Is there any chance that Baron comes back? [Ole Miss]

iuvol

that Baron comes back? I know he did this a few years ago and came back. Anyone heard anything about him returning>

Reactions: jhcrane14
Always possible but we’re not really privy to Mr Baron‘s thoughts. Is he just looking for a better NIL deal or does he want to play for a championship contender? I’m sure he wants to play in the NFL so is he looking to join a team that will improve his draft position?

Definitely glad he stayed in Knoxville through the chaos and I hope he plays one more year as a Vol. But he’s got to do what is best for him.

Always possible but we’re not really privy to Mr Baron‘s thoughts. Is he just looking for a better NIL deal or does he want to play for a championship contender? I’m sure he wants to play in the NFL so is he looking to join a team that will improve his draft position?

Definitely glad he stayed in Knoxville through the chaos and I hope he plays one more year as a Vol. But he’s got to do what is best for him.
Yeah, God forbid he consider the 'TEAM'. I don't care what he does. Probably best to just HTFR. That's actually my preference.

Is there somewhere that the NIL deals are posted for each player & how much each is worth? It sure seems like the NIL deals would create a lot of chaos among the haves & have nots. It also seems like that would be quite an incentive for players to transfer to get a deal, or a better deal promised by another institution.

Bye. Moving on. Last i heard was he visited Ole Miss and is visiting Arkansas.....lateral move at best with Miss and definitely a step down to Arkansas. Staff might not be too high on keeping him...

Yeah, God forbid he consider the 'TEAM'. I don't care what he does. Probably best to just HTFR. That's actually my preference.
I wonder if fans apply that same criteria to themselves and their employers. You know, you got hired out of college by a good firm but God forbid you ever consider moving on to another place - got to be loyal to the company.

I wonder if fans apply that same criteria to themselves and their employers. You know, you got hired out of college by a good firm but God forbid you ever consider moving on to another place - got to be loyal to the company.
It's now just the NFL with a few college classes mixed in. This situation is probably similar to a salary cap casualty in the pros.

You're drawing a false equivalency between being a student-athlete in an institution of higher learning, and being the employee of a company. Different missions.

Bye. Moving on. Last i heard was he visited Ole Miss and is visiting Arkansas.....lateral move at best with Miss and definitely a step down to Arkansas. Staff might not be too high on keeping him...
Nothing is lateral anymore if the money is more. Kids don’t chase titles thry cjase the best deal. If they win a championship it’s a plus. NFL will find you no matter where you are.

It's now just the NFL with a few college classes mixed in. This situation is probably similar to a salary cap casualty in the pros.
Yea, it’s only been an amateur sport in name for decades - just recently the players haven been allowed to legally make money for their work but they have been full football players for decades. The transfer rules along with NIL money make it much different than just a few years ago.

One of the talking heads suggested that Nico’s deal is so large it may impact the ability of the Tennessee folks to pay enough to keep all their other players. So yea, it’s like a salary cap but not one that’s been mandated - we’re limited by how much the fans are willing to contribute. We need more money in the pot to be able to keep the players we want (as long as they want to stay). But Baron has been here 4 years and might want to play for a NC in his last year or go somewhere to improve his draft stock and that could be bigger than NIL money for him at this point. As fans, we don’t know the details.

You're drawing a false equivalency between being a student-athlete in an institution of higher learning, and being the employee of a company. Different missions.
No, you are just used to these young men getting screwed and you've enjoyed watching them sacrifice their bodies for a pittance.

Not really. While that true for the majority of folks who get scholarships - especially in lower divisions and for the non competitive schools - it’s not true for those who have the talent and skills to pro. They are effectively full time employees in training for their career - the potential for a degree is a side benefit similar to their healthcare, boarding , meals, etc. Recent changes now allow them to transfer from one training facility to another without penalty. For big time football and basketball players, looking at it as being the old student-athlete model isn’t really accurate anymore.

Actually, a majority of college student-athletes still do go to school in pursuit of the education.
True because the vast majority are not big time pro prospects In football and basketball. Nowadays we’re seeing more and more kids changing high schools several times to improve their shot at getting the right training program for the NFL (aka college). It’s a different reality then when I was young.

Reactions: Ratvol

VN Store

Back