fans.

VN Store

Back