'24 DC OT Jordan Seaton (Future Portal Entry)

It's not an indictment on the staff if kids are buying the racist BS Deion is selling. And yes, for Deion to make it about the color of one's skin is racist. He's not the only black HC in college football.
There is nothing racist about what Deion is doing. People want to be around people they feel comfortable around and have a similar experience to them. Shannon Sharpe touched on this last week, these kids know these coaches antics are fake. Deion is his authentic self, which appeals to other black people. If you haven’t noticed the culture has totally embraced Deion. Not only did celebrities attend CU games, but I know many people with no connection to CU who attended a game because of Deion.

We have two 5 stars committed
We have two 5 stars committed
Actually they're four stars on ON3. The 37th and 45th best players respectively. Which is great. Damn glad to have them. They're huge needs and huge gets, and as I said we will always get our fair share. I also said I was venting and would return to being positive, but you had to go and ruin it and make me defend my venting, which I'd rather not have to do because it is in fact negative.

I understand the concern. But recruiting is one part of a multi part formula for championships. Recruiting, culture, development, retention, coaching, and scheme are all important.

Is the perceived reluctance to replace staff based on who we want to see replaced or his history as a HC? If it is his history, he has a pretty good track record with how he does things. It isn't perfect and it isn't Bama, UGA, OSU levels of consistency but it is good.
What track record? This is only the second place he's been a HC. I like the guy, a lot, but recruiting is a big factor in the SEC. That is just a simple fact of life.

Reactions: berryvol
There is nothing racist about what Deion is doing. People want to be around people they feel comfortable around and have a similar experience to them. Shannon Sharpe touched on this last week, these kids know these coaches antics are fake. Deion is his authentic self, which appeals to other black people. If you haven’t noticed the culture has totally embraced Deion. Not only did celebrities attend CU games, but I know many people with no connection to CU who attended a game because of Deion.
So no one would bat an eye if arch manning said “Why wouldn’t you wanna play for a guy who looks like you?”

What track record? This is only the second place he's been a HC. I like the guy, a lot, but recruiting is a big factor in the SEC. That is just a simple fact of life.
He has a 6 year track record as HC, correct? That's the track record i referenced.

Recruiting is a big factor everywhere and it is one of the many factors which factor into a championship factory type program. I might have gotten carried away with "factory", there.

Bull 💩

Deion is not the only black head coach in CFB. Using race as a selling factor is racist IMO.

Not choosing a school based on the head coach’s skin color is racist 🤷🏻‍♂️

Picking who you “help” based on skin color is also racist.

Did he straight up tell them he was coming or they just felt good?
After hearing all sides of this or at least three sides of it. Development and NIL was the thing he was looking for in interviews supposedly. I think pretty much everyone in that final group of four had conceded Tennessee was going to have the largest NIL package barring Oregon coming in with a last minute overly ambitious offer. Bama and OSU thought development favored them but it was close enough probably that we got him. Everyone was surprised by this one as much as you can get surprised by recruiting.

He has a 6 year track record as HC, correct? That's the track record i referenced.

Recruiting is a big factor everywhere and it is one of the many factors which factor into a championship factory program. I might have gotten carried away with "factory", there.
Who are the top teams in the SEC? Now look at their recruiting. Not now, but before they were winning championships. Recruiting is huge in how they got to where they are.

So no one would bat an eye if arch manning said “Why wouldn’t you wanna play for a guy who looks like you?”
This statement is asinine. He is not in a system that has perpetually oppressed people that look like him, he easily has the opportunity to select someone that acts and looks like him. There have always been white coaches; however there haven’t been any coaches like Deion that are black and have openly been themself. We are only 25-30 years past the gatekeeping of the Qb position.

VN Store

Back