Recruiting Football Talk VII

Kiffin just signed another contract extension at Ole Miss yesterday, he isn't going anywhere he has it made...

No high expectations, if they get 10 wins he is like God and the occasional trip to 12 team playoffs ....

Why would you leave that cushy job making that kinda cash to go to a headache like Florida....?
To be fair, contracts don’t mean **** to these coaches. If UF is willing to pay the buyout, and Kiffin wants to coach there, then he would probably do what he does best and bolt in the middle of the night.

Heupel to OU, Lanning to UT, Kiffy to Oregon. I kinda like it.
wait-what-double-take.gif

To be fair, contracts don’t mean **** to these coaches. If UF is willing to pay the buyout, and Kiffin wants to coach there, then he would probably do what he does best and bolt in the middle of the night.
That’s the thing. Florida is notoriously cheap on buyouts. They scheduled a home and home to help buy out McElwain’s Colorado State contract and invented a scandal a few years later to get out his contract on the cheap. This ain’t FSU or A&M.

NSD, not early signing day.

He’s just saying recruiting isn’t good enough. He said it’s fine if you want to be an 8-4 program, but you won’t win championships with this level of recruiting.

“Good but not good enough.” Is verbatim the phrasing he used.

You mean to tell me it would be easier to compete for championships if our players were on the same level as Bama and Jawja? I can't even....I mean....I just can't believe that.

Would like to know what Captain Obvious' solution is to that problem?

The only solution is exactly what the staff is already doing. The roster is getting better and better. I personally am happy with the current trajectory! Only a fool expects to be recruiting at that level right now.

Edit: I've got an even hotter take.......... Water is wet!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back